Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums CANADA Halifax Members?

10-08-2022, 10:24 AM   #1
BMW1020
Rep
Drives: 22 X5

Halifax Members?

Any Halifax Members around - Long time lurker here 🙃

Have a G20 M340i on order and a G80 hopefully to be ordered around Christmas time.

Hoping to meet up on the next meet if we have any. Also looking for any suggestions from members on the best place for PPF and Ceramic.

I heard some great things about Gtechniq and was tenpted to try it myself but chickened out and am now open to any recommendations!
Appreciate 1
Seanhfx217.00
      10-08-2022, 05:37 PM   #2
Seanhfx
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY23 M3 Comp Edition 50 Jahre

I don't think there are many here and haven't noticed any posts about meet ups.

As for coating and PPF. I've done my own paint correction and coatings, applying Optimum Opti Coat, Gyeon Mohs, Adams Graphene, and Ammo NYC. I have 100's of microfibre towells, multiple polishers, 20-30 polishing pads, etc and gallons of car soap.

As for Gtechniq, it is suppose to be rather user friendly, and gives a different look than most coatings.

This time around I'm getting a polish paint enhancement done, plus PPF on entire front end, roof, sills, etc... even getting ExoShield done on the front windshield. Oh and the brake calipers and wheels are being coated by Innodetail.

IMO Hooked on Detail (even though they never bothered to give me a quote) and Innovative Detail/NDR are the best around. The later are doing my car and I'm beyond picky since I do my own paint correction, but thought to pay out this time around.

I haven't decided on last step protection yet, but I have 6 months to decide. I'm 50/50 on a coating.

If you are probably going to be at O'Regans some time as me, if after, you'll see my M340 (San Marino Blue) as I'm trading it in. When I had a re-call done in March, they had it for 2 days and left it in the service bay. I picked it up later on a Saturday, when I went in May order the M3 Comp, my SA wanted to know how I wash the car because there were no scratches/swirls. The car is mint.
2017 340i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 08:21 AM   #3
BMW1020
Rep
Drives: 22 X5

What kind of PPF were you planning on ? I had Xpel in my previous cars and they help up well for the normal 5-7 years of ownership I usually need out of the cars.

I was also debating whether it makes sense to get all this done now or wait for the winter to be over. I have a daily I will probably ride out over the winter before scrapping it next spring but knowing me I probably wont be able to leave the BMW in the garage over the winter either !
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 08:50 AM   #4
Seanhfx
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY23 M3 Comp Edition 50 Jahre

It's not well known, but is one of the biggest manufacture of PPF in the world NDR uses GSWF, the biggest reason I like it is because of it's clarity. The orange peel look isn't nearly as pronounced compared to XPEL.

I've never had PPF on any car, and every car gets that rock chip that I hate looking at when I was the car. Although I may still get them, at least the entire front end will be protected.
2017 340i xDrive
Appreciate 0