Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 2024 430i hifi question

05-09-2024, 10:33 AM   #1
KE5TNY
Rep
Drives: 2024 430I Xdrive

2024 430i hifi question

Is it possible to code the equalizer into the high fi system? I am looking to get more control than bass and treble.

THX
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 03:50 PM   #2
Cam330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE5TNY View Post
Is it possible to code the equalizer into the high fi system? I am looking to get more control than bass and treble.

THX
Hellooo

It appears that coding with iDrive8/iDrive8.5 has not been a pleasant experience - coding is either extremely limited or nonexistent and this is from what I've seen while scrolling through the forums. Although I myself have a limited experience with coding (only coding iDrive 7 vehicles), I've only ever seen sound codings that require a vehicle to have the H/K sound system, which comes with the equalizer option.

For me, Harman Kardon Surround Sound is a MUST and I would honestly opt for it if its not too late.

That said, I do have a few tips that might help improve sound quality with the base Hi-Fi system:
1. Adjust the Equalizer (EQ) on your mobile device
- iPhone users: Settings --> Music --> EQ --> choose a sound profile that reflects to whatever genre of music you listen to
NOTE: I'm not sure if this affects the quality via Apple CarPlay/Bluetooth Audio, but you can definitely hear it with headphones!
2. Adding Reverb/3D Audio via Music editing software/program
3. Increase the "Speed Volume" in the sound settings in your car to max

Lastly, below is a link to Bavsound and Bimmertech, which are both well-known companies that specializes in improving the sound quality in BMW's with the standard Hi - Fi system - maybe this can help as well!

Bavsound: https://www.bavsound.com/pages/bavsound-explained

Bimmertech: https://www.bimmer-tech.net/speakers...lifier-for-bmw

That said, please keep us posted and let us know if you have any additional questions - we all family!

Android users - if you have any special settings/apps/tools to improve the audio quality on your mobile device, please share!

Cameron (2021 BMW 330i - I named him/it: "Hrag")
Appreciate 0