Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum BMW delete front passenger side support

05-01-2021, 12:13 AM   #23
Cabrio Luv
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M440i Cabriolet - on orde

There are 2 different components to this issue of passenger seat option deletion.
- Lumbar Support
- Bolster or Width
both are independently and electronically adjustable to inflate or deflate internal seat 'bladders'.
Was told these are and / or for deletion depending on ordered vehicle type and specs. On my order, they confirmed Both adjustments are deleted.
2021 - M440i RWD Cabriolet (cancelled order) Dravit Grey on Cognac
2021 - M440i xDrive Coupe TB/Oyster
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 08:31 AM   #24
twssas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340xi, 2018 X5, 2014 Z4

Just picked up our M340 yesterday, knowing in advance that the passenger seat side bolster and lumbar adjustments had been deleted. We chose weeks ago to go ahead and accept the delivery as is. Wife is primary driver, and she frankly has never adjusted side bolsters, or lumbar, and I have rarely used that adjustment feature.

I have sat in the seat for a limited 30 minute ride across town, and personally find it very comfortable. For us, it will be a non issue, but of course, everyones experience and expectations may be different.

All other functions of the passenger seat operate electronically. Front/rear adjustment, tilt (will almost go into lie flat mode), and heigth adjustment. And of course, both the front passenger seat and the drivers seat look identical, if anyone was wondering about that.

Anyway, just our experience.
Appreciate 1
50M105.00
      05-01-2021, 09:13 AM   #25
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarZen View Post
This happened on my build as well (on a 430xi). Just to confirm - this is simply the electronic adjustable lumbar support?

My build took 3 weeks to get allocated and then when it did - there was a "different" M-Sport package which was basically the same with the exception of lumbar support. It was a couple hundred bucks cheaper. I would have preferred to have it but isn't a total deal breaker for me.

I'm just glad I was able to get the HK Radio - not having that would have been a no-go for me.

It should be the lumbar support (there will be none) and the width adjustment for the seat.
Attached Images

05-01-2021, 10:03 AM   #26
ST23
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7 40i

Submitted order on 4/28 can confirm these were removed once my order was accepted. Not a deal breaker, seats in general will be a step up in comfort from my ‘19 STI.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 12:20 PM   #27
dchar
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C300

I wish BMW just removed the width adjustment and not the lumbar support. Lumbar support can make a huge difference on comfort. Kinda hard to explain to people why a $60K+ car doesn't have passenger seat lumbar support, not even manual lumbar either. BMW should've just left the seat the way they are (with the inflatable bladders) and have dealers install the chip/modules when they become available.

Unless they can give me more discount, I'll be putting off my order…maybe wait for MY2022 since production starts in a few months. Hopefully the chip shortage situation improves by then. If not, maybe BMW will re-organize what they remove from cars, maybe even de-content lower end models like the non-M performance models or 2-series/X1/X2.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 12:25 PM   #28
Redturtle
Rep
Drives: Audi RS3, Volvo xc40, bmw m340

Confirmed with my dealer (uk) that both had been removed from my order.

He had no idea and had to go away for a day to check the order with some other department.

It's a shame that such a premium vehicle has had these removed.

My wife hadn't been able to sit in the passenger seat of my RS3 since the baby seat went in the back. Now she gets a seat. But it's lacking the premium features she's come to expect.

This shortage is rather rubbish, I still see many can't get PS5's.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 01:03 PM   #29
Cabrio Luv
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M440i Cabriolet - on orde

Precisely the very reason I cancelled my factory order for a G23. Before doing so, I asked the very same questions you guys just did.
- to confirm if it's Both adjustable components gone on my build or just the Bolster Width. They confirmed that they're both gone. Lumbar on the passenger side is what the wife needs, not a want. Bolster delete is acceptable but...
- whether the factory had considered shipping the car with those inflatable bladders but retrofitable at dealers level once chips comes available again.

They obviously don't give a F***, leaving this unanswered. It's a "take it or leave it" stance they've adopted, which I'm sure is justifiable to them in view of the increased demand and sales volumes they're experiencing this year. Oh well...
enjoying and breaking in my G22 which is complete in all aspects. Happy wife...
2021 - M440i RWD Cabriolet (cancelled order) Dravit Grey on Cognac
2021 - M440i xDrive Coupe TB/Oyster
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #30
NthKent
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Years ago car manufacturers actually used to shape seats more properly with lumbar support (albeit built in so not adjustable). Old VW / Audi seats from the Eighties had very pronounced lumbar curves and thus comfortably shaped seats. So many seats now (Audi, Mercedes and BMW included) have absolutely no proper support for the lower back actually built into the foam padding and are thus agonisingly uncomfortable for people like me with lower back (facet joint) problems. I would not be able to drive a car for more than about 30 minutes unless it has considerable lumbar support. I have to have my electric lumbar support out fully on my M340i and even then, I find my back aching and me wanting even more pronounced support.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2021, 03:34 AM   #31
TG20
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NthKent View Post
Years ago car manufacturers actually used to shape seats more properly with lumbar support (albeit built in so not adjustable). Old VW / Audi seats from the Eighties had very pronounced lumbar curves and thus comfortably shaped seats. So many seats now (Audi, Mercedes and BMW included) have absolutely no proper support for the lower back actually built into the foam padding and are thus agonisingly uncomfortable for people like me with lower back (facet joint) problems. I would not be able to drive a car for more than about 30 minutes unless it has considerable lumbar support. I have to have my electric lumbar support out fully on my M340i and even then, I find my back aching and me wanting even more pronounced support.

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Feels like I’m in the same boat though.
I picked up my ‘21 - 330i with the black leather with blue stitching and for me the back of the seat feels like the foam is pushing up against my back, even with the lumbar support fully deflated. The upper and mid of the backing doesn’t feel like it has that much foam but the lower of the back is really noticeable.

I’m thinking about taking it to a car upholstery place to see what they can do with the foam inside to make it more comfortable. It’s just odd because the passengers seat feels completely different compared to the drivers.

If you find any other tips to help. Please let me know 👍
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 04:55 AM   #32
NthKent
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG20 View Post
Sorry to hear you're having issues. Feels like I’m in the same boat though.
I picked up my ‘21 - 330i with the black leather with blue stitching and for me the back of the seat feels like the foam is pushing up against my back, even with the lumbar support fully deflated. The upper and mid of the backing doesn’t feel like it has that much foam but the lower of the back is really noticeable.

I’m thinking about taking it to a car upholstery place to see what they can do with the foam inside to make it more comfortable. It’s just odd because the passengers seat feels completely different compared to the drivers.

If you find any other tips to help. Please let me know 👍
I think you may have misunderstood… when I say I have to have the my M340i’s electric lumbar support fully “out”, I mean it must be fully pumped up (outwards) to provide enough support for my back. The issue is that years ago car seats did at least have a proper shape with some lumbar support. Now, manufacturers produce agonising flat seat backs that only become tolerable if the add on option of lumbar support is added. How people survive sitting in modern car seats if they don’t have the extra cost option added is beyond me. I often arch my back out even more than the shape provided by the electric lumbar support wishing the seat would have even more pronounced support…
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 03:51 PM   #33
seezur
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

In addition to the passenger lumbar support delete, there's another code on my build, "32X blocked", which after repeatedly asking over the course of three days I was informed is "smart opener delete".

I'm still waiting to hear what the SA has to say about this before going through with the build.

This will probably be my last BMW. I understand this is a global issue, but their response to this is so bad. They should be promising to rectify these issues when parts are back in supply.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 04:04 PM   #34
MattEcho
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by seezur View Post
In addition to the passenger lumbar support delete, there's another code on my build, "32X blocked", which after repeatedly asking over the course of three days I was informed is "smart opener delete".

I'm still waiting to hear what the SA has to say about this before going through with the build.

This will probably be my last BMW. I understand this is a global issue, but their response to this is so bad. They should be promising to rectify these issues when parts are back in supply.
I saw that on my VIR. I couldn't find anything on that code in the ordering guide, so I just ignored it. What is a smart opener?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 06:20 PM   #35
TG20
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NthKent View Post
I think you may have misunderstood… when I say I have to have the my M340i’s electric lumbar support fully “out”, I mean it must be fully pumped up (outwards) to provide enough support for my back. The issue is that years ago car seats did at least have a proper shape with some lumbar support. Now, manufacturers produce agonising flat seat backs that only become tolerable if the add on option of lumbar support is added. How people survive sitting in modern car seats if they don’t have the extra cost option added is beyond me. I often arch my back out even more than the shape provided by the electric lumbar support wishing the seat would have even more pronounced support…
Oooh. Gotcha thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 10:06 PM   #36
seezur
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEcho View Post
I saw that on my VIR. I couldn't find anything on that code in the ordering guide, so I just ignored it. What is a smart opener?
It's the kick open for trunk.
Appreciate 2
      05-03-2021, 11:28 PM   #37
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
I would rather wait for the part to be on the car. It would suck but I would wait for the right stuff to be on the car I ordered
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 10:51 AM   #38
seezur
Rep

Canceled my order today. It was a tough choice because I got about 9.6% off MSRP all in and the 0.9% finance rate is great, but between BMW’s response and my dealer quite literally lying and hoping I’d overlook it, I can’t go through with it. I’ll just wait until the shortage is fixed in a year and look at what Merc has to offer or the new RS3. The new 2 series will probably be good, but this is making me want to switch brands. Anyways, good luck to everyone else.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2021, 06:23 AM   #39
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 4 Series

Quote:
Canceled my order today. It was a tough choice because I got about 9.6% off MSRP all in and the 0.9% finance rate is great, but between BMW's response and my dealer quite literally lying and hoping I'd overlook it, I can't go through with it. I'll just wait until the shortage is fixed in a year and look at what Merc has to offer or the new RS3. The new 2 series will probably be good, but this is making me want to switch brands. Anyways, good luck to everyone else.
What is the savings of the kick trunk delete? I'd quicker want a kick trunk delete than the lumbar.... I don't think I've ever kicked my trunk open once on any of the cars I've had that has has it equipped. Maybe once, but I looked like an idiot for 5 minutes kicking air until I found the spot. Lmao.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 05:42 AM   #40
seezur
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj6211 View Post
What is the savings of the kick trunk delete? I'd quicker want a kick trunk delete than the lumbar.... I don't think I've ever kicked my trunk open once on any of the cars I've had that has has it equipped. Maybe once, but I looked like an idiot for 5 minutes kicking air until I found the spot. Lmao.
They offered no savings for kick delete.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 08:06 AM   #41
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 4 Series

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj6211 View Post
They offered no savings for kick delete.
Yeah to me that's a slap in the face. That changes my opinion of not having it. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 05:20 AM   #42
Portimao Blues
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twssas View Post
I checked the standard features, and it doesnt show deleted in "my garage". But the vehicle inquiry report my CA sent me shows deleted for both the front passenger width adjustment and the front passenger lumbar support.

Active Protection
Alarm System
Ambient Lighting
Auto-dimming mirrors
CarPlay / Android Auto Compat.
Comfort Access keyless entry
Connected Package Pro
ConnectedDrive Services
Daytime driving lights
Decoding for no-dazzle hgh bm
Dual Zone Auto Climate Control
Enhanced USB & Bluetooth
Increased top speed limiter
Live Cockpit Pro (incl. Navi)
Lumbar support
Oak matte finish wood trim
Power Front Seats
SensaTec Dashboard
SiriusXM Radio w/ 1 year sub.
Space-saver spare
Storage package
Tire pressure monitor
Universal garage-door opener
WiFi Hotspot with comp 3 M
Seeing this post made me check my order! I ordered a Portimao/Cognac M340i xDrive on 4/9. I checked the status of my build online and see that it is in the "Quality Check" stage. I also reviewed the list of options and standard features and noticed that the following items are missing:

- ZEB Enhanced USB & Bluetooth
- 5AP Decoding for no-dazzle high beam assistance
- 6WD Wi-Fi Hotspot w/complimentary 3-month or 3GB

I wasn't sure if these three features are associated with a package or option that I chose not to add to my car?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. The only things my CA told me were removed from my build were the side bolster and lumber support adjustments for the front passenger seat.
2021 M340i xDrive Sedan | Portimao Blue Metallic | Cognac Vernasca Leather | Maple Matte Finish Wood Trim | 19-Inch 792M Wheels | Red Brake Calipers | Premium Package | Driving Assistance Package | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman/Kardon Surround Sound | Painted Rear Spoiler (Z50)
2014 335i xDrive Sedan | M-Sport | Estoril Blue Metallic | Venetian Beige Leather (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 11:50 AM   #43
PrezRoosevelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i Rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril Blues View Post
Seeing this post made me check my order! I ordered a Portimao/Cognac M340i xDrive on 4/9. I checked the status of my build online and see that it is in the "Quality Check" stage. I also reviewed the list of options and standard features and noticed that the following items are missing:

- ZEB Enhanced USB & Bluetooth
- 5AP Decoding for no-dazzle high beam assistance
- 6WD Wi-Fi Hotspot w/complimentary 3-month or 3GB

I wasn't sure if these three features are associated with a package or option that I chose not to add to my car?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. The only things my CA told me were removed from my build were the side bolster and lumber support adjustments for the front passenger seat.
Iirc the enhance Bluetooth/usb and wifi Hotspot were packages included with the wireless charger option.($500). You may want to discuss with your CA about either getting further discounts on the car or something extra.

No dazzle decoding is basically for the executive package (laser lights). I believe it's when your high beams turn off one side if they detect cars incoming instead of both. You can code that one back in but don't expect the dealers to do it.
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2021, 12:57 PM   #44
Portimao Blues
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrezRoosevelt View Post
Iirc the enhance Bluetooth/usb and wifi Hotspot were packages included with the wireless charger option.($500). You may want to discuss with your CA about either getting further discounts on the car or something extra.

No dazzle decoding is basically for the executive package (laser lights). I believe it's when your high beams turn off one side if they detect cars incoming instead of both. You can code that one back in but don't expect the dealers to do it.
Thank you for this information - very helpful! I did NOT order the Executive Package or the Wireless Charging/Hot Spots, so that answers my question. I am all set!
2021 M340i xDrive Sedan | Portimao Blue Metallic | Cognac Vernasca Leather | Maple Matte Finish Wood Trim | 19-Inch 792M Wheels | Red Brake Calipers | Premium Package | Driving Assistance Package | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman/Kardon Surround Sound | Painted Rear Spoiler (Z50)
2014 335i xDrive Sedan | M-Sport | Estoril Blue Metallic | Venetian Beige Leather (Sold)
Appreciate 0