Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics "Limited support with driver assistance" error- 2 systems affected

08-11-2021, 04:46 AM   #1
Jose Vigil
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i xdrive 2020

"Limited support with driver assistance" error- 2 systems affected

Hi all, I'm getting this error on the central screen of my 330i xdrive. It is very annoying because the message appears every 45 seconds, even acepting and closing the message, it appears again... so the gps, carplay and any othe app are blocked.
I tried to stop and start the car, close and open it, but it's still there! Only parking the car and waiting for some hours makes the error disappear until next time (may be next day, next week, weeks... it unpredictible)

The message also says that there are 2 systems affected: lateral colission detection and lane departure warning. As far as I see both systems are related to lane detection.

Any idea of what's happening. Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 05:51 AM   #2
Yossi123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330xi G21

Looks like a faulty (or dirty) sensor which is throwing an error code. A dealer will have to run the diagnostics and will find what component is causing the trouble.
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2021, 07:13 AM   #3
Jose Vigil
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossi123 View Post
Looks like a faulty (or dirty) sensor which is throwing an error code. A dealer will have to run the diagnostics and will find what component is causing the trouble.
Thank you for the answer!

I'm already in touch with them, and they already run the diagnostics. Actually, they made a sw update thinking that it was the problem, but the issue re-appeared after 1 week. (I'll go back to them) The problem is that the issue is intermitent. It'll be extremelly dificult to bring the car at the moment the issue is present.

If anybody has another info, it'll be much appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance!
Jose
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 09:11 PM   #4
Bc2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

I drove in heavy rain during a recent trip and that same message was displayed several times as the sensors were blocked. I think it was the front sensor, but it’s hard to tell for sure. I cleared it each time without any issue. It sounds like you have a faulty sensor or loose wire, and it’s causing intermittent detection problems.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 04:20 AM   #5
Jose Vigil
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bc2005 View Post
I drove in heavy rain during a recent trip and that same message was displayed several times as the sensors were blocked. I think it was the front sensor, but it's hard to tell for sure. I cleared it each time without any issue. It sounds like you have a faulty sensor or loose wire, and it's causing intermittent detection problems.
Thank you!
Jose
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 08:30 AM   #6
nwg20
Rep
Drives: G20 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bc2005 View Post
I drove in heavy rain during a recent trip and that same message was displayed several times as the sensors were blocked. I think it was the front sensor, but it’s hard to tell for sure. I cleared it each time without any issue. It sounds like you have a faulty sensor or loose wire, and it’s causing intermittent detection problems.
I got this from washing my car a few weeks ago. Sprayed the front bumper too close/hard trying to get a few bugs off and got the exact behavior as OP from one of the sensors. Let it sit overnight, same thing in the morning on the way to work. Leave work later that morning to go to BMW and it had stopped.

Called BMW and they said probably not worth my time to come in. They could try scanning but couldn't do much if the issue had cleared. Diag codes had all cleared as well (in iDrive at least). Turned around and haven't had the issue since .
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 11:26 AM   #7
nooobimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340Xi

I had the same problem. My audio cut out, driver assistance cut out and then the car would go off with a loud bang every couple of minutes. It was the RAM (Radio Audio Module) that was issue.
Appreciate 0