Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Build Status Tracking - 2024 M440i

08-03-2023, 03:29 AM   #265
107Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 528i

ParanoidAndroid4 your car entered through the east coast correct? If that's the case, I'll update as soon as my car hits the West Coast (on the ship Demeter Leader). - crazy that it took 2-3 weeks just for the MPE install lol but my SM told me something similar.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 08:10 AM   #266
ParanoidAndroid4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107Bulldog View Post
ParanoidAndroid4 your car entered through the east coast correct? If that's the case, I'll update as soon as my car hits the West Coast (on the ship Demeter Leader). - crazy that it took 2-3 weeks just for the MPE install lol but my SM told me something similar.
Mine went through the Galveston, TX port. Hopefully getting on a carrier today and then I’ll be able to pickup early next week.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 01:32 PM   #267
ParanoidAndroid4
Private
Rep

At the dealer!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 01:45 PM   #268
calbearz24
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid4 View Post
At the dealer!!!
Congrats! This part of the wait might be the hardest because it's RIGHT THERE.

I would be tempted to go just to look at it lol
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 10:49 PM   #269
Heimeranna
Rep

Quote:
At the dealer!!!
Congrats!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 02:46 PM   #270
ParanoidAndroid4
Private
Rep

Picked up this morning! Only had a little bit of time to drive it today, but I'm already loving it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      08-05-2023, 06:41 PM   #271
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Picked up this morning! Only had a little bit of time to drive it today, but I'm already loving it!
Awesome! Congrats! Praying I’ll be posting mine on Wednesday.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 11:52 PM   #272
calbearz24
Private
Rep

Quote:
Congrats! Did you get anything besides MPE?

Plans for any other mods?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2023, 04:42 AM   #273
ParanoidAndroid4
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbearz24 View Post
Congrats! Did you get anything besides MPE?

Plans for any other mods?
Thanks! Just wheel locks and all weather floor mats. Definitely recommend both, although not essential that you have the port handle those.

As far as other mods, there’s probably nothing in the immediate future that I’m thinking about. However, carbon fiber is my favorite trim and I really like the m performance grille. Side M badging could look nice too. I just was ready for the car. 😁
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2023, 10:45 PM   #274
Cos
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW X5 M40i Xdrive

Picking up mine tomorrow AM. Arrived at dealer on Friday, will update pics when done. Watching videos on Idrive 8 and it's going to get a ceramic coating on Tuesday AM. Then swiching out the all season run flats with Summer Tires non RF

Have to say, I love the black interior with blue contrast stiching, goes so well with this color. Artic Race Blue Metallic

Was able to trade in my X5M40i which was comming off lease in 2 months, they bought it instead and I made 6K from trade-in which took care of the down payment. Thank you inflated car market!!

Name:  RobFront.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  439.4 KB

Name:  RobSide.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  530.5 KB

Name:  RobBack.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  105.2 KB

Last edited by Cos; 08-07-2023 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2023, 02:50 PM   #275
Cammy440iGC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440GC xDrive

Nice!

My G26 M440i X-Drive is in Portimao Blue with Cognac sensatec interior. I went back and forth between Tanzanite and Portimao.

Mine is at the Port in Germany.

Been there about 5 days.

Do you recall how long it took from being at the Port to the dealership.

I live in Memphis so I'm not sure the shipping route by which it will make it to its home :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 06:38 PM   #276
ParanoidAndroid4
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy340i View Post
Nice!

My G26 M440i X-Drive is in Portimao Blue with Cognac sensatec interior. I went back and forth between Tanzanite and Portimao.

Mine is at the Port in Germany.

Been there about 5 days.

Do you recall how long it took from being at the Port to the dealership.

I live in Memphis so I'm not sure the shipping route by which it will make it to its home :-)
It's totally random. First, you're waiting at the Bremerhaven Port. That could be as little as 2 days to 4+ weeks. Once you know your ship you'll be able to see when and where it's supposed to arrive. VDC will inspect the car. This generally takes a few days unless you are getting port installed options. I'm in Texas, so I don't have a good idea for how long it will take to transport to Memphis once it's through the VDC.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 09:44 PM   #277
ParanoidAndroid4
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos View Post
Picking up mine tomorrow AM. Arrived at dealer on Friday, will update pics when done. Watching videos on Idrive 8 and it's going to get a ceramic coating on Tuesday AM. Then swiching out the all season run flats with Summer Tires non RF

Have to say, I love the black interior with blue contrast stiching, goes so well with this color. Artic Race Blue Metallic

Was able to trade in my X5M40i which was comming off lease in 2 months, they bought it instead and I made 6K from trade-in which took care of the down payment. Thank you inflated car market!!

Attachment 3248223

Attachment 3248224

Attachment 3248225
Love it! BMW just does the blues so well.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 10:06 PM   #278
calbearz24
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! Just wheel locks and all weather floor mats. Definitely recommend both, although not essential that you have the port handle those.

As far as other mods, there’s probably nothing in the immediate future that I’m thinking about. However, carbon fiber is my favorite trim and I really like the m performance grille. Side M badging could look nice too. I just was ready for the car. 😁
Got a link to that M Performance grille? I don't think I've seen that.

CF interior trim is on my list, just need to figure out if I'm brave enough to do it myself or trust the dealership to do it correctly (no broken tabs or anything). I'm planning to get the wheel locks and all weather liners but I can easily do those myself. I'm still undecided on MPE since this will be my first car with a more audible exhaust, so I will see how I like stock before pulling that $2.5k trigger. I'd like to get the quad exhaust tips too, but not sure which color combo (CF and black or CF and blue/gold because Cal). I'm undecided on which spoiler color (CF or gloss black forstormtrooper look?) and style (M4 or M Perf or PSM) so I'm sticking w/stock for now.

My car arrived at the port of exit yesterday. I didn't have any port options added so hopefully it can leave the VDC soon. It may be better if it waits a bit since the main cross street of my house is in the midst of a slurry seal and is in the loose gravel phase. If my M440i does arrive sooner it will have to live at my parents' house until that road is finished.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 07:27 PM   #279
ParanoidAndroid4
Private
Rep

Quote:
Got a link to that M Performance grille? I don't think I've seen that.

CF interior trim is on my list, just need to figure out if I'm brave enough to do it myself or trust the dealership to do it correctly (no broken tabs or anything). I'm planning to get the wheel locks and all weather liners but I can easily do those myself. I'm still undecided on MPE since this will be my first car with a more audible exhaust, so I will see how I like stock before pulling that $2.5k trigger. I'd like to get the quad exhaust tips too, but not sure which color combo (CF and black or CF and blue/gold because Cal). I'm undecided on which spoiler color (CF or gloss black forstormtrooper look?) and style (M4 or M Perf or PSM) so I'm sticking w/stock for now.

My car arrived at the port of exit yesterday. I didn't have any port options added so hopefully it can leave the VDC soon. It may be better if it waits a bit since the main cross street of my house is in the midst of a slurry seal and is in the loose gravel phase. If my M440i does arrive sooner it will have to live at my parents' house until that road is finished.
You’re almost there!

Here’s the link —> https://www.shopbmwusa.com/product/11375/BMW-M-PERFORMANCE-FRONT-ATTACHMENT-IN-CARBON-FIBER
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 12:06 AM   #280
calbearz24
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that item is actually the front lip, not the grille. The "Only in combination with BMW M Performance Rear Spoiler" part is to supposedly "balance" the aero change caused by the front lip, but is really just a way for them to force you to buy both the $2400 lip and the $800 rear spoiler if you want one or the other.

The CF grill surround is something BMW has shown several times but isn't actually available to order anywhere that I've seen.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 09:49 AM   #281
ParanoidAndroid4
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that item is actually the front lip, not the grille. The "Only in combination with BMW M Performance Rear Spoiler" part is to supposedly "balance" the aero change caused by the front lip, but is really just a way for them to force you to buy both the $2400 lip and the $800 rear spoiler if you want one or the other.

The CF grill surround is something BMW has shown several times but isn't actually available to order anywhere that I've seen.
Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

To be honest, I’m not sure if I’ll change my trim. Carbon fiber is definitely still the best IMO, but I really like the factory aluminum rhombicle that I went with. Maybe I’ll switch it out down the road if the current trim gets beat up.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 11:36 AM   #282
gupt0014
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i Gran Coupe xDrive

Wheels help!

I need one you MY24 M440i GC experts to weigh in on the following matter: Do the 19” M Bi-Color Midnight Grey Aero wheels, style 860M have plastic inlays between spokes or are they made in solid alloy form? I’m seeing and hearing different things. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 09:48 PM   #283
calbearz24
Private
Rep

My M440i GC arrived at the dealership today and I'll pick it up on Saturday morning

Now hurriedly contacting different places recommended by friends about ceramic tint, PPF, and ceramic coating...
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 06:18 PM   #284
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupt0014 View Post
Wheels help!

I need one you MY24 M440i GC experts to weigh in on the following matter: Do the 19” M Bi-Color Midnight Grey Aero wheels, style 860M have plastic inlays between spokes or are they made in solid alloy form? I’m seeing and hearing different things. Thanks in advance.

Hey! I love my 860M’s, they’re simply gorgeous. There are tiny inserts that are indeed plastic, but they are thick and polished and you wouldn’t know the difference if you didn’t know. Just get them!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 06:20 PM   #285
Cos
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Love it! BMW just does the blues so well.
So I have had the car since Monday, I have had 3 people comment on the color when I have been out shopping or with friends. I was debating on going Black Saphire Metallic, which does look awsome btw, but very happy with my choice.

Loving the car so far
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 06:32 PM   #286
Cos
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post

Hey! I love my 860M’s, they’re simply gorgeous. There are tiny inserts that are indeed plastic, but they are thick and polished and you wouldn’t know the difference if you didn’t know. Just get them!
Taking a look at your car, a couple of things stood out to me:

1) Those rims look great IMO
2) The reflector in your front side seems to be missing (i.e. omited) as I see is the same as the body color, did you have to request that?
3) Not sure why by my dealer Omits the M logo off the side of my car.

Did you make special requests for the reflector and Logo?
Appreciate 0