Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions G26 2022 4 Series Gran Coupe Orders/Deliveries Post Your Pics/Delivery Status Here!!!

10-15-2021, 09:55 AM   #89
Enkur
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Those are some nice seats... how do you order those on our BMW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMartinez View Post
I know you're all excited for your M440i's so I wanted to share these pictures I came across earlier today of a G26 Brooklyn Grey non Shadowline.
      10-15-2021, 10:00 AM   #90
MMartinez
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkur View Post

Quote:
I know you're all excited for your M440i's so I wanted to share these pictures I came across earlier today of a G26 Brooklyn Grey non Shadowline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkur View Post

Quote:
Those are definitely the Black Contrast stitching Vernasca leather seats. Now, I think these are the European spec because the design are a but different than what we get here in the U.S. also unfortunately we don't get that M440i Logo on the seats here in the U.S.
      10-16-2021, 10:23 AM   #91
yb2299
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M440i

Update: I called BMW Genius yesterday my vehicle M440 GC onboard on a Vehicles Carrier vessel OLYMPIAN HIGHWAY. Left Bremerhaven on the 15th currently docked in Southampton UK. ETA BALTIMORE on the 25th of October. They also suggest me to contact my sales rep in one week time to get the status on the sales stop due to a sound module that needs to be installed before it delivers to the customer.
Appreciate 1
leotorr25.50
      10-16-2021, 04:25 PM   #92
leotorr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i Xdrive GC

UPDATE: I found out that my M440 GC has a stop sale, receiver audio module (RAM). Not what I wanted to see or hear but I must accept it. Hopefully not a long wait to get it installed. The vehicle still in transit and should be arriving to Baltimore VPC on the 22nd of October.

If your car is in transit from exit port you can input the VIN and find out if there is a defect with the vehicle in the link below.

https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app

Last edited by leotorr; 10-16-2021 at 04:47 PM..
Appreciate 2
      10-16-2021, 11:18 PM   #93
yb2299
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi leotorr,
I appreciate your info and the link you posted to check on the missing sound module that needs to be addressed to the customer. As a matter of fact, my sales rep pretty much showed me their internal memo at his office. Hopefully they would address the issue at the port of discharge. Thanks again & Kudos to leotorr for sharing this valuable information to the Bimmer family

Ps. While I am posting this message OLYMPIAN HIGHWAY
US Baltimore ETA: 2021-10-25 20:00 LT (8 PM ET)
Appreciate 1
leotorr25.50
      10-17-2021, 10:03 AM   #94
yb2299
Enlisted Member
Rep

Re: BMW Recall Info Tool, I think this info might help to those of you affected by Sales Stop due to the Audio Module

BMW Recall Info Tool
Results for VIN
Recall Type Defect Code Defect Code Description Reservation Date VIN Status Reservation Dealer Customer Notification Error Flag Error Message
no recall 0065480300 Retrofitting the receiver audio module Open N
Try different VIN
• This tool uses BMW GROUP API, which means that data comes from global database. Tool by itself is not official, so that that data can be outdated or not complete. If you have questions about your car, please contact BMW Genius at 1.844.4GENIUS (443-6487) or your local dealer.
• Recall Type can have a value of no recall, which usually means that this is enhancement (thanks to the great chip shortages) when a car is not yet delivered to the customer.
• VIN Status can be open which means that issue is not yet resolved or closed for fixed items.
• Code Descriptions was removed from API recently, but I'm trying to map known defect codes to descriptions. If you don't see a description for specific code but know what it is, please submit the issue on GitHub, and I will add it to the tool.
Source code of the tool on GitHub: https://github.com/Alex-Bond/bmw-recall-tool
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 04:59 PM   #95
sfbimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Monaco Blue Manual

Just found out from my dealer that BMW has deleted power seats from the first batch of all 4-series Gran Coupe models coming to USA.

This was a surprise find for the dealership and they are just informing bunch of their customers waiting for 430/440 Gran Coupes.

ZDC Deletion of Power seats -995.00

My vehicle is almost at the destination port. BMW seems to have sneaked this in. I still can't see this deletion noted in the "Track My BMW". But the dealer can now see it in the invoice.

If you have a 430/440 GC order please check with your dealership.
Appreciate 3
      10-19-2021, 11:38 PM   #96
Ajaxxn
Jax
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Gran Coupe xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbimmer View Post
Just found out from my dealer that BMW has deleted power seats from the first batch of all 4-series Gran Coupe models coming to USA.

This was a surprise find for the dealership and they are just informing bunch of their customers waiting for 430/440 Gran Coupes.

ZDC Deletion of Power seats -995.00

My vehicle is almost at the destination port. BMW seems to have sneaked this in. I still can't see this deletion noted in the "Track My BMW". But the dealer can now see it in the invoice.

If you have a 430/440 GC order please check with your dealership.
What is the date range of the first batch of orders?…Anyone know? I want to see if I'm affected…I ordered my M440i GC in mid-August.

If my GC is affect I will not be taking delivery…Not having a BMW without power seats.
      10-20-2021, 11:12 AM   #97
sfbimmer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxxn View Post
What is the date range of the first batch of orders?…Anyone know? I want to see if I'm affected…I ordered my M440i GC in mid-August.

If my GC is affect I will not be taking delivery…Not having a BMW without power seats.
Hi Ajaxxn,
I think our GCs were in the same build batch (original build week 36-37) Can you please call the dealer and ask them to check the invoice for ZDC credit of $995?

Others on this thread please check and report back here or on the dedicated thread for ZDC I started yesterday.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 02:21 PM   #98
Ajaxxn
Jax
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Gran Coupe xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxxn View Post

Hi Ajaxxn,
I think our GCs were in the same build batch (original build week 36-37) Can you please call the dealer and ask them to check the invoice for ZDC credit of $995?

Others on this thread please check and report back here or on the dedicated thread for ZDC I started yesterday.
Thanks
Yes there is a credit of $995 on the invoice for power seat deletion
      10-20-2021, 03:51 PM   #99
yb2299
Enlisted Member
Rep

I spoke with my sales rep, unfortunately mine affected as well by the power seat deletion for $995 credit to the invoice
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 06:14 PM   #100
docsybim
Rep
Drives: bmw m440i

Hey guys. New to the thread. I also ordered the m440i GC back in early August. I spoke with my rep and he reviewed my invoice and he did not see a credit for the power seats. He suggested it may have something to do with the origin of the allocations.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 12:36 AM   #101
MMartinez
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsybim View Post
Hey guys. New to the thread. I also ordered the m440i GC back in early August. I spoke with my rep and he reviewed my invoice and he did not see a credit for the power seats. He suggested it may have something to do with the origin of the allocations.
It must be. Mine is currently on a ship and the invoice shows no power seat deletion. Only thing I am not receiving is the Drive Recorder as part of the Parking Assistance Package. So it discounted $100.
      10-21-2021, 08:54 AM   #102
sfbimmer
Private
Rep

Quote:
It must be. Mine is currently on a ship and the invoice shows no power seat deletion. Only thing I am not receiving is the Drive Recorder as part of the Parking Assistance Package. So it discounted $100.
MMartinez & docsybim,
Can you please give details on your original build week & car specs?
My dealer think that the first wave of builds were affected but they are not sure. Mine was build week 36 or 37.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 10:26 AM   #103
MMartinez
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
MMartinez & docsybim,
Can you please give details on your original build week & car specs?
My dealer think that the first wave of builds were affected but they are not sure. Mine was build week 36 or 37.
Mine was production week 38. As far as specs, its shadowline, Brooklyn Grey, 19in 859M wheels, Mocha Vernasca, open pore trim, Premium Package, Parking Assist Package, Drivers Assistance Pro package, ventilated seats, laser lights, Harman Kardon sound system, & red calipers.
      10-21-2021, 01:18 PM   #104
docsybim
Rep

Interesting. My week was 38 as well.

Specs:

Premium package
Driver assistance pro package
Parking assistance package
Shadowline package

Added Options:

19" M wheels style 859M bicolo
Adaptive M Suspension
Front ventilated seats
Harman Kardon surround sound
Icon Adaptive LED w/Laserlight
SensaTec Dashboard

Seats are black vernasca
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 01:32 PM   #105
pontiac2bmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: '89 Pontiac GTA

Quote:
Interesting. My week was 38 as well.

Specs:

Premium package
Driver assistance pro package
Parking assistance package
Shadowline package

Added Options:

19" M wheels style 859M bicolo
Adaptive M Suspension
Front ventilated seats
Harman Kardon surround sound
Icon Adaptive LED w/Laserlight
SensaTec Dashboard

Seats are black vernasca
Alright boys, everyone before week 38, cancel your orders/don't accept the vehicle. Reorder at different dealership... its bound to be after week 38.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 01:36 PM   #106
docsybim
Rep

MMartinez

Looks like we have similar builds outside of color (blue tanz met) and I didn’t get a reimbursement on the drive recorder. The only option I couldn’t get at the time my order was submitted was the trim. I had to settle for the aluminum w/mesh.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 01:42 PM   #107
docsybim
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac2bmw View Post
Alright boys, everyone before week 38, cancel your orders/don't accept the vehicle. Reorder at different dealership... its bound to be after week 38.
Wow this makes no sense unless they were hoping the parts for the seats would arrive during production.

Pontiac2bmw- what seats did you get?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 04:19 PM   #108
MMartinez
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
MMartinez

Looks like we have similar builds outside of color (blue tanz met) and I didn't get a reimbursement on the drive recorder. The only option I couldn't get at the time my order was submitted was the trim. I had to settle for the aluminum w/mesh.
Aluminum w/ Mesh still is pretty nice! Definitely more sporty. I've always wanted a blue Tanzanite BMW since it's always been one of my favorite colors that BMW offers. It was between that and Brooklyn Grey for me, but then I saw an M3 w/ Brooklyn Grey in person at my dealership and it was all over from there. I really liked the way all of the black accents contrasted with the car. Specially since the G26 come with the black side skirt as well
      10-21-2021, 05:21 PM   #109
pontiac2bmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: '89 Pontiac GTA

Quote:
Wow this makes no sense unless they were hoping the parts for the seats would arrive during production.

Pontiac2bmw- what seats did you get?
I just got the regular 'Cognac Perforated SensaTec'.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 01:57 PM   #110
bmw_john
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

My car’s status went back from in transit to at port today. Called BMW, was told that the car is in NJ port, so the tracking stepped back. My build is week 37, was not told power seat removed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0