Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Service Inclusive (Cyber Week deal)

11-29-2021, 11:18 AM   #67
johno
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
OK so having finished all the important jobs I had to do today my curiosity got the better of me so I've just rang BMW Customer Service again and another advisor (different to the first one I spoke to a few days ago) has told me the same thing. Namely the 5 Years Service Inclusive package runs from the date of production of the vehicle but he couldn't answer my question at what point in the production process?
Willougs has certainly struck good there...nice one mate!
I'm only three weeks out so not that bothered.
Ross.....how have you faired on yours?
I'm in the same happy position as Willougs - the date is one day before I picked the car up. Looks like the CS people all have the same script.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 03:21 PM   #68
goodbyalfa
King of the North (living in the east...)
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i mineral white

Where do you find the time available booking?
2015 330D F30 MSport EBII
2012 Alfa Guilietta 2.0d Veloce
2009 Fiat bravo sport
2000 ST Mondeo
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 04:15 PM   #69
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyalfa View Post
Where do you find the time available booking?
If you go to Owner section at bmw.co.uk and connect drive store it shows the booked services and the time left if you click into it.

This link might work for you.

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/shop/ls/cp/connected-drive
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 03:14 AM   #70
barian
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 318i

I had the same problem, with a two month gap between the stated Service Plan expiry date and registration date. The description of the Service Plan offer clearly states that it runs from the registration date. The explanation I received from BMW Connected Drive was that they had not picked up the registration date and so their system defaulted to the build date. Remedying this required the correction to be made by "the Warranty Department", implying that the warranty expiry date was also incorrect. After a couple of days the expiry date shown in the Connected Drive account was changed to the correct date. Those who appear to have been fobbed off by an easy excuse might wish to go back and quote the Service Plan offer:
" The Service Inclusive term (term and mileage) begins from the date the vehicle is initially registered (start of warranty). The offer must be purchased by the first servicing date so that the respective services are covered. The term ends either on the end date or once the specified mileage has been reached, whichever occurs first. The offer will be limited for the first 1,000 purchases and applies only for BMW ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) and BMW PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle)."
Appreciate 1
bmnut801.50
      11-30-2021, 07:19 AM   #71
Hoddos
Rep
Drives: BMW Series 320i M Sport (G20)

I've bitten the bullet and also bought the service inclusive (looks like it's the last day of the 30% off). So now I have the HBA and speed camera.

However, when I go to my account area it still shows as 'pending'. Did anyone else have this problem, or know how long it takes to go to an 'in progress' or 'completed' state ?
Appreciate 1
goodbyalfa1055.00
      12-01-2021, 04:23 AM   #72
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by barian View Post
I had the same problem, with a two month gap between the stated Service Plan expiry date and registration date. The description of the Service Plan offer clearly states that it runs from the registration date. The explanation I received from BMW Connected Drive was that they had not picked up the registration date and so their system defaulted to the build date. Remedying this required the correction to be made by "the Warranty Department", implying that the warranty expiry date was also incorrect. After a couple of days the expiry date shown in the Connected Drive account was changed to the correct date. Those who appear to have been fobbed off by an easy excuse might wish to go back and quote the Service Plan offer:
" The Service Inclusive term (term and mileage) begins from the date the vehicle is initially registered (start of warranty). The offer must be purchased by the first servicing date so that the respective services are covered. The term ends either on the end date or once the specified mileage has been reached, whichever occurs first. The offer will be limited for the first 1,000 purchases and applies only for BMW ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) and BMW PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle)."
Having stated in an earlier post that I wasn't that bothered about a 3 weeks discrepancy in the 5 year service inclusive package but then reading your post about 'Warranty Department' administering it got me thinking about the standard 3 years warranty on the car for parts and labour.
As a consequence I spoke to customer service yesterday and they are now sorting out my correct start date for the service inclusive package (to run from date of first registration) and confirmed the vehicle warranty is wet date of first registration, no explanation as to why it was wrong in the first place mind you , but that's BMW's typical secretiveness!

Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by bmnut; 12-01-2021 at 04:24 AM.. Reason: additional text
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 04:31 AM   #73
barian
Rep

Thanks for the heads up! [/QUOTE]

Glad to have been of help.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 02:03 PM   #74
Hoddos
Rep
Drives: BMW Series 320i M Sport (G20)

Hopefully no-one else has had a similar problem with Service Inclusive as me.

The Service Inclusive I ordered as part of Black Friday was showing pending for a day. Then BMW cancelled it for no reason. They also told me they could no longer honour the discount and it would now be full price but I was welcome to try buying it again at full price. BMW could also not explain why they cancelled the order, as the credit card company had authorised the transaction.

I told them I was not too impressed. They are now looking at it with a complaints managers to see whether they can do anything for me. It's been two days but they said they'd get back by Friday. I'll have to wait and see what they do…
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 03:33 PM   #75
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

Maybe they’d already hit the 1000 limit?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 06:02 AM   #76
Riccardog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 320i Touring MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoddos View Post
Hopefully no-one else has had a similar problem with Service Inclusive as me.

The Service Inclusive I ordered as part of Black Friday was showing pending for a day. Then BMW cancelled it for no reason. They also told me they could no longer honour the discount and it would now be full price but I was welcome to try buying it again at full price. BMW could also not explain why they cancelled the order, as the credit card company had authorised the transaction.

I told them I was not too impressed. They are now looking at it with a complaints managers to see whether they can do anything for me. It's been two days but they said they'd get back by Friday. I'll have to wait and see what they do…
I might be in a similar situation. Bought the SI very late on the 30/11, around 10:50pm. I've yet to have any confirmation through and I see the payment is still pending on my bank account. Weird...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 10:19 AM   #77
adam.b
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

On 1.12 SI was not available for my car but high beam assist and sport sound was still with reduced price and available to buy.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 11:03 AM   #78
Rhino at Work
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 330i Portimao Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
I might be in a similar situation. Bought the SI very late on the 30/11, around 10:50pm. I've yet to have any confirmation through and I see the payment is still pending on my bank account. Weird...
Probably not what you want to hear but when I bought on the 26th it went through on my credit card the same day. I suspect you may have hit the 1,000 limit.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 03:00 AM   #79
Ross_
Private
Rep
Drives: G21 Touring

Quote:
OK so having finished all the important jobs I had to do today my curiosity got the better of me so I've just rang BMW Customer Service again and another advisor (different to the first one I spoke to a few days ago) has told me the same thing. Namely the 5 Years Service Inclusive package runs from the date of production of the vehicle but he couldn't answer my question at what point in the production process?
Willougs has certainly struck good there...nice one mate!
I'm only three weeks out so not that bothered.
Ross.....how have you faired on yours?
Sorry only just spotted this, I spoke on the phone & she agreed with me it was incorrect as I screenshotted the page saying "5 years from registration date" and not production date..

I saw someone had theirs updated, but I'm still awaiting a reply which I chased yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 12:01 PM   #80
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross_ View Post
Sorry only just spotted this, I spoke on the phone & she agreed with me it was incorrect as I screenshotted the page saying "5 years from registration date" and not production date..

I saw someone had theirs updated, but I'm still awaiting a reply which I chased yesterday.
I’m still waiting for them to get their finger out and change my date. Had to send them screenshots of pages 1 & 2 of my V5C for proof of first registration. Apparently has to be ‘escalated to the technical team to change the details’ !! ……. ffs!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 06:15 AM   #81
Ross_
Private
Rep
Drives: G21 Touring

Quote:
I’m still waiting for them to get their finger out and change my date. Had to send them screenshots of pages 1 & 2 of my V5C for proof of first registration. Apparently has to be ‘escalated to the technical team to change the details’ !! ……. ffs!
Did you get any further with this, they just ignore my emails now to both the connecteddrive, someone's direct email & to customerrelations. I had better service from Renault when I needed it..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 11:15 AM   #82
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross_ View Post
Did you get any further with this, they just ignore my emails now to both the connecteddrive, someone's direct email & to customerrelations. I had better service from Renault when I needed it..
Hi Ross,
Funny you should ask that now, I actually spoke to the customer services advisor who sent me an e-mail a few weeks ago asking for a scan of pages 1 and 2 of my V5C for proof of date of first registration.
She had been on leave yet had never bothered to acknowledge receipt of that e-mail with the attached scans. I had rang again as I was a little concerned nobody had acknowledged me sending those personal details.
Long story short the 'Technical Team' (whoever the hell they may be) are dealing with a large backlog of incorrect dates that have affected a much larger number of us BMW owners than they had previously thought.
She assured me she would keep an eye on my case and promised to e-mail me when the date had been amended to show the correct one, needless to say I'm not holding my breath!
I just wish the previous CEO of BMW(UK) who was there over the 2010 - 2015 years or so was still there, I knew him personally from events that BMW sponsored and I'd have been e-mailing him...it wouldn't have happened in his day I can tell you!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 12:02 PM   #83
Z_Victor1
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 G22 M440i 👍

BMW 5 Year Service Plan

Guys, can you help with a question for UK based owners?

I've been told various things by dealers recently.
In particular, "BMW no longer sells Service Plans..."

That's not strictly correct as I can see the BMW Pay Monthly Service Plan is still available on their Connected site (£25pm for G22 model).

But can UK based owners still access their 5-year Plan?
That seemed such excellent value, especially when purchased on Black Friday???
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 02:12 PM   #84
barian
Rep

Yes, the 5 year plan is available for UK owners. See : https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/shop/ls/dp/...e_Inclusive_gb
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2022, 03:40 PM   #85
tyranniux
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Yes, the 5 year plan is available for UK owners. See : https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/shop/ls/dp/...e_Inclusive_gb
I've just checked and I'm not eligible for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 05:58 PM   #86
Z_Victor1
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 G22 M440i 👍

Quote:
Tried that link and got Not found....
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 04:10 AM   #87
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

The five year deal is only usually available during black friday. The link will work for those that have signed up.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 07:50 AM   #88
barian
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
The five year deal is only usually available during black friday. The link will work for those that have signed up.
I am not sure that is correct. The link I posted displays Service Inclusive as an option before inviting log-in, so the owner/vehicle status will not be known. And if you read the earlier posts some bought, or were offered the package with the discount and some without (probably because the limitation on numbers had been reached). It is true that for a good time earlier it was shown as not available in the UK.
Appreciate 0