Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Any other G21 owners in Oz..?

11-25-2019, 10:16 PM   #1
OstO
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G21 330i M Sport Touring

Any other G21 owners in Oz..?

I know its early but it feels like I'm the only person with a G21 Touring. Haven't seen another one on the road yet.

Has anyone else ordered one? Id love to see/hear about your config.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 04:57 PM   #2
Brycem
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 330i Msport

Hi OstO

I picked up mine on 30 October. I suspect yours is also dravit grey with visibility and comfort packs?

Early days. Car itself is excellent but software glitches are a worry. Connected drive remote functionality has only ever worked sporadically and Apple CarPlay which had worked seamlessly disappeared last Monday.

This is my third 3 series touring. I most recently had an F31 330i Msport and this G21 moves the game on. I just wish the exhaust note had more character. I fitted an Mperformance rear silencer to my last one and will do the same again if and when they release one for the G21.

A couple of m friends have X3 M40is. Tempted as I was I just couldn’t bring myself to go down the SUV route. All that extra weight and higher centre of gravity is just so off putting.

Enough about mine how has yours been so far?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 11:43 PM   #3
OstO
Enlisted Member
Rep

Good to hear. Yes its Dravit Grey with visibility and comfort as you mention. I almost went down the X3 route too but just couldnt get used to the experience - too high, felt like a boat and coming from an F32 428i MSport Coupe, I just couldnt do it. I was very close to getting a G20 sedan and when I took the test car back to the dealer, I saw the Touring... that was it and decided that was the car.

Such a big leap forward from the F series and they were/still are great. G series is punchier at low revs, bumps are bit sharper even in comfort mode but could be the runflats - overall ride quality is better however. Steering has a nicer feel too.

The in-car tech has been flawless (including CarPlay) but the connected services were hit and miss - more miss. The car was delivered with SW 07/2019.28 and the vehicle location and 3D view never worked. I think lock/unlock/light flash did work sporadically but gave up on it. I booked the car in today for a software update to 11/2019.40 and everything is working as it should. Service description notes 'reprogrammed vehicle and telematics module'.

Still havent seen one the road in Sydney. Granted its not like I drive all over the city for a living - I'm sure they're out there! I have caught some heads turning though and many have commented positively on Dravit Grey. I don't think people are used to seeing too many Tourings around ... even previous models were scarce.

Overall am loving the car and look forward to driving it every time.

Last edited by OstO; 01-15-2020 at 02:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 05:53 PM   #4
noelos
Rep
Drives: Mazda RX-8, BMW 330i Touring

Waiting for mine ...

I ordered a mine in November in Mineral Grey (I still prefer this to Dravit Grey). Got the M-Sport with Visibility Package, Upgraded sound-system and Mesh Effect trims (the Tetragon didn't do it for me). Left pretty much everything else as it comes.

They've promised delivery of the car by end of February but I'm doubtful they'll make it as it was still in the status for Paint Shop as of a week ago. I find it hard to believe they'll finish production and get it all the way from Munich and through customs in time.

Do BMW Australia generally meet their promised delivery dates? It's my first one (and my first new car in 15 years - the RX-8 is still running great but I have a new baby and her lifestyle demands a bigger boot).
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 08:51 PM   #5
OstO
Enlisted Member
Rep

Mine was an already configured demonstrator model with 1000kms on it so I didnt wait at all. Perhaps someone else can chime in about new delivery experience.

If you dont mind me asking what your driveaway price was for a new config..?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 02:26 AM   #6
noelos
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelos View Post
I ordered a mine in November in Mineral Grey (I still prefer this to Dravit Grey). Got the M-Sport with Visibility Package, Upgraded sound-system and Mesh Effect trims (the Tetragon didn't do it for me). Left pretty much everything else as it comes.

They've promised delivery of the car by end of February but I'm doubtful they'll make it as it was still in the status for Paint Shop as of a week ago. I find it hard to believe they'll finish production and get it all the way from Munich and through customs in time.

Do BMW Australia generally meet their promised delivery dates? It's my first one (and my first new car in 15 years - the RX-8 is still running great but I have a new baby and her lifestyle demands a bigger boot).
As anticipated I called for an update today and they're now saying March. Our sales-guy said at time of sale that if they missed end-of-Feb delivery they would offer a loan car but I realise I didn't get that commitment in writing - though the contract does state the delivery date.

Anyone have experience of a late delivery and the standard treatment?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 01:51 AM   #7
noelos
Rep

Question on the tailgate - is it motorised as standard? I saw in the introductory video they show a lady opening it with a wave of her foot with her arms full of shopping - but I can't see an option for that on the configuration sheet.

But on the M Sport Package it says "Comfort Access system, keyless entry to all doors". So does that include a touch-less tailgate? or just keyless?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 05:44 PM   #8
Brycem
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 330i Msport

Touch less I believe.

Mine is. Just wave foot awkwardly.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 05:52 PM   #9
noelos
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brycem View Post
Touch less I believe.

Mine is. Just wave foot awkwardly.
Sweet! My slightly shorter (30cm shorter) wife will be pleased.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 07:05 PM   #10
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

This should keep then G21 bunch happy ! How's e real life experience ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 09:03 PM   #11
HiFi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3

Just got a G21 Touring for my wife

-Dravit Grey
-Oyster Interior
-Visibility Package
-Comfort Package
-HK Audio
-793 Individual Wheels

A great overall package and family car, would choose this every day over an X3 and the X3 is a good product...

The touring will never be a volume seller but i kinda like that about it

Last edited by HiFi; 03-18-2020 at 09:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 06:06 AM   #12
im_dave
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: R53 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Just got a G21 Touring for my wife

-Dravit Grey
-Oyster Interior
-Visibility Package
-Comfort Package
-HK Audio
-793 Individual Wheels

A great overall package and family car, would choose this every day over an X3 and the X3 is a good product...

The touring will never be a volume seller but i kinda like that about it
Congrats! I'm looking for a similar spec - can I ask what price you got for that? Cheers Dave
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 06:10 AM   #13
noelos
Rep

Aaaahhhhh. Finally in possession of my mineral grey g31 330i M Sport with 793 wheels, Aluminium Mesh Effect, visibility package and Harmon Kardon speakers.

Now looking for opportunities to drive it hard while abandoning my wife and 3-month old. First trip was to Baby Kingdom to pick up a cot for said baby. Happy to report it was easy to remove the middle divider, drop the back seats and for the whole thing and a mattress to fit in.

Next up: figuring out why Apple CarPlay is “Booker” but not actually available.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 09:28 AM   #14
OstO
Enlisted Member
Rep

Must provide pics
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 03:14 AM   #15
kabongSteve
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 340i xDrive

I wish they brought the G21 M340i to Oz and I would have bought one of them.

My F31 330i was written off with new for old replacement, but the ability to get an M340ix for only $20k more was too tempting to resist.

Only regret is loosing the wagon.
Appreciate 0