Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions What does this mean when trying to save SVT file?

05-21-2020, 05:58 AM   #1
msudawg
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mini Cooper S Clubman

What does this mean when trying to save SVT file?

I was following April1's instructions from 7-7-12: Coding made easy:A step by step procedure. I was trying to Read and Save SVT and while following the instructions, I got the following message shown in screen shot below.

What does this mean? I was able to see and save the CAFD folder and files. When I read the current I-step, it says: F056-17-11-540 (I-step last & shipment both say: F056-15-11-507).

Is there something I am doing wrong? It still looks like I can read ECU data, find the cheat codes in the FDL editor and once everything is in place, could code FDL. I just cant save the SVT using the SVT instructions from April1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, yet again!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 06:52 AM   #2
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by msudawg View Post
I was following April1's instructions from 7-7-12: Coding made easy:A step by step procedure. I was trying to Read and Save SVT and while following the instructions, I got the following message shown in screen shot below.
Use Read ECU, not Read VCM.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1
haruny96.50