Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications MHD Stage 2 E85 Map quick review

02-13-2024, 02:58 PM   #1
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

MHD Stage 2 E85 Map quick review

Hello Everyone. Hope all is doing well and safe on the roads.

My first week with MHD Stage 2 E40 was a bliss.
A newfound power that is so different from JB4.

After the week was over and it was time for re-fill I went ahead and filled up the tank with E85.
I had 1.5 gal (ish) of 91 gas but I put 15 gal of E85 so I am pretty high on the E content.

Here is my quick take on that.
First of all, it was SMOOTH.
I am not saying that E40 was rough or anything like that, but I immediately noticed the extra smoothness on the idle and getting about.
I could definitely say it seems smoother than E40 map.

I was not lacking any power on E85.
Just today I had a female driver (who was a jerk) cut right in front of me, causing me to go around her and get out of dodge.
The car responded beautifully, and I had a lot of power on accelerating on a FWY.
Put a smile on my face.

I do want to say that the E40 map felt more powerful up top. With the E40 map, I was breaking traction on 45 mph roll unto fwy speeds. With the E85, I have yet to break traction but it could be that I happened to use less throttle.
But I could tell you that E40 map has that extra bite. Not a huge difference between to two though.

When I say E85 also feels very powerful, I mean no dyno but (of course, the butt dyno ) something that I can definitely feel and tell.

$ for $ E85 map gives me all the additional power I need, and I can put gas in for $2.49 a gal near me instead of $5+.
So a slight decrease in top end power does not at all bother me.

The multi map is great.
Flash the 4 map you want (divided by stages) and no need to re flash ever. Just press the control stalk (left) for a few sec and car will let you know which map you are on by indication of RPM.
So 1k rpm is map 1, 2k is map 2, and so on and so on.
Mine is on 91/93/E40/E85 for now.
I am planning to do 93/95/E40/E85 later on, as I probably never will run 91 again.

Since my car is three years old now, the Car has been flushed with some Chevron fuel system cleaner just prior in order to ensure clean system.

Hope that was helpful for those who are contemplating MHD.
Appreciate 1
seccsc239.00