Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Long Term Reliability on F39 (X2) XDrive28i Powertrain??

09-05-2021, 08:37 PM   #1
jvivlemore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

Question Long Term Reliability on F39 (X2) XDrive28i Powertrain??

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I'm currently at 74K on my 2018 X2 (F39). It's outside of warranty and while I'm only experiencing one minor issue right now that I'm hoping an ECU reprogram fixes on my next service visit haven't had any real issues. That issue is basically an idle that if I put the car into gear within 5-10 seconds of starting the car will rev up and down and lack power and then potentially stall. Other than that while driving I will sometimes feel the power cut in and out when accelerating slowly. Hoping an ECU reprogram will fix that. I see that it has for some with the rough idle issue.

My Question -- Does anyone have any information on the long-term reliability for this engine? Is there a certain number of miles where I should look at trading the car in before I get too because it's prone to issues starting at that point OR is it extremely reliable and I'll be fine with another 40K or so with just routine maintenance.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0