Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Ordered but now feeling unenthused :(

06-23-2021, 04:10 AM   #1
Mincher183
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330e MSport xDrive

Ordered but now feeling unenthused :(

Hi folks.

New member here!

Ordered a 330e on 14th June via NHS Fleet leasing and told approx 16 week lead time.

Options are -
Portimao Blue
Black Leather with Blue Contrast Stitching
Blue Calipers
Aluminium Tetragon interior
MSport
Tech Pack
Pro Pack
xDrive

Obviously having read through the forums I'm expecting that the Tech pack is not going to include the HK sound system and the wireless charging so I'm a little upset about that, especially considering I'm going to be waiting until about October for it according to current timescales.

I'm wondering if they'll even contact me about it given it's a lease ordered from/by NHS Fleet. If they do I've a mind to ask them to include something else like parking assistance pro, or the comfort pro pack (though I'm aware I'll probably get told where to go).

Been looking forward to it for such a long time (and still have a long time to wait) but now I feel a little unenthused by the fact I picked the car how I want it, and that's not how it's going to arrive.

Does anyone know if/how I can track the build once I have more information. The latest update from NHS Fleet is that they are still waiting for an anticipated delivery date.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 04:15 AM   #2
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincher183 View Post
Hi folks.

New member here!

Ordered a 330e on 14th June via NHS Fleet leasing and told approx 16 week lead time.

Options are -
Portimao Blue
Blue Calipers
MSport
Tech Pack
Pro Pack
xDrive

Obviously having read through the forums I'm expecting that the Tech pack is not going to include the HK sound system and the wireless charging so I'm a little upset about that, especially considering I'm going to be waiting until about October for it according to current timescales.

I'm wondering if they'll even contact me about it given it's a lease ordered from/by NHS Fleet. If they do I've a mind to ask them to include something else like parking assistance pro, or the comfort pro pack (though I'm aware I'll probably get told where to go).

Been looking forward to it for such a long time (and still have a long time to wait) but now I feel a little unenthused by the fact I picked the car how I want it, and that's not how it's going to arrive.

Does anyone know if/how I can track the build once I have more information. The latest update from NHS Fleet is that they are still waiting for an anticipated delivery date.

Thanks in advance.
I can't help with your build tracking but I can add that I wouldn't worry about the lack of HK. I have HK in mine through the tech pack but to be honest, whilst it's great, I could live without it. The wireless charging though is massively handy but it could be something you could live without.

It all depends what you're willing to sacrifice. I sacrificed memory seats this time round for the HUD instead, I do miss memory but glad I got the HUD.
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2021, 04:19 AM   #3
Mincher183
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharepointalex View Post
I can't help with your build tracking but I can add that I wouldn't worry about the lack of HK. I have HK in mine through the tech pack but to be honest, whilst it's great, I could live without it. The wireless charging though is massively handy but it could be something you could live without.

It all depends what you're willing to sacrifice. I sacrificed memory seats this time round for the HUD instead, I do miss memory but glad I got the HUD.
Thanks for the insight. I can probably live without the Wireless Charging, I think my main issue with it is the lease quote (salary sacrifice) was including all of those things, and it's unlikely to have them, and you can guarantee they're not going to make it much cheaper, if at all. So it would be nice to have something in it's place like the all around cameras, drive recorder or something, you know?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 04:21 AM   #4
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Mineral White

Quote:
Hi folks.

New member here!

Options are -
Portimao Blue
Blue Calipers
MSport
Tech Pack
Pro Pack
xDrive

Thanks in advance.
Once you have an order number, just go onto the BMW website and look for the Genius contact - online texting is quick and they will give you a build status. There are many links on the forum to a list of status codes; here is one:

UK Order Status Codes

1100 Scheduled
1200 Scheduled for Production
5000 Confirmed for Production
5050 Chassis Number Allocated
5055 Confirmed by Production Control

5100 Bodyshop Start
5190 Bodyshop Complete
5200 Paintshop Start
5260/5270 Paintshop Complete
5300 Pre-Assembly Start
5400 Assembly Start
5500 Assembly Complete

6000 Transfer to Distribution
8200 Released to Carrier
9000 Departed Plant
9605 Pre EU port of exit.
9610/20/30/40/50/60 In Transit
9615/35/45 In Storage
9620 At sea
9630 Port of Entry
9650 Awaiting Dispatch to Dealer
9660 Dispatched to BMW Dealership
9800 Arrived Dealer

Mine is currently 9630 and so not too long to go - I hope.
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2021, 04:24 AM   #5
Mincher183
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFats View Post
Once you have an order number, just go onto the BMW website and look for the Genius contact - online texting is quick and they will give you a build status. There are many links on the forum to a list of status codes; here is one:

UK Order Status Codes

1100 Scheduled

5100 Bodyshop Start
5190 Bodyshop Complete
5200 Paintshop Start
5300 Pre-Assembly Start
5400 Assembly Start
5500 Assembly Complete

8200 Released to Carrier
9000 Departed Plant
9615/35/45 In Storage
9620 At sea
9630 Port of Entry
9800 Arrived Dealer

Awesome, thanks for that. I wonder if i'll actually be able to get the order number from NHS Fleet. If I understand their process correctly they have a number of leasing companies they work with, one of those will have placed an order with a dealer. So no idea if i'll be able to get hold of an order number or not but i'll give them a ring and ask.

Good luck with yours!! Hopefully be here soon

Last edited by Mincher183; 06-23-2021 at 04:25 AM.. Reason: add
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 04:27 AM   #6
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep

The order number is sometimes called the production number and so either of those will do. It is clearly marked on the front electronic order form and will be available to whichever dealer placed the order. You would have thought that the lease company will have a copy of that.
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2021, 04:27 AM   #7
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

I'm afraid you are going to be in for a long wait as it is unlikely you'll get a confirmed delivery date for a few weeks yet.

There are many of us on this forum waiting on vehicles, I ordered mine 12 weeks ago and only just had confirmation from the factory that it is finally starting build! I have convinced myself that it'll be worth the wait and hope you will too.
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 04:43 AM   #8
Mincher183
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makefish View Post
I'm afraid you are going to be in for a long wait as it is unlikely you'll get a confirmed delivery date for a few weeks yet.

There are many of us on this forum waiting on vehicles, I ordered mine 12 weeks ago and only just had confirmation from the factory that it is finally starting build! I have convinced myself that it'll be worth the wait and hope you will too.
Yeah that's annoying! Thing is it should've been ordered in January, but because of a fixed term contract ending and changing to a permanent one in May, they wouldn't approve the order until the permanent one began. Silly politics really but yeah, they delayed me months, which means i'm going to wait even more months now
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 04:43 AM   #9
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makefish View Post

I agree that there are many bad stories posted but equally there are better ones, likely not reported as people don't want to crow. I ordered my car on 14th April, received a production number 10 days later and it is sitting at Southampton now. I am not crowing, just stating that there are better news stories out there and so don't give up trying. A lot depends upon dealer's allocations. If you can get a current month allocation, you will get better news. If you go for a later allocation for months ahead, yes it is unlikely that you will hear much. Best of luck to all.
Appreciate 2
      06-23-2021, 05:00 AM   #10
a.summers86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 MSport Pro

I understand your concerns around missing options. I would have the same mindset that it would taint my excitement of the car.

Having the tech pack in mine I do not think I would want the car without HK sound. I have not heard a stock systems but for me its more the visual improvement the HK system has over the stock i.e the nicer looking speaker grills and logos.

The wireless charging is nice but not something I use a great deal due to how hot iPhones get when you leave it charging for a long period. Nice to have though if you need a quick top up of power to the phone.
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2021, 06:06 AM   #11
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

I'd be peeved about the HK because it's much better than standard, but I think I've used the Wireless Charging twice in 18 months and on one of those occasions the phone moved and never actually charged. Now, on the rare occasion when I need to charge, I just plug it into the USB-C port in the armrest, at least I know it's charging and it's no less convenient than using the charging tray.
I was the same with Android Auto, couldn't wait to get the update for it, when I did, tried it and never went back to it as the integration of Android Auto and the iDrive is poor, especially the HUD on the Navs so I'd rather use the iDrive for everything.
It's awful having to wait, we're now a society who wants everything tomorrow, I'm exactly the same, when I decide I want something, I want it now, not in a few days or in a cars case a few months, I hate waiting!
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 06:09 AM   #12
Mincher183
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_C View Post
I'd be peeved about the HK because it's much better than standard, but I think I've used the Wireless Charging twice in 18 months and on one of those occasions the phone moved and never actually charged. Now, on the rare occasion when I need to charge, I just plug it into the USB-C port in the armrest, at least I know it's charging and it's no less convenient than using the charging tray.
I was the same with Android Auto, couldn't wait to get the update for it, when I did, tried it and never went back to it as the integration of Android Auto and the iDrive is poor, especially the HUD on the Navs so I'd rather use the iDrive for everything.
It's awful having to wait, we're now a society who wants everything tomorrow, I'm exactly the same, when I decide I want something, I want it now, not in a few days or in a cars case a few months, I hate waiting!
You'd think a company like BMW would allow me to take the car and then when parts allow, take it to the dealer to retrofit the HK system.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 07:41 AM   #13
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i MSport

Quote:
You'd think a company like BMW would allow me to take the car and then when parts allow, take it to the dealer to retrofit the HK system.
A lot of interior trim removal to fit HK speaker and amps etc.
Labour costs in dealerships ££££.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 07:48 AM   #14
Mincher183
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isow View Post
Quote:
A lot of interior trim removal to fit HK speaker and amps etc.
Labour costs in dealerships ££££.
I get that. But it's work not being done now.. if that makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 08:07 AM   #15
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i MSport

Quote:
I get that. But it's work not being done now.. if that makes sense.
I see your point, but far less work on production line than retro fitting
speakers, etc.
I would be disappointed as well.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2021, 05:47 AM   #16
Adeyo
Private
Rep
Drives: i4 e40 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFats View Post

UK Order Status Codes

1100 Scheduled

5100 Bodyshop Start
5190 Bodyshop Complete
5200 Paintshop Start
5300 Pre-Assembly Start
5400 Assembly Start
5500 Assembly Complete

8200 Released to Carrier
9000 Departed Plant
9615/35/45 In Storage
9620 At sea
9630 Port of Entry
9800 Arrived Dealer

Sorry is this like a chat functionality or?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 05:53 AM   #17
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeyo View Post
Sorry is this like a chat functionality or?
Ignore the last two lines, it was part of chat RAFats and I were having!
The list of codes for build status is correct!😁
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 07:45 AM   #18
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Build codes I've been given to date have been three digits based on the following:

0 Order deleted by BMW
17 Order not specified
37 Order is at BMW NA
87 Production Week Assigned
97 Order sent to AG
100 Order deleted by AG
101 Error in data transmitted
102 Special Order (no Prod Week)
105 Order out of Prod. Period
111 Order Accepted at AG
112 Order scheduled for Production. Up to this point you can usually make changes to your order. Once it goes into the next status, 150, the vehicle is already on the assembly line and cannot be changed.
150 Production Started
151 Body Shop Started
152 Paint Shop Started
153 Assembly Started
155 Production Completed
160 Released to Distribution
168 AG Stock
170 Waiting Workshop
172 Planned for Workshop
174 Workshop Entry
176 Workshop Complete
180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 Schedule for Carrier
190 In transit to port of exit
191 Returned to BMW AG
193 Arrived at Port of Exit
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Shipped from Port of Exit
196 Shipment Arrival
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 07:52 AM   #19
Adeyo
Private
Rep

Ok how do these codes work, do they text/email you them or do you have to go in and ask each time?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 08:24 AM   #20
Adeyo
Private
Rep

Ok so mines at The status is currently at Scheduled(1100).

For week 47?!?!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 08:25 AM   #21
Mincher183
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeyo View Post
Ok so mines at The status is currently at Scheduled(1100).

For week 47?!?!
Oh wow. What did you order? And when?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 08:28 AM   #22
Adeyo
Private
Rep

I ordered same as you pretty much but the MSport Pro edition.

Packs:
Tech plus
Comfort plus
Visibility

It's been back and forth since April, but I believe they put the "latest" order in last week...
Appreciate 0