Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M440i xdrive, X5, Acura MDX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
Just installed H&R front and rear bars.

As of now I can only say positives except for the rear bushings that my tech said did not fit and he used the oem ones after trimming them a bit. I also had the car aligned with these specs using camber plates.

Front Camber: -2.75
Front Toe: 0
Rear Camber: -1.5
Rear Total Toe: 0.30

I feel absolutely no loss of comfort and body motions from side to side seem greatly reduced and gives a feeling of stability when cornering. Car feels great and is way easier to drive than my M2 was, even if I was running similar alignment specs, I think the new G series geo and the longer wheelbase help a lot !

I have a track day coming this Friday and will be able to evaluate in a controlled environment going balls out.
Are you running coilovers and/or camber plates, adjustable arms, etc to get those camber and toes? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 10:38 PM   #112
PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryph8n View Post
Are you running coilovers and/or camber plates, adjustable arms, etc to get those camber and toes? Thanks
I was running M3 camber plates.
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2023, 12:04 PM   #113
Gryph8n
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M440i xdrive, X5, Acura MDX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantasticDad View Post
Out here in the central Texas hill country, fortunately, I get the chance for high-speed curves with up-and-down elevation change - fun driving...
My perception is that the front is very planted and doesn't really roll much at all, while the rear has more roll and wants to "wander" to the outside of the curve - not what I like. Based on that and the fact that it seems the H&R sway bars add 2mm thickness both front and rear, I was thinking that only upgrading the rears might achieve exactly the balance one would want. Planted and pleasant in the front and stop the "wandering" and roll on the rear. Not sure if others have the same evaluation...
By the way my set-up is 2023 M340i standard suspension with high-performance tires.
How much of the rear rolling and wandering outside of the curve has to do with the rear toe changing? In other words can this be corrected with adjustable rear toe links instead of a stiffer swaybar?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 12:28 AM   #114
RCKYMTN M34OI
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpowers36 View Post
Order placed. Figured I'd take a gamble and provide some feedback for the G20 community since there are not really any reviews.

Trying to decide if I want to install all 5 at once or one at a time with testing in between each.

This will also be a good way to determine if that front member strut engine brace will fit with the MST intake.
Just got caught up on this whole thread. Did you ever get/install the braces?
Appreciate 0