Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Reduction of prices for packs in parts shortage?

09-14-2021, 11:56 AM   #1
tyranniux
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Reduction of prices for packs in parts shortage?

So I've placed my order which includes the comfort plus pack in the uk which is priced at 1950 however as many others are also finding I have had the passenger lumbar and width adjustment deleted aswell as the digital key. Should bmw not be reducing the price of the packs to account?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 12:17 PM   #2
mhannis
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
Here in the US we are seeing a credit back for those options on the window sticker.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 09:05 AM   #3
GRB60
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i X-Drive Convertible

In the US, the adjustments are as follows:

Deletion of BMW digital key $80
Remove front passenger width adjustment $100
Lumbar support removal $175
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 04:17 PM   #4
brianapa
Rep
Drives: Landrover Evoque

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranniux View Post
So I've placed my order which includes the comfort plus pack in the uk which is priced at 1950 however as many others are also finding I have had the passenger lumbar and width adjustment deleted aswell as the digital key. Should bmw not be reducing the price of the packs to account?
They have. The tech pack plus for the M340i is £3650. However when you click it in the configurator, the price only goes up by £3450, so they have knocked £200 for lack of wireless charging and enhanced bluetooth. The comfort pack plus goes from £1950 down to £1880 when you click on it, so a reduction of £70 for passenger lumbar support.

Bri
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 01:30 PM   #5
tyranniux
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianapa View Post
They have. The tech pack plus for the M340i is £3650. However when you click it in the configurator, the price only goes up by £3450, so they have knocked £200 for lack of wireless charging and enhanced bluetooth. The comfort pack plus goes from £1950 down to £1880 when you click on it, so a reduction of £70 for passenger lumbar support.

Bri
The reduction to 1880 is a mistake, hence why I'm actually querying it. I assumed on my original order that 1880 for the comfort plus package was a small but welcome reduction due to the removal of certain features however have been advised by my dealer that its an error on the system, thus a 70 charge has been added to make it up, just wondered if anyone else in the uk has had similar.

I did query it with my dealer and explained that its a bit ripe BMW charging full price for the pack whe certain features, which are actually available are being removed.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 09:03 AM   #6
siwatkins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i XDrive Coupe (G22)

Did you get anywhere with this? I’ve been charged full price for comfort plus despite the delete for my newly ordered M440i. Dealer was open about it - he said BMW have reduced the Tech plus ive ordered because of the wireless charging delete, but not the comfort plus pack.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 01:13 PM   #7
tyranniux
Second Lieutenant
Rep

No I havent questioned it further yet but will bring it up come paperwork signing time, I dont want a requote so I'm going to see if I can push for a free service or similar
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 01:44 PM   #8
siwatkins
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranniux View Post
No I havent questioned it further yet but will bring it up come paperwork signing time, I dont want a requote so I'm going to see if I can push for a free service or similar
I think this is something BMW UK ought to be addressing rather than at dealer level - seems unreasonable that the UK market is not being credited for the omissions vs other markets. But you might be more likely to get joy from your supplying dealer who may have some wriggle room. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 03:24 AM   #9
siwatkins
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I sent an enquiry to BMW UK on this apparent discrepancy - no reduction on the Comfort Plus pack, in spite of the deletions.

I received the following:

Good morning Simon

Thanks for your email regarding Comfort Access on your new M440i - congratulations on your order!

For packages that have deleted options, there has been a price decrease from the package. It is displayed at the decreased price at the time of ordering.

I hope that this has been useful to you but if I could be of any further assistance, please get back in touch.

Kind regards

etc

I've written back to say that doesn't appear to be true of the Comfort Plus pack, but is true of the Technology Plus pack. BMW Park Lane explicitly told me the Comfort Plus pack wasn't reduced as well.

Will update what I get back!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 01:35 PM   #10
tyranniux
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by siwatkins View Post
I sent an enquiry to BMW UK on this apparent discrepancy - no reduction on the Comfort Plus pack, in spite of the deletions.

I received the following:

Good morning Simon

Thanks for your email regarding Comfort Access on your new M440i - congratulations on your order!

For packages that have deleted options, there has been a price decrease from the package. It is displayed at the decreased price at the time of ordering.

I hope that this has been useful to you but if I could be of any further assistance, please get back in touch.

Kind regards

etc

I've written back to say that doesn't appear to be true of the Comfort Plus pack, but is true of the Technology Plus pack. BMW Park Lane explicitly told me the Comfort Plus pack wasn't reduced as well.

Will update what I get back!

Please do!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 01:49 PM   #11
siwatkins
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Silence as yet!
Appreciate 0