Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Need help with expiring Financing promotion

01-02-2024, 01:59 PM   #1
uri-B58
Rep
Drives: BMW M40i

Need help with expiring Financing promotion

Hi all -

I'm currently in the process of taking delivery on a 2024 M340i. There is currently a financing offer of 2.99% APR for 60 months, which is set to expire today (1/2/24). The vehicle has arrived at the port however, it will not be at the dealer by end of day - which means the promotional APR will expire before I am able to sign any contract. I have put a "hold" / "reserve" deposit on the vehicle.

I called the dealer and spoke to the sales person who said this promotion is coming down from BMW Financial Services and therefore they aren't able to do anything with the expiration date or honoring it once the vehicle arrives. They also mentioned there's new promotions/incentives set to release in January.

I tried calling BMW Financial Services to see if they could honor this rate for me however it doesn't seem like this is possible as they primarily deal with existing customers on leases/loans. I was probably asking for a lot but figured it was worth a shot.

Has anyone dealt with something similar to this? Am I SOL on this particular promotion or is there anything that I could potentially do?

Would be awesome if anyone knows of upcoming incentives with BMW.

Thanks y'all
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 04:59 PM   #2
jlapicki
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

If you signed a contract, any reputable dealer will give you the rate quoted in the contact or the rate at delivery, whichever is lower.....done that many times with BMW Financial...
2017 M2 - Alpine White / Black - SOLD
2001 e39 M5 - Titanium / Caramel - A "Keeper"
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 06:41 PM   #3
zoso4534
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Go get financing from a credit union. You may get a better rate.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 07:44 PM   #4
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

I think if a BMWFS application is submitted, the rate at the time of submission will be honored.
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2024, 10:49 PM   #5
TheKandyman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

I took delivery of my car two or three days after my promotion rate had expired, and the finance manager at the dealership honored the promo rate which had just expired. It wasn't the initial rate I had applied for though.This was almost 2 years ago, just coming out of COVID when orders and delivery were unpredictable. It took almost 5 months from order to delivery at the dealership. During that time I started with a 0.9% rate which expired while the car sat at a port waiting for shipping across the Atlantic. I then applied for the next promotion which was 1.9%, and that expired 2 days before the car got to the dealership.

But as I said earlier, the finance manager still honored the second rate, possibly because we started the purchase process one day before the rate expired. The car had already cleared the vehicle distribution center and was just waiting for a truck to transport it to the dealership.
Appreciate 1