Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Is interior light (blue, organge, green, etc.) still available in 2024?

06-04-2023, 01:44 PM   #1
JITH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M440i

Is interior light (blue, organge, green, etc.) still available in 2024?

Hi, just wondering. I can't figure by the configurator if this feature is still in the m440i.

You know, the interior led light across the front panel and doors. Or is it not present in doors anymore?

Last edited by JITH; 06-04-2023 at 02:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2023, 05:38 PM   #2
X5-G05-45e
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Gran Coupe

Just got a 2024 M440i Gran Coupe and it does still have ambient lighting across the dash and upper door panels. I am pretty sure that red was one of the options, but I am running the violet color.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 10:24 AM   #3
arentz07
drives cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 IS 500, '23 X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5-G05-45e View Post
Just got a 2024 M440i Gran Coupe and it does still have ambient lighting across the dash and upper door panels. I am pretty sure that red was one of the options, but I am running the violet color.
That'd be nice if they added red. Our 2023 X3 does not have red as a possible choice, and neither did our 2021 330i.

2023 BMW X3 | Phytonic Blue | Black Vernasca Leather | Dark Wood Trim
2023 Lexus IS 500 F Sport Performance | Infrared | Black NuLuxe
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 08:32 PM   #4
Cam330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JITH View Post
Hi, just wondering. I can't figure by the configurator if this feature is still in the m440i.

You know, the interior led light across the front panel and doors. Or is it not present in doors anymore?
Hellooo and welcome! I work for BMW of NA, and after taking a look at the pricing/ordering guides, Ambient Lighting (4UR) is standard on all the 4's (incl. Coupe, Gran Coupe, Convertible, and the M4)!

For 2024 you get some new colors and some of their names has changed (e.g., "Orange" is now called "Coral"). While I don't know all the colors off the top of my head, here's a few colors (incl. Name) that really stuck out to me:
* Lime - Green
* Ivory - Off- White/Cream
* Coral - Orange
* Flamingo - Pinkish?
* Turquoise
* Yellow
* Different variations of blue and purple (sorry, forgot their names)

Anyways, I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions and welcome to the G2x Forums
Appreciate 4
RoGo330i144.00
arentz07244.50
Dan B306.50
      06-05-2023, 09:38 PM   #5
RCtennis3811
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

I wouldn’t say these colors are renamed with iDrive 8 as they’re actually different colors. Orange from the previous version is NOT analogous to coral IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 11:42 PM   #6
Cam330i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtennis3811 View Post
I wouldn’t say these colors are renamed with iDrive 8 as they’re actually different colors. Orange from the previous version is NOT analogous to coral IMHO.
Hmmmmm - you do bring up a good point that maybe these colors are indeed new, hence their new name? BMW's original "Orange" - I go back and forth as to whether it's "Coral" or "Flamingo" lol

I don't know for sure, but these colors do indeed have a new name. "White" in my car (2021 BMW 330i) shows up as "Pearl" in a 2023 BMW 330i.

Below I have attached a screenshot of some of the colors (mainly their names) in the new iDrive8 that can hopefully serve as a reference for everyone!
(NOTE: This screenshot is from a video that I took with my phone. That said, these colors in the screenshot are INACCURATE in terms of their appearance and it's because of the lighting from the video)

Vehicle Used: 2024 BMW XM
Name:  6729EB9F-187F-4AC2-9B8E-A104DAF1174E.jpg
Views: 1823
Size:  102.1 KB
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2023, 12:01 AM   #7
RCtennis3811
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Yup, they’re definitely different. There’s a thread somewhere here where you can see the RGB color values in Bimmercode are different for these new colors than the previous ones.

I, for one, really miss orange but I’ve also gotten used to the new colors.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2023, 01:21 AM   #8
Cam330i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtennis3811 View Post
Yup, they’re definitely different. There’s a thread somewhere here where you can see the RGB color values in Bimmercode are different for these new colors than the previous ones.

I, for one, really miss orange but I’ve also gotten used to the new colors.
Thanks for pointing that out!

Also, You want to know something cool that I have yet to see in any other car (incl. Luxury vehicles)? BMW should add a cycling feature to the Ambient Lights, where the ambient lights (incl. Panoramic SkyLounge LED Roof) will cycle through various colors at low speeds! I also think it should have a "FADE" option where the colors would have a smooth transition (e.g., Green -> Aqua -> Blue, etc.)

So here is an example of what I have in my head lol:

Green -> After 30 seconds will go through Aqua/Teal -> Blue -> After 30 seconds will go through Indigo/Navy -> Purple -> and so on

I drive a 2021 330i and I can't tell you how many times people have asked me if the colors cycle/change on their own, to which I reply with a "No" lol

While I am sure other car manufactures may have this feature and I am sure this feature is relatively inexpensive to install/incorporate, I've only ever seen this feature in cars that have Ambient Lighting via the Aftermarket route. Again, I've been in the car business all my life (since 2014 when I turned 18) and so I've come across many different vehicles from one end of the spectrum to the next, but I have yet to see an Ambient Lighting system that cycles/changes colors automatically.

Lastly, to prevent excessive wear and tear (if any??) on the system, this feature can only be used at night and this is because Ambient Lighting (incl. Panoramic SkyLounge LED Roof) is more or less useless during the day, but is forsure a show stopper at night!

BMW does have a somewhat similar feature with iDrive8 in which the ambient lighting will change depending on the driving mode (e.g., Red in Sport mode, Aqua/Green in Eco-Pro mode, etc.). However, I don't like this feature (personal preference) and you cannot change the color nor disable this feature. However, to date, the X7 with iDrive8 is the ONLY model that gives you the option to disable this and so you can change driving modes, but keep the same selected color. Again, it's rather odd how this feature is absent in other BMW's with iDrive8??? When I get a chance, I'll get some pictures to show you what I am talking about!
NOTE: I'm not sure if changing the driving mode in the 2/3/4 series with iDrive 8 will also result in the ambient lighting system being changed as well, but it is present in the 7/iX/X1 and it does annoy me. I usually drive in either Eco-Pro mode or Sport Mode, but I tend to not change the driving mode in those vehicles and will simply keep the car in it's default mode, which is Normal (or I think it's called "Personal Mode"?)

Anyways, stay safe out there y'all!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 01:10 PM   #9
SiO2_PDX
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440ixGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam330i View Post
Hellooo and welcome! I work for BMW of NA, and after taking a look at the pricing/ordering guides, Ambient Lighting (4UR) is standard on all the 4's (incl. Coupe, Gran Coupe, Convertible, and the M4)!

For 2024 you get some new colors and some of their names has changed (e.g., "Orange" is now called "Coral"). While I don't know all the colors off the top of my head, here's a few colors (incl. Name) that really stuck out to me:
* Lime - Green
* Ivory - Off- White/Cream
* Coral - Orange
* Flamingo - Pinkish?
* Turquoise
* Yellow
* Different variations of blue and purple (sorry, forgot their names)

Anyways, I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions and welcome to the G2x Forums
I just picked up my 2024 M440i GC. After watching videos and reading forum posts, I was expecting more and different colors of ambient lighting. At the very least, I was expecting violet (purple is my favorite color). I am seeing a different list of colors for different BMW models, but even for the same model year of the M440i (X5-G05-45e has violet in their 2024 M440i GC). What gives? Is this a software thing where other colors could be added? At the very least, I would have liked a nice deep blue. Azure is ok. I wouldn't even consider any of the other colors. The colors I have are:
ivory, citrine, coral, flamingo, pearl, turqoise, emerald, rose, azure
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 02:46 PM   #10
blue_seather
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 G26 M440i xDrive

It's 2024 now. Why haven't they figured out a way to implement a color picker? The strips obviously support the whole RGB spectrum and I doubt they vary much from model to model.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 03:43 PM   #11
ghostB48
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i

The colors are these pretty bad pastel set that is completely different to ID7.

I have a 2024 m440 and I coded in violet using bimmercode. I only cared for the purple but I think you can only put one color in at a time....
Appreciate 0