Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Stop Sale on 330i for RAM (Receiver Audio Module)

10-21-2021, 07:28 AM   #67
malibuboats91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonSpottedCuscus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibuboats91 View Post
The M340i I secured last night is sitting at the Baltimore port. If the 'actual production date' is 8/27/21, does that mean it's been sitting at the port for quite some time?
You should be good, at least compared to the alternatives you mentioned, but it's hard to tell. We don't know how BMW prioritizes incoming parts and where our cars are in the queue.
I think the production date on mine is 9/6 and it's being moved now to Galveston after sitting in Mexico for 5 weeks. It's unclear if they will have the part for it when it arrives or it's going to sit there for another 5 weeks. As I understand others saw their car moved to a VDC quickly after the build only to sit there for weeks.
I'm trying to be optimistic and also remember that this is a ridiculously complicated logistic situation and I hope they'll catch up soon.
Yeah I totally agree. I spent several full days from 6AM to almost midnight trying to locate one with the specs I want. Only one I found was locally and it didn't have shadowline. Was trying to talk myself into it but couldn't.

My setup isn't like the others where they ordered the car so I just have the VIN. Is my best bet just to keep checking the BMW recall site then wait for a call from my dealer?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 08:28 AM   #68
sicce123
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicce123 View Post
My car is at VPC due to stop sale for RAM, has anyone else been through this "stop sale" and how long did you have to wait before your car arrived at the dealership?
Looks like my RAM module may have now been installed at the VPC. I noticed on the status checker tool (https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/), my recall status changed from Open to Closed today. Fingers-cross that this tool is accurate and I will take delivery at PDC soon ;-)
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 11:05 AM   #69
CommonSpottedCuscus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E36 316i Compact - 100HP beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaid View Post
I'm in the Glovis Corona!
I haven't heard about the ship from my sales guy but the dates check out. My ride might be on there too. It's halfway across the gulf!
Appreciate 1
JSaid286.00
      10-21-2021, 11:21 AM   #70
grantj1983
Private
Rep
Drives: M 440i

I got an email today from my SA saying my car arrived in Brunswick yesterday with the Stop Sale for the RAM still on the car. On the bottom of the work order that he attached to the email, there are some Estimated and Actual Dates. It shows it is Estimated to leave VPC on Sunday 10/24 and arrive at dealer on 10/26. Is this accurate? Does anyone know?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 12:14 PM   #71
Pedalpower PA
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future: 2022 M440ix Conv

Just received confirmation that the RAM fix has been completed and that the car is due at the dealer on 10/24. Finally.
For reference: it was at the Baltimore VPC for exactly 4 weeks to the day before the RAM repair was noted as complete.
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2021, 02:13 PM   #72
malibuboats91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
My car is at VPC due to stop sale for RAM, has anyone else been through this "stop sale" and how long did you have to wait before your car arrived at the dealership?
Looks like my RAM module may have now been installed at the VPC. I noticed on the status checker tool (https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/), my recall status changed from Open to Closed today. Fingers-cross that this tool is accurate and I will take delivery at PDC soon ;-)
How long had yours been at the port?

Do you have any idea when they get flagged as 'stop sale'? My dealer has one on the boat without a stop sale then one at the Baltimore port with a 'stop sale'. They say the one that doesn't have a stop sale would have been flagged already if it was going to be held up.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 09:31 PM   #73
drseuss19
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 x3, 2021 M340i, 2022 M440

Quote:
I got a call today from my SA that mine is no longer one stop sale as well.
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2021, 08:32 PM   #74
CommonSpottedCuscus
Enlisted Member
Rep

The Glovis Corona is out of Galveston. (Btw the VDC looks pretty cool on google maps and it was fun to track the ship, I never would've thought there's so much info available about marine traffic.)
I'm not 100% sure my car was on it but if it was then it should be sitting now in the VDC. Fingers crossed so that it doesn't take weeks.
[*Compulsive website refresh intensifies.*]
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 11:14 AM   #75
JSaid
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
The Glovis Corona is out of Galveston. (Btw the VDC looks pretty cool on google maps and it was fun to track the ship, I never would've thought there's so much info available about marine traffic.)
I'm not 100% sure my car was on it but if it was then it should be sitting now in the VDC. Fingers crossed so that it doesn't take weeks.
[*Compulsive website refresh intensifies.*]
Haha you and me both! Hopefully it gets to NY/NJ soon I can't wait any longer haha
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2021, 11:57 PM   #76
Redditor9000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i GC

“I never would've thought there's so much info available about marine traffic.”

Same thoughts here! I’ve never in my life paid any attention to marine traffic like I have for the past several weeks. It was eye opening to see how many traffic lanes there are and number of fishing boats that are emptying the oceans of fish. Crazy.
Appreciate 2
      10-24-2021, 03:08 PM   #77
clearwaterms
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: B9 Audi S4 & LS3 C6 Corvette

*update*

My car arrived in the Baltimore port somewhere between Thursday the 14th and Monday the 18th (The ship was scheduled to arrive on the 14th but the status didn't change to "at the port" until Monday the 18th) and as of today 10/24 the recall is now closed. This was a car ordered on the last week of August with production starting a few days after the order was placed.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2021, 04:00 PM   #78
CommonSpottedCuscus
Enlisted Member
Rep

AW YISS
Ship got to Galveston Fri early morning and left Fri evening so car was unloaded sometime mid day. No change during the weekend. Order tracking status went from In Transit back to At The Port this morning, I guess when they checked it in. Recall status got updated to Closed sometimes in the last couple of hours.
They did the retrofit the first business day. I hope it gets on a truck quickly.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 04:52 PM   #79
Matty18
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i, BMW X3

Did anybody work with their SA to get their RAM done quickly? I seem to be on the same timeframe as others but I'm still waiting while some have made it through the process.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 05:02 PM   #80
CommonSpottedCuscus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty18 View Post
Did anybody work with their SA to get their RAM done quickly? I seem to be on the same timeframe as others but I'm still waiting while some have made it through the process.
Nope. Mine was sitting in Mexico for 5 and a half weeks fully assembled. My SA said he can't do a thing about it.
Which doesn't mean they actually can't but I'm guessing they have similarly "urgent" requests from all of their clients so
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 01:50 PM   #81
drseuss19
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 x3, 2021 M340i, 2022 M440

Quote:
Nope. He verified it was on stop sale one week and then called me the next to say it was no longer on stop sale. No idea what changed as it wasn't even at the VPC yet. I don't think there's any way to have them "speed up" a stop sale. They don't have that kind of pull. However, if your car is put in as a priority 1 (when someone puts a down payment on the order) it is given priority over cars that were simply ordered by the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 02:05 PM   #82
malibuboats91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I just called the Genius line. Mine has a 9/1/21 production date. The work order started on the 19th and was scheduled to be picked up yesterday. Vin recall checker says it's still open though. Looks like they're getting through these cars pretty quickly. Fingers crossed it actually shows up at my dealer lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 05:38 PM   #83
grantj1983
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibuboats91 View Post
I just called the Genius line. Mine has a 9/1/21 production date. The work order started on the 19th and was scheduled to be picked up yesterday. Vin recall checker says it's still open though. Looks like they're getting through these cars pretty quickly. Fingers crossed it actually shows up at my dealer lol.
Mine got to Brunswick Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Work order for RAM was closed yesterday. SA called today to say that estimated delivery is Friday. Still shows “At Port” on website.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 05:42 PM   #84
MMartinez
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
Nope. Mine was sitting in Mexico for 5 and a half weeks fully assembled. My SA said he can't do a thing about it.
Which doesn't mean they actually can't but I'm guessing they have similarly "urgent" requests from all of their clients so
If it means anything, we actually can't do a thing about recalls at the VPC… reason they all have different timeframes is because parts are coming in at different times.
      10-26-2021, 08:38 PM   #85
CommonSpottedCuscus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMartinez View Post
If it means anything, we actually can't do a thing about recalls at the VPC… reason they all have different timeframes is because parts are coming in at different times.
Oh no, I have full apprecation of the situation. And no compalint against my SA or BMW in general. I'm sure there are ways to expedite throrough the system but one has to be a whole lot more important for that than us and prob they're not buying a 3 series anyway.
I work for an electronics company and we're having similar issues with chip shortages. I can call the manufacturing planner for the product and ask him to prioritize for a particular customer but then they'll say ok who or which other product should I take the stock away from. There's very little room to speed up anything if there's simply higher demand then suppy.

In other news mine is back to In Transit again. I hope it makes to the dealership quickly.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2021, 11:54 AM   #86
CommonSpottedCuscus
Enlisted Member
Rep

"AT THE DEALERSHIP"

Now I only have to get hold of my SA. I was expecting them to call me. I hope there are no further hang ups.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 02:37 PM   #87
grantj1983
Private
Rep

My car is at the dealership! I’ll pick it up tomorrow. 11 weeks to the day I ordered it!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 02:43 PM   #88
CommonSpottedCuscus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantj1983 View Post
My car is at the dealership! I’ll pick it up tomorrow. 11 weeks to the day I ordered it!
Me too, me too!
12 weeks and 2 days.
Appreciate 0