Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Coding NFC Off Possible?

09-21-2020, 02:00 AM   #1
exhibhooligan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 430i Gran Coupe

Coding NFC Off Possible?

Has anyone heard of or have experience with using BimmerCode to turn off the NFC reader in the storage cubby under the climate controls?

I'm starting to get extremely annoyed with the constant Apple Pay pop ups from putting my phone in the tray (It's a known issue that BMW is aware of but won't bother to fix).

I was playing around in BimmerCode the other day in expert mode and saw a few options for the NFC reader. One option to actually disable the NFC reader. I was a little too scared to mess with it. Figured I'd see if anyone else has stumbled upon it!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 10:12 PM   #2
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhibhooligan View Post
Has anyone heard of or have experience with using BimmerCode to turn off the NFC reader in the storage cubby under the climate controls?

I'm starting to get extremely annoyed with the constant Apple Pay pop ups from putting my phone in the tray (It's a known issue that BMW is aware of but won't bother to fix).

I was playing around in BimmerCode the other day in expert mode and saw a few options for the NFC reader. One option to actually disable the NFC reader. I was a little too scared to mess with it. Figured I'd see if anyone else has stumbled upon it!
What version are you on? This issue was fixed in one of the updates last year, don't remember which one exactly, but was probably around 2019.07

Edit: Looking through my history, I saw that I posted about this in March 2019 when iOS 12.2 was in beta. This is when it was fixed. I've never seen it popup again after that. But as far as I remember, it was a combination of iOS 12.2 and and idrive update that fixed the problem, you need to have both updated.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 10:15 PM   #3
exhibhooligan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 902 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhibhooligan View Post

What version are you on? This issue was fixed in one of the updates last year, don't remember which one exactly, but was probably around 2019.07
07.2019 is actually the version I'm currently on. I still haven't received I think it's 12.2019 or something similar.

And even more annoying I haven't received 07.2020.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 05:10 PM   #4
versacepoptart
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

im on 07/2020.60 and this still happens to m on iOS 14... so annoying
Appreciate 1