Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

09-24-2020, 02:19 PM   #1
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

The 530hp i4 will be called i4 M?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Oh now I'm excited///

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/09/23/...car-confirmed/

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2020, 09:10 AM   #2
Avaley
Captain
Rep
Drives: f32 430ix & 982 GT4 PDK

Garage List
https://www.motortrend.com/news/bmw-...vision-report/

5000 lb Tesla Model 3 replacement anyone?

i'm excited that the Germans are taking electrification seriously, and I think there is a huge market opportunity for a BMW electric car (see tesla stock price vs BMW).

At launch, clearly the G8x will outperform it but its important to acknowledge that electric performance is innovating rapidly in terms of price, performance and practicality. How do you feel about BMW's push into a mass market electric sports car and how will it cannibalize G8x sales?

Last edited by Avaley; 09-25-2020 at 09:17 AM..
Appreciate 1
VetteGuy845.50
      09-25-2020, 11:42 AM   #3
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

I agree.

EV is going to eventually cannibalize ICE sports cars period. It’s inevitable and should be exciting with the right players getting involved. BMW is well positioned and I like how they intend to build EV and ICE on the same platforms and assembly lines.

It will be interesting to see how the i4 unfolds over the next couple years and how it assimilates into an EV stablemate to the M3 and M4. Until it replaces them which it will.

I just bought an M440iX which is at the port for shipment to the states. I suspect that it might be my last ICE vehicle (other than my 67 Corvette) and a primer to an i4 or other EV after I see how thing shake out over the next few years.
Appreciate 1
Avaley728.00
      09-25-2020, 01:01 PM   #4
Avaley
Captain
Rep
Drives: f32 430ix & 982 GT4 PDK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteGuy View Post
I agree.

EV is going to eventually cannibalize ICE sports cars period. It’s inevitable and should be exciting with the right players getting involved. BMW is well positioned and I like how they intend to build EV and ICE on the same platforms and assembly lines.

It will be interesting to see how the i4 unfolds over the next couple years and how it assimilates into an EV stablemate to the M3 and M4. Until it replaces them which it will.

I just bought an M440iX which is at the port for shipment to the states. I suspect that it might be my last ICE vehicle (other than my 67 Corvette) and a primer to an i4 or other EV after I see how thing shake out over the next few years.
You made such a good choice on the M440ix...that B58 engine is prob the best 3.0L turbo engine we've seen and will see for a while. After your standard warranty wears off, flash it with an ECU tune and you prob have a 11s 1/4 mile car.

As someone who likes teslas but think the germans can do it better, once range, battery materials, weight and cost all improve, we will eventually have no compromise sportscars but within the next 5 years, the optimum performance will come from a platform like a C8 Zora, twin turbo + hybrid electric combinations for performance and efficiency.

Sadly, our beloved ICU engine will die so i'm glad to see us BMW enthusiasts enjoying what may be the last of a generation
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 03:35 PM   #5
TheDudeMan
First Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 20' 330i & RX 350

Same, super excited.

I think it will definitely canabilize the ICE sports car. EV performance is the next step from the current Hybrid turbo power trains in Mclarin's and Ferrari's

Plus, range is not an issue in these cars as they are barely driven. Unless of course it's in an i4M.
Appreciate 0