Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Demo M340i Xdrive

11-10-2021, 07:16 PM   #1
ahashmi
Rep
Drives: 2016 Ford Mustang GT

Demo M340i Xdrive

Hello,
I am in the market for a used M340i and my budget is around $50k. Not many used cars in the market in that budget. I recently came across the demo on which the MSRP is $61,500 and the dealer quoted me $55k. The car currently has 7k miles. Color is Portimao Blue.

Do you guys think if that is a good deal or I should wait until something better comes around. Maybe the market cools down in a couple/few months? Help please

All suggestions welcome. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 05:50 AM   #2
P_Leotardo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i Xdrive

I definitely wouldn’t buy a demo or a loaner of the m340i. I don’t know fire sure honestly but I can imagine e that people would beat them up for the day.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 12:18 PM   #3
DerekS
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 M Sport

Demo M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahashmi View Post
Hello,
I am in the market for a used M340i and my budget is around $50k. Not many used cars in the market in that budget. I recently came across the demo on which the MSRP is $61,500 and the dealer quoted me $55k. The car currently has 7k miles. Color is Portimao Blue.

Do you guys think if that is a good deal or I should wait until something better comes around. Maybe the market cools down in a couple/few months? Help please

Suggest that you ask for the list of options on this demo. Does it have Premium package, adaptive suspension, and/or laser lights ? Sensatec or Leather upholstery ? Also, ask who has been the primary driver ? Is the mileage mostly highway, or urban ? Condition of the car is very important ! Any dents, scratches, or collision repairs ?

Since the dealer is starting off by offering you a 10% discount, you might be able to negotiate a slightly larger discount, maybe 12%.

Keep in mind that IF you placed an order today for a MY2022 M340ix, it would have less equipment : no Touch screen or Power Trunk !

Good luck !
      11-11-2021, 09:31 PM   #4
BMR_CK
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahashmi View Post
Hello,

Value is really how you perceive it. If it has the options you like then what it’s worth is somewhat up to you considering how over valued used cars are right now.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 10:05 PM   #5
Bc2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

It really depends on whether the car is what you want. $61,500 MSRP is not a heavily optioned M340i, but it may have exactly what you want. If it was a true dealer demonstrator vehicle car (used by a sales manager, etc.) it was probably well taken care of. Even a dealer loaner vehicle should be fine, although it will have had many drivers who may have done dumb things with it.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 10:34 PM   #6
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

If it's what you want and you believe the price is fair given the current used car market I would buy it. I personally would have no issues with previous drivers - the car is under warranty and is well able to take a beating and come back asking for more (don't ask me how I know)

But yes - given time the values will come down - we are getting close to seeing the first batch of M340's come off their 3 year leases and returned to dealers so that will help a bit as well | but you can't time things 100% just like the stock market - so if you pull the trigger sit back and enjoy the smile the car puts on your face daily regardless of what the market does

Ps- I don't like a lot of options on my cars, and would in fact spec cloth seats if we could here in the US
Appreciate 0