Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Canadian 2021 330e Pricing, Options, and Questions

04-27-2020, 02:17 AM   #1
rekun
Canada
Rep
Drives: TBA

Canadian 2021 330e Pricing, Options, and Questions

I am planning to purchase a 330e RWD in Canada and just wanted to share some information (attached), along with some questions.

It seems like the RWD at a starting price of $44950 makes it the best bargain in the BMW lineup, considering it's $9050 cheaper than the X-drive, and cheaper than the 330i (in addition to $4000 in rebates for BC). This is likely a compliance car designed to squeeze under $45K, which then makes the X-drive model eligible for EV rebates (which I assume is going to be the volume seller).

The car seems well equipped in general, but there are a few very basic things omitted which is unique to the Canadian RWD model (things that appear standard across the entire G20 lineup for every other country), so I have some questions:

1. No "Automatic Climate Control". So what will this look like and how will it work?

2. No "HiFi Sound System". The HiFi system is already the base audio system in other models, so how bad is this "Non-HiFi" system going to be?

3. No "LED Headlights". Are they really going to put halogen headlights on a 2021 3-series? Or would they be HID's?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf MY21_3_Series_PHEV_Product_Guide.pdf (439.9 KB, 408 views)
File Type: pdf PB BMW - 01 - PHEV Model Pricing.pdf (1.11 MB, 153 views)
File Type: pdf PLUGMY21 3 Series - Retail v1.pdf (115.5 KB, 181 views)
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 01:00 PM   #2
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekun View Post
I am planning to purchase a 330e RWD in Canada and just wanted to share some information (attached), along with some questions.

It seems like the RWD at a starting price of $44950 makes it the best bargain in the BMW lineup, considering it's $9050 cheaper than the X-drive, and cheaper than the 330i (in addition to $4000 in rebates for BC). This is likely a compliance car designed to squeeze under $45K, which then makes the X-drive model eligible for EV rebates (which I assume is going to be the volume seller).

The car seems well equipped in general, but there are a few very basic things omitted which is unique to the Canadian RWD model (things that appear standard across the entire G20 lineup for every other country), so I have some questions:

1. No "Automatic Climate Control". So what will this look like and how will it work?

2. No "HiFi Sound System". The HiFi system is already the base audio system in other models, so how bad is this "Non-HiFi" system going to be?

3. No "LED Headlights". Are they really going to put halogen headlights on a 2021 3-series? Or would they be HID's?

Thanks!
1. I haven't seen a G20 with no Automatic Climate Control but I would assume it's going to use the "old" system that BMW used before automatic climate control system - there won't be that AUTO feature.

2. No HiFi Sound System just means that there won't be the HK upgrade - the sound system will be the stock/non-HK system found in every model.

3. No LED headlights means you won't get the laser update and it will be the stock headlights that you have already seen on the road - the one with the two bars at the bottom.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 03:31 PM   #3
rekun
Canada
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
1. I haven't seen a G20 with no Automatic Climate Control but I would assume it's going to use the "old" system that BMW used before automatic climate control system - there won't be that AUTO feature.

2. No HiFi Sound System just means that there won't be the HK upgrade - the sound system will be the stock/non-HK system found in every model.

3. No LED headlights means you won't get the laser update and it will be the stock headlights that you have already seen on the road - the one with the two bars at the bottom.
Thanks!

The audio is confusing, as the 330e/330i AWD is listed as having "HiFi Sound System" (HK is a separate option on top of that). And then the 330e RWD is specifically listed as NOT having the HiFi sound system compared to the 330i. It's the same thing with the headlights, the 330e specifically says it is missing LED headlights compared with the 330i

Just wondering to what extent BMW has neutered this model. Would really suck if it had halogens plus an audio system worse than an econo car
Appreciate 0