Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Dinan carbon fiber engine cover installed!

09-27-2023, 06:42 PM   #1
tylers1027
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 330I

Dinan carbon fiber engine cover installed!

Got the Dinan carbon fiber engine cover installed today and thought I'd share some pics and a review. I ordered and it came in the mail 2 days later packed really nice. The engine cover is way lighter than stock and does not have any sound dampening/heat reducing material like the original cover. The grommets are very difficult to get on but I made them work.

The engine cover pairs great with the Armaspeed carbon fiber intake. I was thinking it may make the engine louder without all the sound dampening material but don't notice any difference in sound.

I did notice without the heat shield material on the bottom of the cover it causes it to get VERY hot. Is this OK? Am I supposed to transfer over the heat material to the bottom of the cover?
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
alpineg20215.50
helmet91297.50
      09-28-2023, 08:29 PM   #2
tylers1027
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 330I

Ended up transferring the engine foam; didn't realize how easy it would be. With the foam it eliminates sound of the engine noise you hear at low rpms.
Appreciate 0