Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum BMW delete front passenger side support

05-19-2021, 09:31 PM   #45
BMWsurge
BMWSurge
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i, VW Golf R

I checked my late April order due to this thread and got confirmation of the same seat features being deleted. Definitely disappointing, but decided to keep the order. Too excited to get back to BMW and passenger seat just not enough of a deal breaker to me. Could be wrong, but don’t think chip shortage will resolve itself until end of year at earliest.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 01:24 PM   #46
BMW2021X5MSPORT
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG20 View Post
Sorry to hear you're having issues. Feels like I’m in the same boat though.
I picked up my ‘21 - 330i with the black leather with blue stitching and for me the back of the seat feels like the foam is pushing up against my back, even with the lumbar support fully deflated. The upper and mid of the backing doesn’t feel like it has that much foam but the lower of the back is really noticeable.

I’m thinking about taking it to a car upholstery place to see what they can do with the foam inside to make it more comfortable. It’s just odd because the passengers seat feels completely different compared to the drivers.

If you find any other tips to help. Please let me know 👍
I have the exact same issue with the driver side. Passenger side is okay. I have had the car for one year and have been unable to get comfortable in the driver's seat. Its annoying and a deal breaker. It is so uncomfortable that I am thinking of selling the car. Can you please let me know if you had any luck?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 01:33 PM   #47
BMW2021X5MSPORT
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG20 View Post
Sorry to hear you're having issues. Feels like I’m in the same boat though.
I picked up my ‘21 - 330i with the black leather with blue stitching and for me the back of the seat feels like the foam is pushing up against my back, even with the lumbar support fully deflated. The upper and mid of the backing doesn’t feel like it has that much foam but the lower of the back is really noticeable.

I’m thinking about taking it to a car upholstery place to see what they can do with the foam inside to make it more comfortable. It’s just odd because the passengers seat feels completely different compared to the drivers.

If you find any other tips to help. Please let me know 👍
I have the exact same issue. I have had the car for one year and have been unable to get comfortable in the driver seat. It annoying and a deal breaker. It is so uncomfortable that I am thinking of selling the car. Can you please let me know if you had any luck?

I have the exact same issue with the driver seat. Passenger seat is okay. Have you had any luck fixing the problem?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 10:19 AM   #48
Connietpa
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW x3 sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio Luv View Post
Absolutely and I'm still feeling totally bumped too, albeit with the understanding of the worldwide semi conductor shortage sage. But for BMW to simply not bother to do future retrofit at their dealers' level nor even advising customers like us who's been waiting with bated breath since our order went in. In my case, order for an M440i Cabriolet went in Feb 5. Didn't get a Prod # till 2 weeks later. Then when pressed, the dealer came back with a scheduled Week 16 Prod.
When I found out from following this forum that features and options are being deleted and shipped without even advising nor asking if we want to proceed with productions with missing options, I approached the dealer once again. Only to be told this time that Production for my order has been delayed now to Week 18!! Frustrated I asked if any options are being deleted on my build. Dealer don't know. They sent an email to BMW Canada to inquire. Confirmed the next day that both the Lumbar and Side bolster width adjustments for my passenger side will be deleted. Again, no offer of compensation nor whether they should proceed with the order. I find this attitude or stance by BMW to be rather high-handed.

I ended up cancelling the order for the Cabriolet. But I still wanted an M440i for the wonderful B58 powertrain and iDrive7 techs. The dealer happened to have a fully loaded Tanzanite Blue on Oyster M440iCoupe in stock and wasn't affected by any of the chip shortage issues when it was built in Jan or Feb. I just took delivery of it few days ago. Never been happier.
I had the same problem when building an X3. When they told me about the passenger lumbar not being available anymore, I told them I had to think about it and would come back the next day. I did go back and they were getting ready to put a fully loaded Tanzanite Blue on Oyster X3 on the showroom floor. I didn't even let them put the sticker in the vehicle's window, I bought it and love it! This is my first BMW and as someone who likes to feel the road when I drive, they don't call the BMW a performance vehicle for nothing! AND - the 21" tires made a bigger difference than I thought they would!

These shortages are awful and hope are resolved fairly quickly. When I have my mind set on something, it's hard for me to then give it up.

On the bright side for me, the shortages also include the availability of used vehicles...so I was able to sell my used 2016 Toyota Rav4 Limited to a reseller for $28,6000! I was and am stunned that I was able to get that much for a 5-year old car!
Appreciate 0