Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications AFR not lean?

06-24-2023, 10:38 PM   #1
turnsignalslol
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 G87 M2

AFR not lean?

Here is a link to my datalog https://datazap.me/u/turnsignalslol/...log=0&data=1-4

This was on JB4 map 0 (no tune) with 93 octane fuel. I noticed that the AFR starts at around 15 then tapers down to ~12.8 at like 6k rpms. I'm assuming it the AFR tapers down because boost also seems to taper down after hitting a max at around 4k rpms.

From what I've heard, turbo/supercharged cars should have go towards 11.5-12afr so this seems pretty lean. I've also heard that DI (direct injection) cars are more precise with fuel so they can afford to run leaner than other forms of fuel injection (carburetors and port injection).

I'm making this post mainly because I just want to know more about how our engines work and how tuning works. I don't have this car anymore so I can't really answer too many in depth questions but feel free to chip in. Thanks!

Past: 2022 330i RWD
2020 M2 Competition DCT
Appreciate 0