Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Anchors Aweigh! M340ix Onboard Glovis Spirit

11-19-2021, 07:26 PM   #89
Meat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5, 2022 BMW M340i

Ha mine jumped back to At the Port too. Spoke with my CA today and was assured that I’ll get my car this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telyen View Post
Just got off the phone with my SA. He says it is in Galveston.

He thinks what may have happened was it was unloaded from Glovis Spirit at one port and then onto another one and they didn't give us correct information, or misinformed us.

He claims it is 100% without a doubt in Galveston right now.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2021, 11:01 AM   #90
malibuboats91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i xDrive

Garage List
Hopefully their records are correct in that your cars are actually at the port. Mine has been in Baltimore since last Saturday or Sunday…work order was closed on the 17th and the carrier has not picked it up yet. I called Genius today and they said it could be up to a week for them to pick up then an additional 4 days to transport it to IL. My dreams of detailing my new Bimmer over the holiday weekend are slowly fading.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 11:37 PM   #91
telyen
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 330e M Sport

Starting to believe it really is at the VPC considering I found the ship is going to Africa next lol... Idk how they did it, or why... But definitely feel like the pulled the rug on me and took me on an emotional roller coaster http://shipall.com/international-shi...om-US-to-benin
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 05:46 AM   #92
malibuboats91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Starting to believe it really is at the VPC considering I found the ship is going to Africa next lol... Idk how they did it, or why... But definitely feel like the pulled the rug on me and took me on an emotional roller coaster http://shipall.com/international-shipping/24/shipping-from-US-to-benin
Are you tracking via My BMW? I'd think it should say 'at port' if it's there already.

Mine finally got picked up by the carrier.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 06:03 AM   #93
telyen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibuboats91 View Post
Are you tracking via My BMW? I'd think it should say 'at port' if it's there already.

Yeah I am but I was just skeptical

Congrats! Did you have to call to figure out your car was picked up or did your status change on the website?

Last edited by telyen; 11-23-2021 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 07:55 AM   #94
malibuboats91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Congrats! Did you have to call to figure out your car was picked up or did your status change on the website?
The car was picked up yesterday from the looks of it.

I do have somewhat of a funny story though… about 2 months ago I started thinking about getting a new car. Was waiting on the 2022 RS3, but couldn't get over the looks of it. So I was visiting my parents and was going over the different options of what I could get since I'm an Audi guy…another S3, S4, M2 and finally M340i. The M340i I showed them looked sick but wasn't well optioned. Basically decided to keep my S3 until I find something I like better because I loved my S3.

Then that weekend I was driving through car lots and came across a M340i that I loved other than cerium grille, mirror caps and black wheels. After calling every dealer within 300 miles I finally found one in production that had 90% of what I wanted, but black wheels, so I convinced myself I'd like them…this is the one I've been tracking. Anyways, I put money down on it and such. I've still been obsessively looking at dealer sites and this Monday I was looking at the dealers inventory and noticed they got one with cerium wheels AND adaptive suspension. Sounds like it was one of those random cars BMW sends with adaptive suspension, so seemingly a rare find and it's exactly like the first one I found when I started my journey other than having all the options I want. Really the only option I'd want now is the staggered wheel setup. So I'm getting this one now lol.

This is the one I'm getting now: https://www.billjacobsbmw.com/invent...u9j07n8c29833/

Then this looks like what I originally had my $$ down on/was tracking: https://www.bmwofminnetonka.com/inve...5u9j05n8c36313
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 09:46 AM   #95
tncrob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i 2004 330

Stop sale question

Quote:
Hopefully their records are correct in that your cars are actually at the port. Mine has been in Baltimore since last Saturday or Sunday…work order was closed on the 17th and the carrier has not picked it up yet. I called Genius today and they said it could be up to a week for them to pick up then an additional 4 days to transport it to IL. My dreams of detailing my new Bimmer over the holiday weekend are slowly fading.
Your work order was closed on the 17th. Was that for the RAM module?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 09:51 AM   #96
tncrob
United_States
Rep

My M340i has been on the Glovis Spirit also but apparently was dropped in Baltimore. Now I am told it is scheduled to be delivered in Spartansburg TODAY! for a performance center pickup.
I hope that means the recall item has been resolved. Anyone else get their RAM issue fixed recently?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 09:52 AM   #97
malibuboats91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tncrob View Post
Quote:
Your work order was closed on the 17th. Was that for the RAM module?
No, mine didn't have the RAM issue. I believe it arrived to the port around the 13th or 14th. Work order for wheel locks, floor mats and first aid kit was opened on the 15th and closed on the 17th. On the 17th they notified the carrier it was ready for pickup and they didn't pick it up until yesterday. According to my dealer and Genius' it can me anywhere from 1-2 weeks for the carrier to pick up the car after being notified.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 10:07 AM   #98
jkefields
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
My M340i has been on the Glovis Spirit also but apparently was dropped in Baltimore. Now I am told it is scheduled to be delivered in Spartansburg TODAY! for a performance center pickup.
I hope that means the recall item has been resolved. Anyone else get their RAM issue fixed recently?
Do you have your pick-up date scheduled? I'm doing a PCD as well and my dealer warned me the dates are VERY scarce…(his most recent order that is already at the PC was given a January date…)

Warned me to hope for December but be prepared for the worst until they initiate the scheduling
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 10:48 AM   #99
Meat
United_States
Rep

Looks great!

Quote:

I do have somewhat of a funny story though… about 2 months ago I started thinking about getting a new car. Was waiting on the 2022 RS3, but couldn't get over the looks of it. So I was visiting my parents and was going over the different options of what I could get since I'm an Audi guy…another S3, S4, M2 and finally M340i. The M340i I showed them looked sick but wasn't well optioned. Basically decided to keep my S3 until I find something I like better because I loved my S3.

Then that weekend I was driving through car lots and came across a M340i that I loved other than cerium grille, mirror caps and black wheels. After calling every dealer within 300 miles I finally found one in production that had 90% of what I wanted, but black wheels, so I convinced myself I'd like them…this is the one I've been tracking. Anyways, I put money down on it and such. I've still been obsessively looking at dealer sites and this Monday I was looking at the dealers inventory and noticed they got one with cerium wheels AND adaptive suspension. Sounds like it was one of those random cars BMW sends with adaptive suspension, so seemingly a rare find and it's exactly like the first one I found when I started my journey other than having all the options I want. Really the only option I'd want now is the staggered wheel setup. So I'm getting this one now lol.

This is the one I'm getting now: https://www.billjacobsbmw.com/invent...u9j07n8c29833/

Then this looks like what I originally had my $$ down on/was tracking: https://www.bmwofminnetonka.com/inve...5u9j05n8c36313
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 12:21 PM   #100
malibuboats91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The original one I had secured made it to the dealership. Took about 1.5 days to get from Baltimore to Naperville, IL for reference. I'm still torn on if I should go with the black wheels and standard suspension or cerium wheels with adaptive. I'm driving myself as well as my family/friends nuts with it haha.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 11:37 AM   #101
telyen
Private
Rep

Sa just called me and said my car made it on a truck. Hoping to be delivered in 48 hours! Fingers crossed!!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 07:27 PM   #102
malibuboats91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Drove about 9 hours today and got my M340. Boy was the drive worth it! Such an amazing car. I'm excited for all of you go get yours too! Post pics when they arrive.

Last edited by malibuboats91; 12-01-2021 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 2
      11-26-2021, 07:44 PM   #103
UnknownBeing
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 340i (22 M340i in-transit)

Quote:
Drove about 9 hours today and got my M340. Boy was the drive worth it! Such an amazing car. I'm excited for all of you go get yours too! Post pics when they arrive.
Awesome car! Congrats!
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2021, 09:00 PM   #104
Meat
United_States
Rep

Congrats! I just picked up my car today too! Didn’t get a chance to take pics tho. Will post some tomorrow

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 09:11 PM   #105
tncrob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkefields View Post
Do you have your pick-up date scheduled? I'm doing a PCD as well and my dealer warned me the dates are VERY scarce…(his most recent order that is already at the PC was given a January date…)

Warned me to hope for December but be prepared for the worst until they initiate the scheduling
I do not have a schedule yet but frankly I would be happy with any date I could get at this point. I did the PCD with my 2017 340i and it was the best (car related) experience I have ever had. Even 5 years later I still tell friends how much I enjoyed the time spent on the track.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2021, 05:55 PM   #106
jkefields
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
I do not have a schedule yet but frankly I would be happy with any date I could get at this point. I did the PCD with my 2017 340i and it was the best (car related) experience I have ever had. Even 5 years later I still tell friends how much I enjoyed the time spent on the track.
Awesome to hear - it's something I have always considered doing given my proximity, but never got around to it - so now I have the best case scenario of doing it and leaving with a new car Cannot wait for the experience itself.

Unfortunately I may be waiting a bit longer lol - my car is still awaiting a carrier from the port to VDC per Genius today..."early Christmas present" is looking like a just in time one.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 06:24 PM   #107
Meat
United_States
Rep

Getting it tinted next week!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-04-2021, 09:45 PM   #108
malibuboats91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat View Post
Getting it tinted next week!
Congrats! Looks great! Out of curiosity what are you going with for film and percentage?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 10:26 PM   #109
Meat
United_States
Rep

I’m going with 3M Ceramic IR, 35%.

Quote:
Congrats! Looks great! Out of curiosity what are you going with for film and percentage?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 10:29 PM   #110
malibuboats91
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat View Post
I’m going with 3M Ceramic IR, 35%.

Quote:
That's the film I'm going with as well. I've always done 35% but am between 25% and 35% this time around. Taking the gamble on having the dash dimming but oh well.
Appreciate 0