06-29-2023, 05:28 PM   #1
G20InMontreal
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Unhappy Floor & Seat Vibration

Hello all,

I am having a very annoying vibration in the floorboard and the seats of my G20. I have 2 sets. Winter wheels+tires and Summer wheels+tires.

My summer tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, staggered setup, on OEM wheels. I have 225/40/19 in the front and 255/35/19 in the back.
After getting the whole car checked by BMW, they confirmed that brakes, bushing, driveshaft and everything mechanics related seemed to be OK. We then tried my winter kit (18 inches, squared setup), there was no vibration whatsoever, which obviously rules out a defect in the car.

They have checked the wheels for anything that could be bent or cracked, all rear wheels passed A1 and 1 wheel in the front right seems to be very slightly bent, not enough to cause vibration - PS, I have no vibration in the steering wheel. They did not suggest me getting it fixed as that is not the root cause. Tires were also properly balanced, and car is aligned.

My rear tires thread is at 3/32, so obviously it must be changed, ASAP. The front tires were replaced last month, so they are still new. Here is my question - what could it be? Can the tires themselves be causing this vibration? They were road-force balanced and vibration was still occurring. Please let me know, it is driving me completely insane.

Thanks SM!!

M
330i xDrive
Appreciate 0