Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum fair lease price for 330i?

06-06-2021, 03:57 PM   #1
chickennuggets
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i

fair lease price for 330i?

my lease is coming to an end, I was going to buy it out, but they aren't budging on the price so I think I might hop into another lease. What's a fair monthly price for a m sport 330i with no downpayment?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 04:12 PM   #2
Merami fan
めらみぽっぷ fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

The buyout cannot be negotiated. You agreed to the number when you signed the lease. It might be worth checking if you have positive equity with 3rd party buyers (Carvana, Carmax, Vroom, et al.). Sounds like a crazy idea for a BMW lease, but these are crazy times.

For a new lease, see what the broker offerings and signed deals in your region look like on leasehackr. https://forum.leasehackr.com/tag/bmw
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1w...1L3y6cmPEyGSoI
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 04:15 PM   #3
chickennuggets
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merami fan View Post
The buyout cannot be negotiated. You agreed to the number when you signed the lease. It might be worth checking if you have positive equity with 3rd party buyers (Carvana, Carmax, Vroom, et al.). Sounds like a crazy idea for a BMW lease, but these are crazy times.

For a new lease, see what the broker offerings and signed deals in your region look like on leasehackr. https://forum.leasehackr.com/tag/bmw
Fair enough, they've been calling me saying they could make a deal, then failed to make a deal lol, I was surprised because I thought the price was fixed by BMWFS.

At least Vettel got a podium, not the worst birthday
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 05:09 PM   #4
Merami fan
めらみぽっぷ fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickennuggets View Post
Fair enough, they've been calling me saying they could make a deal, then failed to make a deal lol, I was surprised because I thought the price was fixed by BMWFS.

At least Vettel got a podium, not the worst birthday
No Mercs on podium, good enough for me
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1w...1L3y6cmPEyGSoI
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2021, 05:34 PM   #5
chickennuggets
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merami fan View Post
No Mercs on podium, good enough for me
Same, wish Max had won, but what can you do? I'm also a big Vettel fan so it was nice, though I don't make any excuses for his terrible 2020 season.
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2021, 11:42 PM   #6
TheDudeMan
First Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 20' 330i & RX 350

You can absolutely negotiate the residual buyout - the dealer does this with BMWFS.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 08:01 PM   #7
chickennuggets
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeMan View Post
You can absolutely negotiate the residual buyout - the dealer does this with BMWFS.
they aren't currently. I was not super educated on lease ends (my first lease) so I have to eat a little crow not knowing what I'm doing.

I've contacted several dealers trying to lower my buy out and they won't.

The lease deals are all worse than my current one too. I'll figure something out though
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 09:36 PM   #8
PrezRoosevelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i Rwd

Iirc, BMW stopped doing any kind of deals for lease buy outs back in 2018. They might knock off $1k or so if you call bmwfs to negotiate a buy out but you are essentially paying the agreed upon price when you signed your lease. Even if your vehicle shit the can in terms of actual value, they weren't happy with customers essentially double dipping with good lease pricing AND good buyouts. So while the next guy to look at your car might get an exceptional deal to buy, you as the lessee are essentially left out to dry. It sucks as the lessee if you've grown attached to your car but BMW is a business and they want you to move to a new vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 10:26 PM   #9
TheDudeMan
First Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
they aren't currently. I was not super educated on lease ends (my first lease) so I have to eat a little crow not knowing what I'm doing.

I've contacted several dealers trying to lower my buy out and they won't.

The lease deals are all worse than my current one too. I'll figure something out though
Contact BMWFS and see what they say. The only reason they aren't negotiating is that they want the inventory due to the chip shortage and they have you bent over a barrel.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 11:19 PM   #10
chickennuggets
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeMan View Post
Contact BMWFS and see what they say. The only reason they aren't negotiating is that they want the inventory due to the chip shortage and they have you bent over a barrel.
They definitely want to get me into a scarcity mindset, but it's hard to jump since all the prices suck. they aren't world ending, but doesn't feel good to lease a less optioned car for more. a Tesla would be cheaper to lease. I'll call BMWFS in the morning and take a shot
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 11:27 PM   #11
chickennuggets
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrezRoosevelt View Post
Iirc, BMW stopped doing any kind of deals for lease buy outs back in 2018. They might knock off $1k or so if you call bmwfs to negotiate a buy out but you are essentially paying the agreed upon price when you signed your lease. Even if your vehicle shit the can in terms of actual value, they weren't happy with customers essentially double dipping with good lease pricing AND good buyouts. So while the next guy to look at your car might get an exceptional deal to buy, you as the lessee are essentially left out to dry. It sucks as the lessee if you've grown attached to your car but BMW is a business and they want you to move to a new vehicle.
for sure, makes sense
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 11:34 PM   #12
TheDudeMan
First Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
They definitely want to get me into a scarcity mindset, but it's hard to jump since all the prices suck. they aren't world ending, but doesn't feel good to lease a less optioned car for more. a Tesla would be cheaper to lease. I'll call BMWFS in the morning and take a shot
Try Genesis, G70. Sometimes competitors incentivize trade-ins of the competition. Plus with the used car market as crazy as it is, you may have some equity - try carvana.com as well.
Appreciate 0