Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Russian Military Aggression Against US Military Ships/Planes

06-10-2019, 06:29 AM   #45
Ivan Ivanov
First Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: X1, X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Putin is doing the reverse of this though in Russia to help him maintain his image/control over you and your fellow Russians.
So I do not argue with you - it is useless. There is only one correct point of view - this is your point of view. What does not correspond to your point of view - is wrong.
Such are the simple rules of democracy ))

* sarcasm mode off *
Appreciate 2
Nuckle207.50
glennQNYC4673.00

06-10-2019, 07:11 AM   #46
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M4 CS, 16 F150, 19 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Ivanov View Post
So I do not argue with you - it is useless. There is only one correct point of view - this is your point of view. What does not correspond to your point of view - is wrong.
Such are the simple rules of democracy ))

* sarcasm mode off *
If you have something to actually say then say it. I and I'm sure others are interested in what it is.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #47
adc100
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

I almost never agree with Minn19. But in this case he is 100% correct. I am 73 and have been a history buff all my life.

Putin is in the mold of Stalin. He would kill 20 million like stalin if he could but he can't. He can't bully any other countries much except for his-shit-for brains little "games" with planes and boats. He knows his limits. But if he miscalculates he is sol.. You have a second rate Air Force and basically no navy. Putin knows that.

Gorbie was your salvation but the old guard in stalin re revived.

You should read up on stalin ("Stalin" by R. Conquest) and also "Freedom from Fear" by David Kennedy . Also you might want to read "Barbarosa" by A. Clarke
shows the heroism of the russians and the appalling loss of life of brave Russian People and Soldiers..partly bc of Stalin's ineptness and him killing off good generals earlier in a massive fck-up. Stalin said at the time, "Lenin set it up for us and "We" have fucked it all up.

So just believe what you want.. I suspect putin is probably popular bc he talks about making Russia powerful again. I suppose If I lived there I would probably support him, live a hard life and at least survive.
Appreciate 0