Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos And that is why I won't drive a "P" car

Closed Thread

02-09-2017, 05:46 PM   #89
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
OK, great! That took just eight or nine posts to get to because ANGRY (and, I suspect, someone knows when he's been outed) ...

Next question: turn signal?

Oh, and you can call me angry all you want. I just generally don't mince words (That's usually called being direct). I also don't have patience for stereotypers, question dodgers, and hypocrites (Why the latter, you ask? Well, you sounded awfully ... well ...

... in the post that started this thread ... )

Keep hatin'. It's what makes the world go 'round, right? ::rolls eyes::

I will apologise - I SWEAR I answered it last night. I remember typing the post, and the at the end (after saying "because I was about to turn left") but on searching the thread - I cannot find it either. Bizarre.

No - did not have my turn signal on 200 yards before turning. Little excessive for me. But then, as also clearly stated - he was never in the left lane, and there were 2 other lanes to choose from.

I don't mince words either - I call a spade a spade. But seems everyone is determined to attack me for describing what someone else did - as if it was all my fault.

So I guess you're right. The problem was me, and he was just being a completely normal Porsche driver. And that's another reason why I would never want one - I don't ever want to be like him

But no - maybe you could point out to me in my original post where the was? All I can see is ? If you want to see look at the posts from the Porsche drivers where I've offended their sacred idol...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 06:17 PM   #90
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Left lane because you were going to "turn" but no turning signal. So he downshifted next to you, played some muffler music, and it got to you for some reason.

Do you get upset when people alternate merge in traffic into a space "in front" of you?
      02-09-2017, 06:19 PM   #91
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Assume all you like - that's all everyone else is doing. I've already answered the question, but apparently you don't want to read the thread, you just want to stick the knife in.
Quote:
People who can't read are even worse. At least in my book.
Quote:
He shoots.... he misses by a mile. Neither one of us changed lanes except me about 200 yards later when I put on my left indicator (yes - I know how to use it) and turned left from the left lane because that's what you do.
Quote:
This is hilarious. A bunch of really angry people attacking me for "judging" someone's actions that I saw in real life, but all those angry people are running around trying to judge me based on their imagination and projections of what they think or hope I was doing so they can justify their judgement.

I bet the irony is lost on most of them too
You really need to learn to multi-quote. It's amazing feature on the forums.
Quote:
There's probably 2 of them then, because 1/2 a mile later someone pulled up behind me at the lights in a Cayanne S. Being a true race car, he had to pull up about 18 inches left of me and about 6 inches from my bumper so I got a good mirrorful of the ugliest SUV ever built. I pulled away at normal pace not making any attempt to race, and as expected he swerves to the right lane, passes at full noise (I was driving with the windows down to enjoy the cool air here in Texas) and then swerves back in front of me.

I guess they showed me!
Also, it appears you were in the left lane twice? No wonder they buzzed passed you.
      02-09-2017, 06:25 PM   #92
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Hmmm - nope, I don't live in Salem. Weird
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 06:27 PM   #93
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Quote:
This is hilarious. A bunch of really angry people attacking me for "judging" someone's actions that I saw in real life, but all those angry people are running around trying to judge me based on their imagination and projections of what they think or hope I was doing so they can justify their judgement.

I bet the irony is lost on most of them too
Dude this is a forum. What do you expect? Anyone can say whatever they want on an open forum whether those things make sense or not in real life. No like then no post. Right?

Oh and btw, I am really butt hurt because I have been working my ass off toward one of these fine cars
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2017, 06:29 PM   #94
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Left lane because you were going to "turn" but no turning signal. So he downshifted next to you, played some muffler music, and it got to you for some reason.

Do you get upset when people alternate merge in traffic into a space "in front" of you?
Well, compared to the way you drive I'm a saint.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 06:30 PM   #95
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
You really need to learn to multi-quote. It's amazing feature on the forums.

Also, it appears you were in the left lane twice? No wonder they buzzed passed you.
You should learn to based responses on facts, not figments of your imagination. It's an amazing feature of being a decent human being.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 06:31 PM   #96
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post
Dude this is a forum. What do you expect? Anyone can say whatever they want on an open forum whether those things make sense or not in real life. No like then no post. Right?

Oh and btw, I am really butt hurt because I have been working my ass off toward one of these fine cars
Good for you. Just don't buy a well used bright yellow Boxter from someone in Austin - it sounds aweful!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 06:33 PM   #97
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You should learn to based responses on facts, not figments of your imagination. It's an amazing feature of being a decent human being.
Quote:
Good for you. Just don't buy a well used bright yellow Boxter from someone in Austin - it sounds aweful!
You forgot to multi-quote again...
And I never based any of my responses on figments of my imagination. I asked for facts before I came to any conclusion. I can't speak for everyone else though...
      02-09-2017, 06:45 PM   #98
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You forgot to multi-quote again...
And I never based any of my responses on figments of my imagination. I asked for facts before I came to any conclusion. I can't speak for everyone else though...
But your conclusions ARE figments of your imagination. Were you there? Did you see it happen? Do you know every fact?

No - so your conclusion is a figment of your imagination, and that's why your opinion isn't worth a knob of goat shit, even if you think it's gold.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 09:04 PM   #99
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Yep - seems to be a lot of butthurt Porsche drivers in here alright
Haha.....Yeah we're all sore from driving a proper sports car the way we want and not giving a damn about what you think.

Quote:
And that's another reason why I would never want one - I don't ever want to be like him
Well as I stated earlier......you are already like a bunch of hooligans and D'bags so I expect to see your car in the next FS thread. And please learn to multi-quote.......Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      02-09-2017, 09:11 PM   #100
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
And please learn to multi-quote.......Phil
No. I won't. Ever. And there's a good reason why...

When you multi-quote, some of the posters (if not all) that you quote don't get notified - I have noticed this when people have included quotes from my posts in multi-quotes.

So to repeat, no. Never.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 09:21 PM   #101
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No. I won't. Ever. And there's a good reason why...

When you multi-quote, some of the posters (if not all) that you quote don't get notified - I have noticed this when people have included quotes from my posts in multi-quotes.

So to repeat, no. Never.
Yeah ok......but when is the car going to the FS section? Or did you miss that part?........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 09:22 PM   #102
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah ok......but when is the car going to the FS section? Or did you miss that part?........Phil
All I saw was blah blah blah - sorry.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 09:27 PM   #103
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep

Time to lock this thread......OP has been found guilty of P-Car envy and is Full of S*** ......Phil
Appreciate 3
Viffermike1753.00
ShocknAwe3228.00
Red Bread4463.00
      02-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #104
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Time to lock this thread......OP has been found guilty of P-Car envy and is Full of S*** ......Phil
Oh please. I've never had P-Car envy. Over-hyped VWs have never excited me ever.

Seems your theory on car ownership is this:

1. Buy a BMW
2. Because you now have a BMW, drive like a cunt.
3. Because you now drive like a cunt, get a Porsche.

See, I don't buy that shit. I got a BMW, and still drive with courtesy and respect for others - it's called being human. You should try it some time.

But yes - close this thread before any more Porsche drivers get butthurt
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 09:42 PM   #105
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep

Nice cunt mobile......."Boy Bye"
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #106
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice cunt mobile......."Boy Bye"
Can I ask - is it simply the header where I said this is why I won't drive a P-Car? Or was there something in my original post that has got you so upset and angered? Or was it my continuing to defend myself against the tirade of angry attacks?

I find this quite frankly amazing and rather staggering - I posted a short description of what happened to me, and wondered (at the end of the original post) why the driver might have felt the need to drive that way.

I've been attacked left right and center, had people desperately searching for a reason to blame me and make his behavior my fault... why? Do people care that much?

I never said all Porsches sounded like shit - just that one. I actually agree with others - Porsche and Nissan 6 cylinder engines generally sound better than BMW, especially in the latter years - I think over the past 20 years BMW have muted the sound of their cars more and more, and then turbos don't help the exhaust note which they're just discovering now. But OMG - you'd think people had been butt-impaled with a hot poker - went off ranting and raving.

I expect online forums to have their quirky people, but holy shit... this place is un-fucking-believable...
Appreciate 1
swanson733.00
      02-09-2017, 09:59 PM   #107
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I wouldn't even drive a gt3rs someone give me one so I can prove it
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      02-09-2017, 10:01 PM   #108
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
But your conclusions ARE figments of your imagination. Were you there? Did you see it happen? Do you know every fact?

No - so your conclusion is a figment of your imagination, and that's why your opinion isn't worth a knob of goat shit, even if you think it's gold.
I never came to a conclusion. I kept asking questions, which you never really answered...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 10:03 PM   #109
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I never came to a conclusion. I kept asking questions, which you never really answered...
"Also, it appears you were in the left lane twice? No wonder they buzzed passed you."

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion... but that's a conclusion, from your post above
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 10:39 PM   #110
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can I ask - is it simply the header where I said this is why I won't drive a P-Car? Or was there something in my original post that has got you so upset and angered? Or was it my continuing to defend myself against the tirade of angry attacks?

I find this quite frankly amazing and rather staggering - I posted a short description of what happened to me, and wondered (at the end of the original post) why the driver might have felt the need to drive that way.

I've been attacked left right and center, had people desperately searching for a reason to blame me and make his behavior my fault... why? Do people care that much?

I never said all Porsches sounded like shit - just that one. I actually agree with others - Porsche and Nissan 6 cylinder engines generally sound better than BMW, especially in the latter years - I think over the past 20 years BMW have muted the sound of their cars more and more, and then turbos don't help the exhaust note which they're just discovering now. But OMG - you'd think people had been butt-impaled with a hot poker - went off ranting and raving.

I expect online forums to have their quirky people, but holy shit... this place is un-fucking-believable...
Last post since you asked a somewhat reasonable question. Your title would hold some weight but here's where it opens up like a strainer. You complain about a particular brand driver and state you would never buy that car because of the way said person was driving the car. Now stay with me on this part.......you drive a BMW and it's a known fact that the general populous believes BMW drivers are the biggest ass hats on the road. Yet you own one......you see where your statement is one big ball of contradiction. So people draw the conclusion that you have P-Car envy, or you are full of yourself. Now you can act like this is your first BMW and you didn't know the stigma associated with owning one. If it's the latter then I'm still waiting for you to start your FS thread. Last word.....if you buy a car based on the way you see people drive them, I hope Uber is large in Austin cause you'll be walking. And based on your title......you buy based on how you see it driven. Now, do you understand why people have launched a "Your thread makes no sense" campaign.....peace.........Phil
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread