Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Awaiting order - further delays?

11-23-2021, 04:42 PM   #45
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M sport 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpazz View Post
Friend of mine has had a Discovery Sport on order for 5 months and still doesn't have a build slot. I believe Audi and the VAG group in general have performed worse to date.
Possibly correct not sure what performance measure we are referring to and me looking at some forums isn't scientific at all, I just want to see if they have pages of frustrated peeps posting, looking for half hour while bake off was on, something to do.

I have a friend who just taken delivery of his F type yesterday, 5 months.

Last edited by gashead76; 11-23-2021 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 01:44 AM   #46
Scottish0177
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340D touring Oxide grey

Have written to BMW ceo so let’s see if bmw are customer focussed and reply.

If anyone else wants to complain about lack of communication and transparency on continual slipping of orders then this is the contact

Chris.Brownridge@bmw.co.uk

Edit…don’t have an issue with delays as such as I understand the difficulties, I do have an issue with poor communication hence communication
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 02:03 AM   #47
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish0177 View Post

If anyone else wants to complain about lack of communication and transparency on continual slipping of orders then this is the contact

Edit…don’t have an issue with delays as such as I understand the difficulties, I do have an issue with poor communication hence communication
Perfect, I think i will be following your lead on this one.

Salesman sent me an email last night but was saying wait to see what happens over the next few days / next week as it may settle down and come forwards again.

I will be checking in with the Genius every couple of days though to see what happens next.

Currently driving G21 M340i Touring
Previous F40 M135i and F31 335d Touring
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 02:08 AM   #48
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtor View Post
Jeez this thread is scary, I almost don't want to ask my dealer for an update as I suspect the reply will be depressing. Ordered a month ago (m440i), no build date as of yet.

It's crazy how bad things have become, and how badly they can treat us knowing we have no alternatives- we should be grateful they have let us place an order in the first place!
Funnily enough the dealer I spoke to only had 21 new cars available when they would normally have about 60 or 70, yet 4 of the 21 were 4 series models! That’s despite the fact that BMW have only production facility globally that builds the 4 series coupe, so don’t despair and lose hope just yet!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 02:18 AM   #49
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Quote:

You can't seriously expect anything other than a generic reply saying how difficult things are and your dealer will have the latest information and we're very sorry, yada yada?
I think you're wasting your time, not least because all the dealers are franchises, other than Park Lane.
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 03:19 AM   #50
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-ToK72 View Post

Salesman sent me an email last night but was saying wait to see what happens over the next few days / next week as it may settle down and come forwards again.

I will be checking in with the Genius every couple of days though to see what happens next.
I will call genius sometime this morning and then my Dealer then probably follow your leads but I do not expect much from it, I am Sure all these dealers/franchises are frustrated and have done so already, know I would if I owned one of these franchises.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 03:32 AM   #51
Scottish0177
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
You can't seriously expect anything other than a generic reply saying how difficult things are and your dealer will have the latest information and we're very sorry, yada yada?
I think you're wasting your time, not least because all the dealers are franchises, other than Park Lane.

You are probably right
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 03:34 AM   #52
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-ToK72 View Post

If I had stayed with my local dealer, who has supplied our last five cars, but was already showing signs of the problems now being encountered back in March, then I'd probably be in a similar boat to you guys and fuming just as much so would likely have asked BMW senior management for an explanation.
I do fear 'Xenon's' response above is the most likely you'll receive from BMW however certainly based on my personal past experiences. Still there's no harm in trying to elicit some information because it's no good the dealers saying things like 'leave it a few days and check again' or 'things might change next week', yes they may well do in these turbulent times but in which direction?
My enquiries yesterday whilst not as positive an outcome as I had hoped to be able to relay to you guys did reveal the fact that vehicles are still coming through albeit in a somewhat random fashion in relation to the ordering timelines.
Don't give up hope and don't defect to any rival manufacturers my information suggests other makers are in just as 'bad' a position, some even worse.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 03:43 AM   #53
Scottish0177
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
If I had stayed with my local dealer, who has supplied our last five cars, but was already showing signs of the problems now being encountered back in March, then I'd probably be in a similar boat to you guys and fuming just as much so would likely have asked BMW senior management for an explanation.
I do fear 'Xenon's' response above is the most likely you'll receive from BMW however certainly based on my personal past experiences. Still there's no harm in trying to elicit some information because it's no good the dealers saying things like 'leave it a few days and check again' or 'things might change next week', yes they may well do in these turbulent times but in which direction?
My enquiries yesterday whilst not as positive an outcome as I had hoped to be able to relay to you guys did reveal the fact that vehicles are still coming through albeit in a somewhat random fashion in relation to the ordering timelines.
Don't give up hope and don't defect to any rival manufacturers my information suggests other makers are in just as 'bad' a position, some even worse.
Well said
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 03:47 AM   #54
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Other manufacturers are indeed in similar positions. I tried to order a generic Skoda Octavia for one of our reps the other week - no special electronic gizmos (other than it being a mild-hybrid) and was told September 2022 at the earliest.
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 03:54 AM   #55
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well said
Thanks! Appreciated!
I really do feel for all of you who are waiting for your new cars it must be soul destroying, if it was me in that position I'd probably be heading for a second divorce in the same lifetime!
I sold my F32 440i to a forum member in mid March this year on the promises from our local dealer that they would supply me a car by April/early May at the latest. By the time we got into April it was obvious they had undelivered on expectations so I cancelled my order and managed to source the car I wanted via a broker with another dealer albeit 200 miles away which was built in June and we took delivery of in mid July. Even that was a 4 months (very impatient) wait for my car can't even begin to imagine how I would (not) have coped with a 12 months wait (in between talking to solicitors regarding impending divorce proceedings!).
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2021, 04:00 AM   #56
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Just spoken to Genius my order status 1100 again, interestingly she did say my order is waiting for the next available slot in the factory never had that before I did try to glee more information and she replied with I will need to call back within a day or two for a status change, I wasn't told June 2022 probably will be tomorrow 😀

Last edited by gashead76; 11-24-2021 at 04:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 04:05 AM   #57
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashead76 View Post
Just spoken to Genius my order status 1100 again, interestingly she did say my order is waiting for the next available slot in the factor never had that before I did try to glee more information and she replied with I will need to call back within a day or two for a status change, I wasn't told June 2022 probably will be tomorrow 😀

Keep the faith!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 04:10 AM   #58
user1811
Private
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
Exactly what I was going to say.

At the moment their Q3 profits are higher than expected and their order books are full. So they are laughing.

What will hurt, however, is when people start cancelling orders en masse. Somehow, I don't see that happening.

Yes, they could have handled their communication better, but there isn't much they can do on the shortages issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 04:10 AM   #59
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
[/FONT][/SIZE]

Keep the faith!
Trying
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 04:25 AM   #60
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1811 View Post
Exactly what I was going to say.

At the moment their Q3 profits are higher than expected and their order books are full. So they are laughing.

What will hurt, however, is when people start cancelling orders en masse. Somehow, I don't see that happening.

Yes, they could have handled their communication better, but there isn't much they can do on the shortages issue.
Agree, but what harm can it do

M3/M4 and certain other models doesn't seem to be affected as ourselves (going on this forum and posts), feels like cherry picking (probably is more than that) adds to the frustration though.

I think for the few of us that actually have orders well me anyway has excepted the delays, its getting just a tad frustrating that the delays upon delays is now meaning they are picking parts from my car because of those delays but I still know nothing, other than it goes from no code to 1100 to 1200 to 1100 to no code to 1100, just another ground hog day.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 05:21 AM   #61
Elliston
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3 Series M Sport

My wife has an X1 on order. Ordered in July same time as my G20. Mine arrived on time in Oct (base order G20 with only a paint colour and sun glass protection added), however my wife's has been pushed several times.

I emailed my dealer this week, and to be fair he called me the next day. He said all the worries I mentioned in my email are accurate, and things are tight at the moment. He did however say my wife's car had gone from 111 capacity checked, to 1100 scheduled. I don't know enough about the order system to know if this is a step forward or backwards? Anyone else know if this is a step forward?

Original delivery was planned for start of Nov, now hoping for mid Feb - circa 7 months.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 05:53 AM   #62
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliston View Post
My wife has an X1 on order. Ordered in July same time as my G20. Mine arrived on time in Oct (base order G20 with only a paint colour and sun glass protection added), however my wife's has been pushed several times.

I emailed my dealer this week, and to be fair he called me the next day. He said all the worries I mentioned in my email are accurate, and things are tight at the moment. He did however say my wife's car had gone from 111 capacity checked, to 1100 scheduled. I don't know enough about the order system to know if this is a step forward or backwards? Anyone else know if this is a step forward?

Original delivery was planned for start of Nov, now hoping for mid Feb - circa 7 months.
Assume 111 is when they tell you they have an order but have no schedule, if its like anything as my personal experience until you get that vin number, codes upto then can change at anytime?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 06:53 AM   #63
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Just spoken to Genius my order status 1100 again, interestingly she did say my order is waiting for the next available slot in the factory never had that before I did try to glee more information and she replied with I will need to call back within a day or two for a status change, I wasn't told June 2022 probably will be tomorrow 😀
That sounds more positive for you at least.

I know you have probably gone through your spec before but out of interest what is yours, just trying to get a feel for if there is anything different (or just shite luck) that one may go through the system and another not.

Genius still saying delivery week 25 just now for me

Currently driving G21 M340i Touring
Previous F40 M135i and F31 335d Touring
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 07:05 AM   #64
Scottish0177
Private First Class
Rep

For what it’s worth my specs are

We will maybe see a pattern emerging, although I think there is more to it than just the chip situation.

G21 m340 d touring
Oxide grey
Shadow line plus
Tech pack
Comfort pack
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 07:12 AM   #65
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
For what it’s worth my specs are

We will maybe see a pattern emerging, although I think there is more to it than just the chip situation.

G21 m340 d touring
Oxide grey
Shadow line plus
Tech pack
Comfort pack
It's certainly weird and I also think more to this, chap on this forum only waited 4 months for his M3 and seems to be the average from what I have read on here, I know they are different but how different when we are talking about chips?

G21 M340i
Shadow plus
Tech plus
Comfort
Friggin Lazers
Pan roof
Tow bar
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 07:33 AM   #66
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It's certainly weird and I also think more to this, chap on this forum only waited 4 months for his M3 and seems to be the average from what I have read on here, I know they are different but how different when we are talking about chips?

G21 M340i
Shadow plus
Tech plus
Comfort
Friggin Lazers
Pan roof
Tow bar
Bearing in mind different model variants being built at different production facilities to mainstream models, or at the very least different finishing lines, it may be down to component supply to the factories themselves? As you say not necessarily just down to chip shortages?
Appreciate 0