Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Awaiting order - further delays?

11-23-2021, 02:32 AM   #23
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashead76 View Post
Does seem like it's a theme, I also wonder if its our packs, I ticked every box pretty much? I do not believe my build week of 52 is happening, that way I can't be disappointed.... again.
I’m intending to call in at my local dealership today, I’ll see if I can get any information on the current situation with regard to production and delays.
I’ll post what they say once I’ve been.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 02:38 AM   #24
DawleyBMW
Rep
Drives: Mercedes Xclass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranniux View Post
I too placed an order for a G21 M340i in early august and was given a November allocation slot. Went from 20.11.21 delivery to early Nov (6th I think) in beginning and has pushed back 1 week every week for the past 4 or 5 weeks now. Currently being told will be 13th - 19th Dec so with the above being said I'm now expecting to push to next year.

It's almost as if the build date was just being set and pushed every week without any intention of it going into build. I do have a few bits soecced so it could be one of many things holding it but I'm not being told anything which is the frustrating part. It also stinks a little that bmw aren't offering any discount on the comfort plus pack considering there have been options removed, the US have been given discounts because if it I believe.

Sucks but I really want the car so I'm between a rock and a hard place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranniux View Post
I too placed an order for a G21 M340i in early august and was given a November allocation slot. Went from 20.11.21 delivery to early Nov (6th I think) in beginning and has pushed back 1 week every week for the past 4 or 5 weeks now. Currently being told will be 13th - 19th Dec so with the above being said I'm now expecting to push to next year.

It's almost as if the build date was just being set and pushed every week without any intention of it going into build. I do have a few bits soecced so it could be one of many things holding it but I'm not being told anything which is the frustrating part. It also stinks a little that bmw aren't offering any discount on the comfort plus pack considering there have been options removed, the US have been given discounts because if it I believe.

Sucks but I really want the car so I'm between a rock and a hard place.
That turnaround to build a brand new car to your spec seems unbelievable to me in this day and age… I'd say your first build slot date was unrealistic from the get go?
I ordered my G21 first week in November but was ready to order in October only for my sales guy to tell me there's no allocation available until November?
My build slot is end of March….. so that's roughly 5-6months give or take a week 🤯

I also got a price increase when I ordered of around £800…

Wireless charging and touchscreen was deleted and I have been given £500 back

If anything else gets deleted I'll cancel my order 🖕
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 03:18 AM   #25
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M sport 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawleyBMW View Post
That turnaround to build a brand new car to your spec seems unbelievable to me in this day and age… I'd say your first build slot date was unrealistic from the get go?
I ordered my G21 first week in November but was ready to order in October only for my sales guy to tell me there's no allocation available until November?
My build slot is end of March….. so that's roughly 5-6months give or take a week 🤯

I also got a price increase when I ordered of around £800…

Wireless charging and touchscreen was deleted and I have been given £500 back

If anything else gets deleted I'll cancel my order 🖕
First G20 didn't take anywhere near as long, it was only 3 months tops, 2 year ago though.

5,6 even 18 months is okay with me if I was told this at the beginning before I committed, for me it's the delay on delays and the deletions along the way with little communication and the lack of transparency, could and should be handled better even with all the issues BMW and the industry as a whole are facing. Personally feel the customer isn't their top priority.

Last edited by gashead76; 11-23-2021 at 03:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 03:32 AM   #26
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
First G20 didn't take anywhere near as long, it was only 3 months tops, 2 year ago though.

5,6 even 18 months is okay with me if I was told this at the beginning before I committed, for me it's the delay on delays and the deletions along the way with little communication and the lack of transparency, could and should be handled better even with all the issues BMW and the industry as a whole are facing. Personally feel the customer isn't their top priority.

Sadly in my experience never has been despite BMW professing it is.
As I posted at 23 above, I'll see if I can find out anything today.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 03:38 AM   #27
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
[/FONT][/SIZE]

Thanks bmnut

Currently driving G21 M340i Touring
Previous F40 M135i and F31 335d Touring
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 03:39 AM   #28
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
[/FONT][/SIZE]

Unfortunately not many large organisations are customer focused anymore, look forward, actually not looking forward to your post but intrigued in what they tell you.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 03:49 AM   #29
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately not many large organisations are customer focused anymore, look forward, actually not looking forward to your post but intrigued in what they tell you.
No worries heading over there mid morning!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 10:36 AM   #30
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Thought I would call the Genius and see if anything has changed.

Back to scheduled again

Expected delivery date June 2022

What is going on, how can it go from being scheduled to be built in a couple of weeks to now 6 months delayed again?
Do BMW really think this is the way to treat loyal customers

Last edited by P-ToK72; 11-23-2021 at 10:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 11:08 AM   #31
N44RTT
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-ToK72 View Post

Back to scheduled again

What is going on, how can it go from being scheduled to be built in a couple of weeks to now 6 months delayed again?
Jesus! Have you changed your order since placing it at all? What options do you have on the order at the moment?
'15 LCI F30 330d M Sport Plus in EBII
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 11:12 AM   #32
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Back to scheduled again

June 2022 if Germany goes into lockdown we might be getting the lci version at this rate in 2023
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 11:41 AM   #33
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44RTT View Post
Jesus! Have you changed your order since placing it at all? What options do you have on the order at the moment?
Nothing has changed for months...

Options are Tech Pack, M Sport Seats which meant it needed Comfort Plus Pack, Carbon Interior Trim and Pan Roof.

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 11:43 AM   #34
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
June 2022 if Germany goes into lockdown we might be getting the lci version at this rate in 2023
I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I have emailed the Dealership and will be keen to hear what they have to say.

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 11:49 AM   #35
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

So.....been to my local dealership and quizzed my source as to what might be going on.....
Apparently the factories are not just experiencing difficulty in sourcing components that require semi-conductors but other parts required in the manufacture of their vehicles even down to the amount of steel and aluminium they can get their hands on to press body panels, glass for the windows the shape of which obviously vary from vehicle to vehicle, hell even the plastic plugs that cover the 12v outlets in the front cubby and the rear of the transmission tunnel. It seems their build scheduling is very much dependent on what bits are available to build a particular model. Since the factories usually have several model variants in production at any one time, some lines are slowed whilst others may be speeded up again depending on the availability of whatever parts they can get their hands on.
The consequence of all this is that they appear to be looking at the order list and 'cherry picking' from them which cars they can produce and stalling those they can't based on the component availability.
He told me that they were not expecting any of their new car orders appearing much before March 2022 and yet the odd one pops up now and then and almost takes the dealer by surprise.
I asked specifically about G21 M340is at that point in our conversation and he just looked at me as if I'd grown a second head and simply replied...'not a chance'. That however was from his point of view at that dealership and not necessarily a reflection on other dealers allocated stock levels, bearing in mind this was the same dealer that couldn't source my last car because they had no allocation themselves and thought they would be able to swap a slot with another dealer. At the time, it was never going to happen, there were only 6 'speccable' 440is throughout the whole of the UK and no dealer was about to swap one out.
So I'm afraid I haven't been able to bring any uplifting news to the table as a result of my enquiries today other than cars are still being produced by the factories and it seems to be whatever your chosen order spec is depends on whether it will be selected for production. It explains why some cars suddenly go into production whilst others might stick in pre-production longer, there was at least some logic to it.

As an aside he has heard that whilst Tesla are still selling cars they are sending them out minus USB ports with just the holes in the trim and arranging for the new owners to bring them back in to have them retrofitted when stock levels improve!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 11:54 AM   #36
Scottish0177
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340D touring Oxide grey

Quote:

I think we all need to be taking this up with BMW CEO directly and stating our unhappiness at being kept completely in the dark as to why delays are happening with such frequency to orders placed in good faith.
Got to be more to it than chips. Are they deliberately letting our cars slip in the hope we cancel and free up components for other newer cars? Or that we will change order to new 3 series…..I’ve no idea but something smells off.

If anyone has contact details for ceo then let me know and I will start the ball rolling….not impressed
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 12:11 PM   #37
h4bvn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Order new M340i saloon.
Tanzanite
Tech pack
Plus a few other bits.

Yesterday I was told delivery last week of this year. Today I have been told it's pushed back to June.

It's a frustrating situation. I thought right I'll cancel and go used. Prices of used are obviously a joke!! Get way less for your money but could have the car in a week. Then again if I wait for June my px value and there for equity will have dropped so will be paying more anyway!!

Decisions…
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 12:37 PM   #38
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

I am being told week 52 build and with the touchscreen still

I am not expecting this and would be more than surprised if true, I will call genius tomorrow and report back.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 12:43 PM   #39
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I asked specifically about G21 M340is at that point in our conversation and he just looked at me as if I'd grown a second head and simply replied...'not a chance'.

As an aside he has heard that whilst Tesla are still selling cars they are sending them out minus USB ports with just the holes in the trim and arranging for the new owners to bring them back in to have them retrofitted when stock levels improve

Thanks for the info BMnut

M340i still being delivered in the states it looks like if you see the forums with many stuck in quality control?

Tesla is doing it right in my opinion I would rather they supplied with a blanking plate or even a hole and guaranteed to fit once parts were readly available. I am going to snoop on Audi, Tesla and Mercades forums, see what's happening
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 02:27 PM   #40
DawleyBMW
Rep
Drives: Mercedes Xclass

Quote:
So.....been to my local dealership and quizzed my source as to what might be going on.....
Apparently the factories are not just experiencing difficulty in sourcing components that require semi-conductors but other parts required in the manufacture of their vehicles even down to the amount of steel and aluminium they can get their hands on to press body panels, glass for the windows the shape of which obviously vary from vehicle to vehicle, hell even the plastic plugs that cover the 12v outlets in the front cubby and the rear of the transmission tunnel. It seems their build scheduling is very much dependent on what bits are available to build a particular model. Since the factories usually have several model variants in production at any one time, some lines are slowed whilst others may be speeded up again depending on the availability of whatever parts they can get their hands on.
The consequence of all this is that they appear to be looking at the order list and 'cherry picking' from them which cars they can produce and stalling those they can't based on the component availability.
He told me that they were not expecting any of their new car orders appearing much before March 2022 and yet the odd one pops up now and then and almost takes the dealer by surprise.
I asked specifically about G21 M340is at that point in our conversation and he just looked at me as if I'd grown a second head and simply replied...'not a chance'. That however was from his point of view at that dealership and not necessarily a reflection on other dealers allocated stock levels, bearing in mind this was the same dealer that couldn't source my last car because they had no allocation themselves and thought they would be able to swap a slot with another dealer. At the time, it was never going to happen, there were only 6 'speccable' 440is throughout the whole of the UK and no dealer was about to swap one out.
So I'm afraid I haven't been able to bring any uplifting news to the table as a result of my enquiries today other than cars are still being produced by the factories and it seems to be whatever your chosen order spec is depends on whether it will be selected for production. It explains why some cars suddenly go into production whilst others might stick in pre-production longer, there was at least some logic to it.

As an aside he has heard that whilst Tesla are still selling cars they are sending them out minus USB ports with just the holes in the trim and arranging for the new owners to bring them back in to have them retrofitted when stock levels improve!
That's mad!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 02:33 PM   #41
Robtor
Rep
Drives: Bmw m440i

Jeez this thread is scary, I almost don't want to ask my dealer for an update as I suspect the reply will be depressing. Ordered a month ago (m440i), no build date as of yet.

It's crazy how bad things have become, and how badly they can treat us knowing we have no alternatives- we should be grateful they have let us place an order in the first place!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 04:15 PM   #42
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I have looked at a few Audi forums, few Mercedes forums and one Tesla forum... all facing issues but from what I have read nothing like BMW, even retrofitting missing items, debates on when missing items are getting done, possibly could be I haven't delved deep enough or they aren't hitting forums like ourselves?

Last edited by gashead76; 11-23-2021 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 04:26 PM   #43
dpazz
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring LCI

Friend of mine has had a Discovery Sport on order for 5 months and still doesn't have a build slot. I believe Audi and the VAG group in general have performed worse to date.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 04:28 PM   #44
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

Know someone how has just ordered a TTS. Might be April. Or November (2022). No build slot.
Appreciate 0