Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Anyone ordered m440i gran coupe?

11-05-2021, 07:19 AM   #23
drseuss19
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 x3, 2021 M340i, 2022 M440

Mine just reached the Oxnard. Now I wait for the RAM stop sale to be completed that they said was not necessary a month ago. They’re finally starting to arrive.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 08:16 PM   #24
AIedm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 m340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWALLO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sight22 View Post
Brooklyn Grey everything but laser lights I think. Still sitting at production scheduled status.
Our Brooklyn M440 GC just got here looks sick!
That looks so good. Congratulations
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 05:27 PM   #25
SeanX7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 xDrive 50i

Anyone not get touchscreen or back up assistant? My sister just placed her order last week and they said 5 week delivery. Wondering if she will get the touchscreen and Backup assistant.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 05:49 AM   #26
AIedm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 m340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanX7 View Post
Anyone not get touchscreen or back up assistant? My sister just placed her order last week and they said 5 week delivery. Wondering if she will get the touchscreen and Backup assistant.
I got the call yesterday saying I'm not getting touchscreen. Idk what to do this is a joke. They expect me to pay 65k for this car and not fit it with a standard feature? And only tell me after two months? This is a joke of a company. I think I'm gonna cancel the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 09:19 AM   #27
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIedm3 View Post
I got the call yesterday saying I'm not getting touchscreen. Idk what to do this is a joke. They expect me to pay 65k for this car and not fit it with a standard feature? And only tell me after two months? This is a joke of a company. I think I'm gonna cancel the car.
You realize there is a global computer chip and supply chain problem, right? It affects all manufacturers.

Domestic car makers are shipping cars with downgrades too. If you can't live without a touchscreen then cancel the order.
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2021, 10:47 AM   #28
madpistol
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIedm3 View Post
You will get credited for the lack of a touchscreen. However, if it's an issue, go ahead and cancel your order. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that would love to have that car, with or without a touchscreen.

Also, all car manufacturers are having these issues, not just BMW, so don't expect to go to Audi, Mercedes, or any other manufacturer and expect to get better treatment.

As Mason explained, there's a global chip shortage crisis. It's either options get left out, or you don't get a car.

Also, look on the bright side... some people didn't get power seats in their $65k car. Which would you rather lose, power seats, or a touch screen?
Appreciate 1