Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Automodz.ca G22 Rear Spoiler

06-18-2021, 11:56 AM   #1
NoVaRob21
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M440Xi and X3 M40

Automodz.ca G22 Rear Spoiler

Just DIYed installation of a new lip spoiler on my G22 and was pretty pleased with the ease and results (I did have one screw up which was totally self inflicted, more on that in a few). Spoiler is from automodz.ca (LINK HERE) and it arrived in about 2 weeks. Quality seems pretty good and it definitely adds some more drama to the rear end. I am not going to lie that the stock spoiler was particularly underwhelming for these cars.

Name:  Spoiler-0087.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  147.5 KB
Name:  Spoiler-0089.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  146.4 KB

Youtube Instructions link here (couldnt get the embed code to work)--> LINK

I followed the instructions from the folks over at Kies and found the overall experience really pretty simple. The adhesive remover wheel was definitely a life saver, but a tip for using it: angle it so that you are using an edge and come at the residue from an angle. Flat on flat did not really do much.

My screw up came when actually installing the spoiler, I was stupid and pulled all the tape off right from the start and turns out that the Gorilla brand tape I used was strong as hell and stuck almost immediately even though I didnt have it lined up right. I was able to use the fishing line to get it off quickly enough but still more work. Second time, I followed the Kies advice on how to prep the tape and it worked like a charm.
Appreciate 0