4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Coding Sport+ On G20 w/ Bimmercode

04-02-2020, 05:53 PM   #155
todd92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 ZHP, 19 X5 xDrive40i

Just coded in Sport+ and went for a drive. I have BM3 stage 1 93. It holds the trans a gear higher than Sport. just like Sport holds it a gear higher than Comfort. Revs are kept high enough that the turbos stay spooled up, eliminating what little lag there is. Shifts are banged off quicker, and downshifts have prominent rev matching. I was driving on one of our stellar 2 lanes, enjoying the revving and shifting through the gears on a short straight and looked down and was going 90.

I have some new names for Sport+

Lose License Mode
Terrible MPG Mode
Who Needs A 340 Mode

I'm now looking at catted DP's to go Stage 2. I will not do decatted, when I'm driving behind one it smells awful, 1970 flashback.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      04-02-2020, 09:28 PM   #156
Abelcano1
Rep
Drives: 2016 x1 28i xdrive

I coded the m menu things and now is showing, and also coded the comfort plus but now is showing gray out in the cluster and when i press comfort button it wont change to plus , i can change it with the idrive but cannot select it any idea why?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 10:03 PM   #157
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelcano1 View Post
I coded the m menu things and now is showing, and also coded the comfort plus but now is showing gray out in the cluster and when i press comfort button it wont change to plus , i can change it with the idrive but cannot select it any idea why?
You mean the “comfort” writing in the live cockpit is grey compared to say sport in which it looks white? That is normal. It’s the same in my car. Hit comfort button once for comfort and once more for comfort plus. Does it not work that way in your car?
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 12:28 AM   #158
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd92 View Post
Just coded in Sport+ and went for a drive. I have BM3 stage 1 93. It holds the trans a gear higher than Sport. just like Sport holds it a gear higher than Comfort. Revs are kept high enough that the turbos stay spooled up, eliminating what little lag there is. Shifts are banged off quicker, and downshifts have prominent rev matching. I was driving on one of our stellar 2 lanes, enjoying the revving and shifting through the gears on a short straight and looked down and was going 90.

I have some new names for Sport+

Lose License Mode
Terrible MPG Mode
Who Needs A 340 Mode

I'm now looking at catted DP's to go Stage 2. I will not do decatted, when I'm driving behind one it smells awful, 1970 flashback.
Congrats on BM3 stage 1. Crazy performance gains for real. It’s magic an inline 4 can make so much power, especially while stock with just an ECU flash. And the thing is you don’t feel like the engine can’t handle it. I’ve been running it for almost half a year now and no problems so far. Everything about the engine is healthy and in optimum condition. It is running smoothly with no hiccups with Stage 1. Now I’m on Stage 2 and I honestly don’t think much has changed for reliability. The downpipe helps relieve a lot of the pressure that was previously on the turbo.

Sport Plus is really what puts this all together in a very neat package. The car is really one of the better cars I’ve driven in terms of response and how quick and smooth it is. When you really WOT, it shows you why you spent $60k on this car. The response and the feel of the steering (even though it is electronic steering), paired alongside the ZF 8 speed transmission, feels amazing. Shifts are blazing quick and upshift cracks at redline. I can say I’m very satisfied with the performance of the B46 and how reliably the power is being delivered.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 12:35 AM   #159
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Because you coded off fes_aktiv instead you chose m_aktiv (or something like that) in M_DRIVE, that’s why comfort/sport/sport+ won’t work anymore on centre control. You have to switch it back or restore to an older backup for it to work again. Also don’t code in M menu (that goes for anyone attempting to do this right now unless they seriously know what they’re doing) right now, it’s not stable as it is. I’m just putting those codes out there for the people that are interested in finding a solution.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      04-03-2020, 07:51 PM   #160
Abelcano1
Rep
Drives: 2016 x1 28i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
You mean the “comfort” writing in the live cockpit is grey compared to say sport in which it looks white? That is normal. It’s the same in my car. Hit comfort button once for comfort and once more for comfort plus. Does it not work that way in your car?
Yes, is looks like that, but i dont see comfort plus selected on the cockpit
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 08:01 PM   #161
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I forgot that you mentioned coding the M cluster options. g20beam has posted why comfort isn’t visible.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 08:34 PM   #162
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
To code comfort plus in iDrive you need to go to HU_MGU and find the comfort setting and change that, I forget which specific line it is, pretty sure it’s somewhere in one of these pages on this thread.

To get comfort plus you also have to code PfFesMaster in BDC_BODY and find comfort plus and activate that.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 08:45 PM   #163
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
After lots of research I have decided to give up on M mode for now. As it is, there are too many codes in 3 different modules, and it’s too difficult to locate all the lines of codes that allow us to enable M mode. One little missing code may result in something to malfunction.

I can conclude that M setup isn’t needed in order to activate M mode. They are two different menus. Even if we activate M setup menu, our cars do not have the hardware (M1 and M2) buttons for it to work. But there is a chance that we can code in M mode, and somehow map a button to it, but we have to have all of the modules translated to find out what all the lines of codes are responsible for. Otherwise, we need someone with an M8 to help us find out what the default configuration for BDC, DKOMBI4, and HU_MGU are, if someone can give us that info, then we can simply replicate those default values on the M8 in order to enable it on the G20. The systems are the same. Just the coding is different. I give praise to the engineers and technicians over at BMW, they really hid this mode well in the code, it’s hard to find all the necessary lines to code to get M mode to show. I guess they really wanted to keep it exclusive to M cars and not have it figured out by the general public.

I was messing around in expert mode and I ended up coding the RPM limits for the M instrument cluster, but there’s no way to get the right limits because there is no RPM limits for b48 engine with M instrument cluster, so it is not physically codeable. You can get it to show redline limit at 7000-7500 RPM but not 6500-7000 RPM (which are the correct values). The line of code for that if anyone is interested is DZM_VARIANTE. I wouldn’t recommend it as of right now but if you want the RPM limit lines, that’s what you can do.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      04-03-2020, 08:59 PM   #164
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

I assumed that was so. I mean. If it was that easy, then there wouldn’t be any differentiation. But who knows. What if, in the future, someone installs an M/X3M steering wheel on their 330i and manages to code track mode in.
Also, I believe only the M competition cars have track mode? The normal M cars don’t seem to have it (from my limited knowledge/reading).
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 01:57 AM   #165
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
I assumed that was so. I mean. If it was that easy, then there wouldn’t be any differentiation. But who knows. What if, in the future, someone installs an M/X3M steering wheel on their 330i and manages to code track mode in.
Also, I believe only the M competition cars have track mode? The normal M cars don’t seem to have it (from my limited knowledge/reading).
The thing is, track mode is basically Sport+ but with a nicer instrument cluster. You don’t activate track mode with M1 or M2 button, it’s activated on the center control panel while holding down the M mode button. That triggers the M mode instrument cluster and also blacks out the iDrive display. In hindsight our layout of the center console is the same as the M8, with the difference of the naming on the buttons and the function, as well as the shifter knob. I thought maybe if I coded my car to m_aktiv instead of fes_aktiv in M_DRIVE, I can press Sport/Comfort to activate M mode, but it didn’t work and the buttons don’t work unless you are in fes_aktiv. I think I am missing a code somewhere that fully activates and tricks the car into thinking it is a M car. If I can gather all the necessary codes with translations, I can probably code it all and it would work. It’s difficult to translate everything when there’s so many expert mode codes, I have to find a way to translate them all.. it’s gonna be a lot of work even if it’s possible.

Easiest way is to get someone that has an M8 and get it hooked up to bimmercode and record a video of all the M settings in the different modules while in bimmercode. If we can see those values on a stock M8, then those values can be configured exactly the same way on the G20. That will definitely work, provided the M mode button is just a renamed Comfort/Sport button.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 08:04 AM   #166
Denis93
Russia
Rep
Drives: 2019 320d xDrive

Hello everyone!
Sorry if it was already mentioned.
Is it possible to properly (so it could be shown on iDrive where it should be) code comfort+ with bimmercode or it only can be done with e-sys?
Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #167
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis93 View Post
Hello everyone!
Sorry if it was already mentioned.
Is it possible to properly (so it could be shown on iDrive where it should be) code comfort+ with bimmercode or it only can be done with e-sys?
Thanks in advance!
It is. If you've coded it in the live cockpit, go to MGU module, expert coding, search for FES_COMFORT_PLUS and change it to aktiv. That brings up comfort plus on the idrive.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 04:27 PM   #168
sztmek
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 G20

Hi Everyone! I still need a Beta bimmercode on iOS to do coding this function? How can i get beta access? What is the email? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 08:20 PM   #169
Tanzanite G20
Tanzanite
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i xdrive G20

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sztmek View Post
Hi Everyone! I still need a Beta bimmercode on iOS to do coding this function? How can i get beta access? What is the email? Thanks in advance.
Just open up bummercode an go to settings ➡️support request ➡️submit support request. Then just let them know you want to be a beta tester. I heard back within a day or so you will also need to download "TestFlight" it's in the App Store free when you get the redeem code just enter it an unlock the beta version. You will also need to delete the bimmercode app. I deleted and did not lose any of my back-up files so your safe there.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 06:06 PM   #170
TheGrok
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330xi

anyone have any instructions on how to code this with ESYS? Sport+ and Comfort+? I don't have Bimmercode. thanks.
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2020, 04:10 AM   #171
MY86
Enlisted Member
Turkey
Rep
Drives: G30 520i G20 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrok View Post
anyone have any instructions on how to code this with ESYS? Sport+ and Comfort+? I don't have Bimmercode. thanks.
It should be under Body Domain Controller,

3221 Pffesmaster / Fessportworldmode --> enable Sport Expert

then to make it appear also on the ID 7

HU_MGU -> enable Sport Expert
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 07:35 AM   #172
TheGrok
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY86 View Post
It should be under Body Domain Controller,

3221 Pffesmaster / Fessportworldmode --> enable Sport Expert

then to make it appear also on the ID 7

HU_MGU -> enable Sport Expert
Thanks, got it working. I used jokinawa's shortcuts in esys and sport+, comfort+ were in there. Very easy. I am happy guy right now.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 05:52 PM   #173
Ventura24G20
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23 BMW G80 M3

Hey guys i need help, i followed all instructions on the first page and do not see Sport+ at all... Did i do something wrong or has there been a change in the steps? I didn't all the M logos perfectly but this is what i wanted most
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 08:42 PM   #174
Oniongc
Rep
Drives: 2019 g20

Has anyone figured out how to have the dash change colors when using the coded"m dash"
Also is there a way to have the speedometer not go so high?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 08:55 PM   #175
TheGrok
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventura24G20 View Post
Hey guys i need help, i followed all instructions on the first page and do not see Sport+ at all... Did i do something wrong or has there been a change in the steps? I didn't all the M logos perfectly but this is what i wanted most
Hi. You don't see sport plus in the instrument cluster or in the options in the iDrive menu? If you push the sport button twice does it say Sport Plus in the instrument cluster for the driving mode? I don't have Bimmercode, but if I remember when I did it in eSys, I had to code something else to get it to show up in the iDrive menu.

There is:

FES_SPORT_EXPERT in the HU_MGU module

FesSportWorldMode1 in the BDC_BODY3 module

I think the first enables the iDrive option and the second enables the actual driving mode.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 08:00 AM   #176
3some!
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW G82, BMW G21, BMW E91

Are there any news related to the track mode display tried by g20beam? This would be awesome!
Appreciate 0