Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Any indication BMWNA will break apart packages and offer more individual options?

06-09-2019, 12:44 PM   #1
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Any indication BMWNA will break apart packages and offer more individual options?

Curious is there any reason to believe / rumors going around etc..that at some point some packages will be broken apart in favor of individual options for ordering purposes?

As an example laser lights without executive or HK without premium?
Appreciate 1
Jbrock22221.50
      06-09-2019, 02:43 PM   #2
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Package contents and individual option selection is certain to change over the life of the car. However, predicting how or when is not generally possible. Tweaks will be made to maximize transaction prices based on what options are most popular. They no doubt perform complex statistical analysis to come up with new groupings of features and price points. The addition of new content and technology introduced each year also plays into the equation.

Just making coarse grained SWAGs based on recent practice, I somewhat doubt laser lights will be decoupled from a package. An individual HK option seems more likely. Either way, I wouldn’t wait around too long hoping to get the exact configuration you want. And keep in mind, there has been occurrences of MSRP for one configuration going up due to simplification and rebundling, while for others it goes down.
Appreciate 2
xlover2191.00
chenry2346.00
      06-09-2019, 02:56 PM   #3
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Package contents and individual option selection is certain to change over the life of the car. However, predicting how or when is not generally possible. Tweaks will be made to maximize transaction prices based on what options are most popular. They no doubt perform complex statistical analysis to come up with new groupings of features and price points. The addition of new content and technology introduced each year also plays into the equation.

Just making coarse grained SWAGs based on recent practice, I somewhat doubt laser lights will be decoupled from a package. An individual HK option seems more likely. Either way, I wouldn’t wait around too long hoping to get the exact configuration you want. And keep in mind, there has been occurrences of MSRP for one configuration going up due to simplification and rebundling, while for others it goes down.
Thanks for that
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 03:25 PM   #4
Jbrock22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2pw

Garage List
BMW   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Curious is there any reason to believe / rumors going around etc..that at some point some packages will be broken apart in favor of individual options for ordering purposes?

As an example laser lights without executive or HK without premium?
The only content of the Executive package that is a must for me is the auto high beams. Really bothers me that this feature is not standard and I need to pay $2100 to get a $ 180.00 option( Euro cost).
Appreciate 0