Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 2025 3 Series is getting TU2 engines. Starts production 7/2024

04-02-2024, 02:02 AM   #89
JacBres
Rep
Drives: F30

I actually ordered my G20 2 weeks ago and my dealer told me it will probably (90%) be the LCI2 anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 03:29 PM   #90
darthry
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mazda 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacBres View Post
I actually ordered my G20 2 weeks ago and my dealer told me it will probably (90%) be the LCI2 anyway.
Is this because they are awaiting an allocation and would likely end up with a July production?

I just ordered one. Supposedly my dealer has an allocation (I’m a bit skeptical at the moment). But they said it would be a MY24, and arrive in 14-16 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 05:25 PM   #91
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthry View Post
Is this because they are awaiting an allocation and would likely end up with a July production?

I just ordered one. Supposedly my dealer has an allocation (I’m a bit skeptical at the moment). But they said it would be a MY24, and arrive in 14-16 weeks.
Just get the dealer to give you the production number for your allocation.They will also know the production month if they have an allocation.It should be a May allocation because those were just released at the beginning of April.There are also three more production months at the Mexican plant,May,June and July for MY24 production.All US 3 series cars are produced at the Mexican plant.So there is plenty of time to get a MY24 3 series.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 05:56 PM   #92
darthry
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW19 View Post
Just get the dealer to give you the production number for your allocation.They will also know the production month if they have an allocation.It should be a May allocation because those were just released at the beginning of April.There are also three more production months at the Mexican plant,May,June and July for MY24 production.All US 3 series cars are produced at the Mexican plant.So there is plenty of time to get a MY24 3 series.
Thanks for these details. This is reassuring that I should at least be able to secure a MY24.

I’ve asked my CA 4 times now for a production number. All I get is either “Absolutely, I’ll send that over soon”, or they ignore that part of my message. Which has made me skeptical now. I don’t see what benefit there is to lying about an allocation.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 06:06 PM   #93
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Thanks for these details. This is reassuring that I should at least be able to secure a MY24.

I’ve asked my CA 4 times now for a production number. All I get is either “Absolutely, I’ll send that over soon”, or they ignore that part of my message. Which has made me skeptical now. I don’t see what benefit there is to lying about an allocation.
That’s very strange that he doesn’t just give it to you.Sounds like they don’t actually have an allocation for May and might be waiting for a June one.You should just go to the dealership and get your CA to show it to you on his computer screen.He logs into the BMW ordering system and is able to show the car you ordered with the options.It also displays the production number and production month.
Appreciate 1
darthry28.50
      04-09-2024, 06:17 PM   #94
wolvesatthedoor
UFO Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:

Tell them you're getting a little concerned that you still don't have this critical information and you're going to have to seriously consider ordering with a different dealer with an allocation in the near future as you're on a bit of a time crunch for the car. They'll have a production number for you very quickly if one really exists. They know you don't have to accept that car until the day it arrives and you sign all that final paperwork, so technically you can take your business anywhere you want in the meantime.
Appreciate 1
darthry28.50
      04-10-2024, 07:59 AM   #95
darthry
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW19 View Post
That’s very strange that he doesn’t just give it to you.Sounds like they don’t actually have an allocation for May and might be waiting for a June one.You should just go to the dealership and get your CA to show it to you on his computer screen.He logs into the BMW ordering system and is able to show the car you ordered with the options.It also displays the production number and production month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvesatthedoor View Post
Tell them you're getting a little concerned that you still don't have this critical information and you're going to have to seriously consider ordering with a different dealer with an allocation in the near future as you're on a bit of a time crunch for the car. They'll have a production number for you very quickly if one really exists. They know you don't have to accept that car until the day it arrives and you sign all that final paperwork, so technically you can take your business anywhere you want in the meantime.
Thanks for the suggestions.
I point-blank asked for the production number as needing it, and this is the response I got: “don’t have your production number yet”

Edit: they negotiated an allocation apparently. I now have a production number.
Appreciate 0