Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Touch screens removed as an option

12-04-2021, 10:52 AM   #177
SpeedyATL
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Garage List
2015 Yamaha FZ-09  [10.00]
2018 BMW S1000XR   [9.83]
2018 BMW R1200RT  [10.00]
2023 BMW X4  [7.88]
2022 BMW Z4  [9.78]
"Did you order a 3 or 4 Series? Assuming 4 if you were able to order the adaptive suspension. It seems like the HK has been fine for a while and that the power seats issue was a limited group. I haven’t seen any 3 Series reported without power seats. "

Mine is an m440cv. Adaptive was no longer available as a standalone option, but it is available as part of the dhp.

Hope it makes the cut. Production started late last week so i should know fairly soon i guess.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 04:57 AM   #178
AIedm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 m340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Leotardo View Post
Found out that my build is affected. Honestly thinking about canceling the car and waiting 6-12 months for a car that has all the options that I want.
Same here they just called my wife yesterday and told her the car doesn't have touchscreen and they would give us $500 refund. This is fucking outrageous because they never told us at any point that this might happen. I'm going in today and canceling the car. Unless they're willing to order the touchscreen part and fit it to the car? Idk this is crazy.
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2021, 07:40 AM   #179
springerdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIedm3 View Post
Same here they just called my wife yesterday and told her the car doesn't have touchscreen and they would give us $500 refund. This is fucking outrageous because they never told us at any point that this might happen. I'm going in today and canceling the car. Unless they're willing to order the touchscreen part and fit it to the car? Idk this is crazy.
They never told you because they didn't know. They started removing touch screens about a month ago. Prior to that, no one knew that this would be happening. It's not likely that the touch screen can be added later by a dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 07:54 AM   #180
Sight22
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i xdrive

Quote:
They can't give you a touchscreen if they don't have the parts for it from the supplier. I don't know why you are so upset about it. They called and told you about the missing option before you received delivery. They are still going to build the car because if you don't buy it, someone else will probably within a day of it hitting the lot.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 07:48 PM   #181
ham340
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by springerdrive View Post
They never told you because they didn't know. They started removing touch screens about a month ago. Prior to that, no one knew that this would be happening. It's not likely that the touch screen can be added later by a dealer.
A guy on the X5 forums was actually able to replace the screen and get it to work. It did take some coding to get it to be responsive though. So it can be done but no way a dealer is going to commit to it. The dealer will honestly probably be happy if he goes through to cancel it cuz they'll probably sell it to someone else for more money. The market is insane right now.
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2021, 10:32 PM   #182
DerekS
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 M Sport

Quote:
You might wish to reconsider canceling your order ?
If you do so, the same M340ix produced in 6-12 months time will likely cost more (inflation !!!); it would likely be a MY2023 and it would have the unattractive wide screen plopped on to the the top of the dash, as per the i4
      12-09-2021, 04:49 AM   #183
1WickedE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i

Some interesting data on a car I just placed a deposit on:

12/07/21 build, 330i, Sapphire Back metallic, M-Sport, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package 2, Driving Assistant Package, leather seats, spare tire, etc. Car was built in Munich (which surprised me, I thought only special paint cars would be built there, rest would come out of SLP) & is on its way to USA a couple of days ago.

Missing or option/package not offered: ZPK, Harman Kardon sound system, front passenger lumbar/width adjustment & HUD that was normally part of premium package.

Touchscreen for center display is included - I guess it's hit or miss on your order if the touchscreen display part is available at the time your car is being built. This is mainly going to be the significant other's daily driver so she is very happy.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 10:26 AM   #184
Lakeside
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WickedE90 View Post
Some interesting data on a car I just placed a deposit on:

12/07/21 build, 330i, Sapphire Back metallic, M-Sport, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package 2, Driving Assistant Package, leather seats, spare tire, etc. Car was built in Munich (which surprised me, I thought only special paint cars would be built there, rest would come out of SLP) & is on its way to USA a couple of days ago.

Missing or option/package not offered: ZPK, Harman Kardon sound system, front passenger lumbar/width adjustment & HUD that was normally part of premium package.

Touchscreen for center display is included - I guess it's hit or miss on your order if the touchscreen display part is available at the time your car is being built. This is mainly going to be the significant other's daily driver so she is very happy.
The sound system would be a deal breaker for me and I'd want the HUD, but we're all different.

I'm paralyzed right now, need a vehicle and money in hand but afraid to order. I'm still driving a 2003.. so I REALLY want to get the vehicle the way I want it.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 01:11 PM   #185
SpeedyATL
Major
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW X4  [7.88]
2022 BMW Z4  [9.78]
I think unless you find it on the lot, its a roll of the dice.

I'm a couple of months away from receiving the M440cv I ordered and I have no idea what to expect will actually make it on the build. My dealer says don't worry, it's all there as you are in production now, but that doesn't fit with many of the stories I've read here.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 06:06 PM   #186
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
12/4 Build Date - No Touch Screen delete that I can see on my 22 330xi
      12-09-2021, 06:08 PM   #187
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Express this outrage towards BMW (if you must), but not your dealer. They had no idea, they found out when the rest of us did. They probably won't care too much if you don't take the car, in this market, someone else will snatch it up in a second.
      12-10-2021, 08:39 AM   #188
kmershly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus, Nissan and a GMC

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf80 View Post
Express this outrage towards BMW (if you must), but not your dealer. They had no idea, they found out when the rest of us did. They probably won't care too much if you don't take the car, in this market, someone else will snatch it up in a second.
The problem is BMWNA tasked the dealers with delivering the bad news and dealers in general just see dollars and nothing more. They don't care about the customers disappointment and as you said they can sell it to someone else, dollars either way.

I had to fight tooth and nail to get the dealer to not mark up the MF in my lease and it was a a real fight.

Why is everything dealership hard?

BMWNA knows dealers are a pain point and by offloading the notification on the dealer, BMWNA put the paint point of not having a touchscreen on the pain point of car dealership making it even worse.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 09:13 AM   #189
GeorgiaBlue
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan GTS, Audi S4 (6M

touchscreen delete

Ordered an M340ix in October. Was a tough decision as I could not get adaptive dampers or passenger lumbar, both of which I wanted. Told my SA I would cancel order if anything else deleted. Just entered quality check and looks like I still have everything else (HK, trunk, touchscreen etc). We'll see.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 11:02 AM   #190
kmershly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus, Nissan and a GMC

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBlue View Post
Ordered an M340ix in October. Was a tough decision as I could not get adaptive dampers or passenger lumbar, both of which I wanted. Told my SA I would cancel order if anything else deleted. Just entered quality check and looks like I still have everything else (HK, trunk, touchscreen etc). We'll see.
I really wanted the adaptive dampers too, sadly no dice for me as well.

Though I did get everything else that I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 10:17 AM   #191
Paul Moran
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbananas View Post
This was announced yesterday

https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/m...#post-13612126

It sounds like all g20’s, all variants, are having touchscreens removed.
My BMW dealer just informed me that my M340i is leaving the factory in Germany without a touchscreen head unit but thankfully because it's an individual m340i ie with San Marino blue paint at €6000, carbon fiber roof, full merino leather etc, they are taking it to Munich to fit the touchscreen. So I take it that all M340i's will now come without touchscreen head units out of Germany
      12-13-2021, 11:39 AM   #192
Rossgazz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 330I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Moran View Post
My BMW dealer just informed me that my M340i is leaving the factory in Germany without a touchscreen head unit but thankfully because it's an individual m340i ie with San Marino blue paint at €6000, carbon fiber roof, full merino leather etc, they are taking it to Munich to fit the touchscreen. So I take it that all M340i's will now come without touchscreen head units out of Germany
I'm happy for you that you got some resolution from BMW, at the same time it's incredibly frustrating how BMW seems to be handpicking who will and who won't get a screen. My G20 came out of production 2 weeks ago and is sitting at the port with no touchscreen. I can't manage to get ANY response from BMW about it, despite filing a complaint and emailing corporate ect ect (both done in a polite fashion). As far as i can get are the Genius's telling me that it's a dealer issue to take any further action, which from your post I can see is completely not true. As much as i want the car, i'm ready to just give up and decline the delivery. Regardless, good for you, enjoy it.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 11:42 AM   #193
Paul Moran
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossgazz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Moran View Post
I'm happy for you that you got some resolution from BMW, at the same time it's incredibly frustrating how BMW seems to be handpicking who will and who won't get a screen. My G20 came out of production 2 weeks ago and is sitting at the port with no touchscreen. I can't manage to get ANY response from BMW about it, despite filing a complaint and emailing corporate ect ect (both done in a polite fashion). As far as i can get are the Genius's telling me that it's a dealer issue to take any further action, which from your post I can see is completely not true. As much as i want the car, i'm ready to just give up and decline the delivery. Regardless, good for you, enjoy it.
Thanks a mil and I hope you get some sort of resolution regarding your car
      12-13-2021, 02:45 PM   #194
SpeedyATL
Major
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW X4  [7.88]
2022 BMW Z4  [9.78]
This situation definitely sucks.

The touch screen is not all that important to me, but I certainly understand the situation.

These are expensive cars and we may have to take them without certain options/features that are typically included in cars at half the price.

If mine comes without HK, HUD or AMS, I'll probably pass. But I'm already past the end of my lease so then what? Buy my current car? If that were a reasonable option, I'd already be doing that.

I know the dealers and BMW and BMWNA are all businesses, but I feel like the dealers primarily are taking advantage of the situation. Probably the same for BMW and BMWNA however. All at our expense.

But I can't say they are any different than that of MB, Audi, etc.

This is just a crappy time to need a new car. All I can do is hope when I need to replace this one, the shoe is on the other foot and I can make up for the whooping I'm getting on this car.
Appreciate 2
hulu106.00
      12-13-2021, 07:26 PM   #195
anasryadi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 X30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zab View Post
Got "Special identification 2" newly listed on myBMW tracker too. I guess that is actual the touch screen deletion. Just BMW did not yet put a descriptive string into the system.

My SA found code 6UY in the dealer tracking system with no string after it, just the code.
Don't scare people, you can't guess it's the touch screen deletion. I called bmw and they checked and found out that "special identification 2" is just an internal code to help with the assembly in the factory and it's removed once the assembly is over.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 07:42 PM   #196
zab
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by anasryadi View Post
Quote:
Got "Special identification 2" newly listed on myBMW tracker too. I guess that is actual the touch screen deletion. Just BMW did not yet put a descriptive string into the system.

My SA found code 6UY in the dealer tracking system with no string after it, just the code.
Don't scare people, you can't guess it's the touch screen deletion. I called bmw and they checked and found out that "special identification 2" is just an internal code to help with the assembly in the factory and it's removed once the assembly is over.
Thanks for checking. And that's exactly what I mean by "guess", I don't have a clue and it can be wrong. The best way to confirm is still to check if your vin has option 6UY.

But also don't trust BMW genius too much, they've been giving me contradicting info every time I called.
A fact is that my car has finished production a month ago, and it is currently on a boat in the middle of ocean, while the tracker still lists special identification 2. Maybe it is for some retrofitting work. I don't known.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2021, 07:49 PM   #197
anasryadi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 X30i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for checking. And that's exactly what I mean by "guess", I don't have a clue and it can be wrong. The best way to confirm is still to check if your vin has option 6UY.

But also don't trust BMW genius too much, they've been giving me contradicting info every time I called.
A fact is that my car has finished production a month ago, and it is currently on a boat in the middle of ocean, while the tracker still lists special identification 2. Maybe it is for some retrofitting work. I don't known.
She took the time to call and ask what that meant and told me that if the touchscreen was deleted, it would say touchscreen deletion and she saw that in a few cars before. I almost got a heart attack when I saw that note and couldn't figure out what it was. I wished that they deleted SiriusXM if they had to delete anything because that's so useless and makes old school radio hard to navigate without mentioning all the spam letters from SiriusXM.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 07:05 AM   #198
Matic94
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M440i G26

Quote:
She took the time to call and ask what that meant and told me that if the touchscreen was deleted, it would say touchscreen deletion and she saw that in a few cars before. I almost got a heart attack when I saw that note and couldn't figure out what it was. I wished that they deleted SiriusXM if they had to delete anything because that's so useless and makes old school radio hard to navigate without mentioning all the spam letters from SiriusXM.
Sorry but it wouldn’t say touchscreen deleted if anything it will say backup assistant deleted. Best way to tell is the 6UY code from using vin decoders.
Appreciate 0