Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Awaiting order - further delays?

11-25-2021, 04:37 AM   #89
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashead76 View Post
Thanks, I had hoped you had the tech plus, my timeline if it doesn't get delayed any further isn't too far from yours, I also toyed with the sports seats and have changed my mind and would add them but with what's happening I can live with my chosen seats.
I changed my spec back in April when I ordered my car and originally had specced full merino leather but as soon as the dealer made that spec change from the standard sports seats my order changed from 1200 back to unscheduled even back then. In order not to delay the car I just left the standard sports seats specced didn't even try to change to the M Sports seats and the car completed build in June.
Haven't regretted it and for what it's worth we have done several long distance journeys since getting the car over the past 5k miles we've done and have found the seats to be perfectly comfortable to date.
I know some on here have found them uncomfortable (there are other threads on the forum regarding that topic) so I guess it's each to their own!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 06:12 AM   #90
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M sport 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
I changed my spec back in April when I ordered my car and originally had specced full merino leather but as soon as the dealer made that spec change from the standard sports seats my order changed from 1200 back to unscheduled even back then. In order not to delay the car I just left the standard sports seats specced didn't even try to change to the M Sports seats and the car completed build in June.
Haven't regretted it and for what it's worth we have done several long distance journeys since getting the car over the past 5k miles we've done and have found the seats to be perfectly comfortable to date.
I know some on here have found them uncomfortable (there are other threads on the forum regarding that topic) so I guess it's each to their own!
I am not doing anything to delays this anymore than needed, I have the same seats in my car as my next(different colour) I find them exceptionally comfortable it is why I was conflicted when ordering, the optioned sport seats aesthetically look nice and suits the M340i to my eye, argument they should be standard but at the time I didn't think the cost and other toys i wanted warranted me ticking that box, reviews/videos (probably seen everyone online now) I wish I had just ticked that box, I certainly can live without though
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 06:24 PM   #91
m111
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340d Touring

I'm also in the same boat. Ordered my M340d Touring back on the 19th July.
Had most options selected apart from laser lights, and electric seats.
Knew it wasn't coming with wireless charging, lumbar support, or digital key thing.
Was told end of November, then a month ago told it was February/March. This weekend told end of March.
So…over 8 months potentially.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 12:59 AM   #92
DawleyBMW
Rep
Drives: Mercedes Xclass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimo111 View Post
Knew it wasn't coming with wireless charging, lumbar support, or digital key thing.
Was told end of November, then a month ago told it was February/March. This weekend told end of March.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimo111 View Post
That's a right piss take! Kinda feel like my March delivery date is made up to keep me happy after only ordering my car 2 weeks ago with most options ticked ☑️
Or maybe some dealers get priority over others? 🤷*♂️
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 01:56 AM   #93
N44RTT
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawleyBMW View Post
That's a right piss take! Kinda feel like my March delivery date is made up to keep me happy after only ordering my car 2 weeks ago with most options ticked ☑️
It's possible if they had an existing build slot they put your order on. I ordered 3 weeks ago and I was told early March and I confirmed that with the BMW genius. Dealer had a build slot for week 3 next year for a demo car and they managed to put my order on it instead. Obviously date could slip by the time it actually goes into production

If you don't already have a build slot then I don't see that happening
'15 LCI F30 330d M Sport Plus in EBII
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 05:24 AM   #94
DawleyBMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44RTT View Post
Quote:
It's possible if they had an existing build slot they put your order on. I ordered 3 weeks ago and I was told early March and I confirmed that with the BMW genius. Dealer had a build slot for week 3 next year for a demo car and they managed to put my order on it instead. Obviously date could slip by the time it actually goes into production

If you don't already have a build slot then I don't see that happening

If you don't already have a build slot then I don't see that happening[/QUOTE]

How does this BMW Genius work? I have an order number…
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 06:13 AM   #95
N44RTT
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You go on the BMW UK website, scroll all the way down and you should see a dialogue popup appear - when you click on that you should get the option to chat to an advisor. You give them your order number and ask for an update. The main thing you want to know right now is whether your order has an allocated build slot and when is it estimated to go into production.

That chat tool has been a bit temperamental for some in the last few weeks so you might need to try on different occasions until you get to speak to someone. Alternatively, you could just call them.
'15 LCI F30 330d M Sport Plus in EBII
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2021, 09:27 AM   #96
m111
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm just speaking to a chap online now.
He says I'm on 111-capacity check.
Any idea what that means?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 09:41 AM   #97
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

"111 Order booked with quota - transferred to the central system; capacity checked production date is confirmed [Order Received]"

Make of that what you will. Sounds very early days. When did you order?

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1702342
      11-26-2021, 09:46 AM   #98
m111
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
"111 Order booked with quota - transferred to the central system; capacity checked production date is confirmed [Order Received]"

Make of that what you will. Sounds very early days. When did you order?

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1702342
26th July 😂
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 09:49 AM   #99
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Fingers crossed I'm wrong and its further along. You'd hope it've got further than "order received" in 4 months
      11-26-2021, 09:58 AM   #100
m111
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
Fingers crossed I'm wrong and its further along. You'd hope it've got further than "order received" in 4 months
Yeah it's frustrating. Was told October/November initially. Trying to keep an open mind and not jumping to conclusions that I'm being messed around.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 10:04 AM   #101
Elliston
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3 Series M Sport

Same situation as this - code 111 for my wife's car. Ordered early July. Online chap said today schedule build 2nd week of Jan 22.

It's been at this status most of the last 4.5 months.

Who knows though. There is a chunk of time between now and then for changes to take place.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 10:31 AM   #102
DawleyBMW
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You go on the BMW UK website, scroll all the way down and you should see a dialogue popup appear - when you click on that you should get the option to chat to an advisor. You give them your order number and ask for an update. The main thing you want to know right now is whether your order has an allocated build slot and when is it estimated to go into production.

That chat tool has been a bit temperamental for some in the last few weeks so you might need to try on different occasions until you get to speak to someone. Alternatively, you could just call them.
Cheers
It's earlier than I thought
Genius has just told me my build week is 7th February 🙌
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 04:42 AM   #103
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Update... I have been told my Car is going into production in a few weeks, I have no other information other than the dealer and genius confirming it is scheduled and production date confirmed, I will only believe it when I have that vin number as its clear it can change however the information I am getting now hopefully means I am nearing the end of this journey.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 04:52 AM   #104
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Update... I have been told my Car is going into production in a few weeks, I have no other information other than the dealer and genius confirming it is scheduled and production date confirmed, I will only believe it when I have that vin number as its clear it can change however the information I am getting now hopefully means I am nearing the end of this journey.
Thats great news Gashead, hopefully this works out as they have said for you.

My latest is still not so great, called Genius again this morning an it's still sat at Scheduled with anticipated delivery in June.

Still praying for a miracle

Currently driving G21 M340i Touring
Previous F40 M135i and F31 335d Touring
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 05:17 AM   #105
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-ToK72 View Post
Thats great news Gashead, hopefully this works out as they have said for you.

My latest is still not so great, called Genius again this morning an it's still sat at Scheduled with anticipated delivery in June.

Still praying for a miracle
Thank you, hopefully not on here moaning in a few weeks, possible though as we know.

June 2022, nuts when a few above have ordered only a couple of weeks ago and they have builds for February or March (Subject to change).
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 07:04 AM   #106
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Turns out it works on chrome on windows but not on Mac !
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 07:19 AM   #107
user1811
Private
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

This reminded me of the old Mastercard adverts....

"There's Some Things Money Can't Buy."
They should add "a new BMW" to that list
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 07:42 AM   #108
tyranniux
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'll cross my fingers for you but don't get your hopes up, I've been told for past 3 weeks that I've had a confirmed build week but it has still slipped every week so far. This week, as of Wednesday my dealer said that it hasn't moved from last week and my anticipated delivery date is still (as it was last week) 13th - 19th December. I replied and asked if that meant it was in build this week and I haven't had a response yet. I'm expecting more bad news.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 11:53 AM   #109
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranniux View Post
I'll cross my fingers for you but don't get your hopes up, I've been told for past 3 weeks that I've had a confirmed build week but it has still slipped every week so far. This week, as of Wednesday my dealer said that it hasn't moved from last week and my anticipated delivery date is still (as it was last week) 13th - 19th December. I replied and asked if that meant it was in build this week and I haven't had a response yet. I'm expecting more bad news.
Thanks, I am under no illusions, hopefully you have some positive news very soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 01:14 PM   #110
Pipsicles
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xdrive coupe

Does having a VIN mean the car is built?
Appreciate 0