Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Off to Mission Performance I go to load their new IOS app based tuning solution

10-29-2021, 08:13 PM   #23
Care01less
@That.M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
So far just enjoying playing around with the logging and switching the flashes and exhaust note a bit.

But to be honest I'm more of a set it and forget it person so it's perfect. In typical Alex fashion he gives us enough features to play around with but not enough to get us (or him) into trouble. As an example burble is not unlimited but rather is on a 1-10 scale (this may change) of what he feels is safe for the engine. Logging the same way instead of offering 100's of parameters he makes the 30 or so available that he feels are most important.

The more time I spend with the app....In my mind it's kinda like Apple vs Android - with MP being Apple in this example. Go with Apple if you want to have flexibility but always ultimately be safe in the Apple universe - you can't get yourself into too much trouble...Apple gives you options but it's their sandbox. Go Android if you want unlimited options, other people to be able to write software to your phone and be able to explore options that may ultimately be determinantal to you (or may be great and allow you to do things that you couldn't with the Apple platform). One is not better than the other - it's just a matter of where you feel safe.

Off to the dealer soon for brake recall (I had to bump my appt) we'll see how that goes - I intend to drop it with no changes to my MP software (other than clicking the going to the dealer feature) and the DME unlocked. Curious if I'll be able to easily reflash with the app after the dealer has upgraded and I assume locked the DME

So far I remain very impressed
Looking forward to hearing how it goes after the recall is performed. I as well have the recall I've been putting off this past month but can't bring myself to do it yet. Hope all goes well with yours.
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2021, 06:29 PM   #24
iiSonnyii
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
So far just enjoying playing around with the logging and switching the flashes and exhaust note a bit.

But to be honest I'm more of a set it and forget it person so it's perfect. In typical Alex fashion he gives us enough features to play around with but not enough to get us (or him) into trouble. As an example burble is not unlimited but rather is on a 1-10 scale (this may change) of what he feels is safe for the engine. Logging the same way instead of offering 100's of parameters he makes the 30 or so available that he feels are most important.

The more time I spend with the app....In my mind it's kinda like Apple vs Android - with MP being Apple in this example. Go with Apple if you want to have flexibility but always ultimately be safe in the Apple universe - you can't get yourself into too much trouble...Apple gives you options but it's their sandbox. Go Android if you want unlimited options, other people to be able to write software to your phone and be able to explore options that may ultimately be determinantal to you (or may be great and allow you to do things that you couldn't with the Apple platform). One is not better than the other - it's just a matter of where you feel safe.

Off to the dealer soon for brake recall (I had to bump my appt) we'll see how that goes - I intend to drop it with no changes to my MP software (other than clicking the going to the dealer feature) and the DME unlocked. Curious if I'll be able to easily reflash with the app after the dealer has upgraded and I assume locked the DME

So far I remain very impressed
Thanks for sharing. Hopefully Alex and his team can release it sooner...Killing me slowly just waiting haha.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 09:17 PM   #25
m340ninja
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care01less View Post
Looking forward to hearing how it goes after the recall is performed. I as well have the recall I've been putting off this past month but can't bring myself to do it yet. Hope all goes well with yours.
I just took my car in for maintenance in Mountain View and no mention of recall when I spoke to my service advisor. Even though I still have the "notification" in iDrive on my car

Running MP Stg II flash.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2021, 12:07 PM   #26
Care01less
@That.M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by m340ninja View Post
I just took my car in for maintenance in Mountain View and no mention of recall when I spoke to my service advisor. Even though I still have the "notification" in iDrive on my car

Running MP Stg II flash.
Hmm interesting, I ended up having them work on it while I was upstairs(I work at BMW MV). My service advisor said since he knows mine is tuned he is just pushing the oil service and not the recall since it would flag my car as tuned. I'm a bit surprised however that they didn't even mention anything about it in regards to yours.

Running BM3 Stage II Flash and a VRSF Highflow DP
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 10:37 AM   #27
enkoo52
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M340i

Morning all, anymore on their iOS app and possible release?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 12:02 AM   #28
NoTanks52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

is this still in work, or was it abandoned?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 09:09 AM   #29
carguy19
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340

I gave up.

I am not tuning my car, even if it does come out. I usually keep cars 2 years.

I have to say, from my 2018 340 stick shift car (tuned) to the 2021 m340, although the engine is marvelous in the car, I liked my 2018 better.

Maybe it was the lack of tune and extra power, maybe it was the lack of the proper transmission and correct amount of pedals for a german sports sedan, but I am underwhelmed.

I feel like BMW (and other companies also) are heading in a bad direction for the true car enthusiasts like the people here. No manual transmissions, no tunes, autonomous driving, I've had it.

Sorry to bitch guys.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 09:46 AM   #30
TruthOne
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19 View Post
I gave up.

I am not tuning my car, even if it does come out. I usually keep cars 2 years.

I have to say, from my 2018 340 stick shift car (tuned) to the 2021 m340, although the engine is marvelous in the car, I liked my 2018 better.

Maybe it was the lack of tune and extra power, maybe it was the lack of the proper transmission and correct amount of pedals for a german sports sedan, but I am underwhelmed.

I feel like BMW (and other companies also) are heading in a bad direction for the true car enthusiasts like the people here. No manual transmissions, no tunes, autonomous driving, I've had it.

Sorry to bitch guys.
They still make a manual M2 that sounds like what you want
Appreciate 0