Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Technology Plus Pack - Restricted items

10-29-2021, 02:04 PM   #1
Spudette644
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i Touring

Technology Plus Pack - Restricted items

Newbie member here and hoping someone can help.

Ordered a 320i Touring back in May and added the Technology Plus Pack. Not long taken delivery of the car and we’ve noticed the Driver Assistant Professional Pack, Hardon Kardon Sound System and Enhanced Wireless Charger is missing. We’ve approached the dealership who have said they knew nothing of the restricted items although one of their sales guys said they knew about it back in June!!

Is there anyone who has ordered this pack and was advised by their dealer that these items were restricted and ideally when this was.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 01:11 PM   #2
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Hi Spudette644, I cant say how long this info has been out there as I only ordered myself back in August but yes there are restrictions on what can be ordered on certain models now and even what is being delivered despite what has been ordered. I am UK based myself and some of the restrictions may be region specific.

My understanding is that Enhanced Bluetooth was removed from 3 series some time ago together with the wireless charger.
Harmon Kardon may only be available on M Performance and full M Models although that may even be questionable now.
Not sure about the Driver Assistant Pack though.

There are a number of threads on here about this and some on the local UK forum too.

The issue to me is that the dealership should have informed you before it went into build rather than you finding out after delivery.
Hopefully you get to the bottom of this and have not been charged for all of the missing options. I believe the tech pack for instance has reduced in cost due to the items that were removed so you should at least be paying less for the car.

I am waiting for my own to go into build and am dreading the "i've got good news and bad news" call from my salesman when the time comes.

Hope you are enjoying the new car though, despite all of this.

Currently driving G21 M340i Touring
Previous F40 M135i and F31 335d Touring
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 02:26 PM   #3
Spudette644
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i Touring

Thank you for your reply.

We finally got to the bottom of the issue and found out the items were deleted at the beginning of June, the dealer was aware of this and failed to tell us!!! The Driver Assistant Professional Pack was the very thing my husband particularly wanted so we decided to reject the car.

I hope everything goes well with the build on your car and you get all the options you wanted. Hopefully if the spec does change you will get a call from your dealer!!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 03:41 PM   #4
DerekS
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudette644 View Post
Thank you for your reply.

We finally got to the bottom of the issue and found out the items were deleted at the beginning of June, the dealer was aware of this and failed to tell us!!! The Driver Assistant Professional Pack was the very thing my husband particularly wanted so we decided to reject the car.

I hope everything goes well with the build on your car and you get all the options you wanted. Hopefully if the spec does change you will get a call from your dealer!!
What a pity that the Touring you ordered months ago was denied the Driver Assistant Pro Pack (or for Canada production, Advanced Driver Assistance Package) and HK Sound. Both are still available for M340ix, but not for less expensive models.
      11-10-2021, 03:22 AM   #5
user1811
Private
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudette644 View Post
This is a must have for me too. Back in June the dealer said that if I specified it, I might have to wait for a year or more.

I haven't placed an order yet and by the look of things it won't happen in 2021...
Appreciate 0