Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA New BMW 3 Series Touring

11-22-2021, 03:24 PM   #1
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

New BMW 3 Series Touring

Looks like BMW has got its hooks into me again.

I have traded by 330i for a G21 3 Series Touring 330i in Tanzanite blue.

More pictures and impressions to follow!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 01:47 AM   #2
westozy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

Every one to their own taste.
But what is the facination with a station wagon over the sedan?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 02:00 PM   #3
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by westozy View Post
Every one to their own taste.
But what is the fascination with a station wagon over the sedan?
Want a bit more room for growing family but would prefer not going down the SUV path.

It's this or an X3, Q5, xc 60, Mazda Cx5 or Lexus NX or going full SUV (say a base Rav 4 or Forester) and buying an 86 or something for fun.

X3 is probably fine but I'm just not drawn to it.

Q5 seemed cheap inside.

The volvo was nice but the drive train is very average.

The Cx5 has a nice drive train but the seat base is super short/uncomfy front seats for a longer legged driver. Overall the cabin is pretty small.

Lexus NX is ancient and is probably pretty average to drive.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 02:27 PM   #4
Airplane
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by erawamai View Post
Looks like BMW has got its hooks into me again.

I have traded by 330i for a G21 3 Series Touring 330i in Tanzanite blue.

More pictures and impressions to follow!
Nice, the ultimate driving machine with the functionality of the station wagon. Congrats! Tanzanite blue is a nice color and nice rims as well. What color have you chosen for the interior?
Appreciate 1
erawamai161.50
      11-23-2021, 03:20 PM   #5
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplane View Post
Nice, the ultimate driving machine with the functionality of the station wagon. Congrats! Tanzanite blue is a nice color and nice rims as well. What color have you chosen for the interior?
I didn't have much of a choice the touring is rare in Aus, so its black. But at least this time I get the HK sound system.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 03:31 PM   #6
Airplane
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 G26

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplane View Post
I didn't have much of a choice the touring is rare in Aus, so its black. But at least this time I get the HK sound system.
Black is timeless. Fits well to almost any exterior color if not all, in my opinion. Also easy to maintain .
Nice that you could add the HK.
This shortage is madness, hopefully will be over soon enough.
Appreciate 1
erawamai161.50
      11-28-2021, 01:45 AM   #7
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Have done a hundred or so after pick up.
  • Interestingly, the Adaptive M sport suspension in the 2021 in comfort mode is definitely softer than my early 2020 I traded. I'd say 15 percent softer. Steering is ever so slightly lighter. Steering wheel is thinner.
  • Also interestingly the M sport seats are more padded. I noticed this immediately. Did a specific market complain that the 2019 and 2020 cars are too hard riding/to hard edged/seats too hard? To me it looks like it.
  • Bridgestone Turanza T005 RFT. Seem alright. Perhaps quieter than the PZ4 on my prior car?
  • Tanzanite blue is very pretty. But it's going to be harder to look after than mineral white.
  • The way the adaptive cruise control shows distance in the head up display is very slightly different. The distance bars are closer together. No idea why.
  • HK is definitely better than the 200w hi fi system. Just better separation. Will probably get better with age. It's not mind blowing but its more enjoyable than the Hi Fi System. The 6 speaker in the X3 must be pretty poor. Part of the reason I went for this instead of an X3 30i.
  • no creaks or rattles from the show room. Always a good sign *Crosses all my fingers*.
Attached Images

Last edited by erawamai; 11-28-2021 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 05:20 PM   #8
texter
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: G21 330i

OP, this colour looks great! Love to get an update from you about how easy or hard it is to maintain? Did you do a build to order?
Appreciate 1
erawamai161.50
      12-01-2021, 06:38 PM   #9
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by texter View Post
OP, this colour looks great! Love to get an update from you about how easy or hard it is to maintain? Did you do a build to order?
Did not build to order but hunted down one that still had adaptive cruise and all the goodies. The only thing missing is lumbar for the passenger. Luckily my passenger doesn't care about that. Bonus that it came with Harman Kardon.

Unfortunately I had to deal a dealer who I had no experience with previously.

The sales process was probably the worst I have ever experienced from a dealer, and in my years I have bought a fair few cars, premium and non premium.

- Incredibly low/insulting trade in offered (and yes, I'm aware its wholesale but the car sales instant offer offered me $7K more (the bloody local Subaru dealer would buy it for more via car sales!). We eventually got to an acceptable wholesale price but it was a PITA and wasted my time.

-Bad faith negotiations. Half truths to my face (I'm not an idiot) Vagueness. ("So is this offer available on this car?" "Oh I don't know. I'll check and get back to you". I know its not but I'd just prefer you say "no" rather than do the shifty 'maybe' when you know its a 'no'.

- Guilt and pressure tactics. Insinuating that's the best for my wife and that she would like me to buy it for her.
- Did not spell my name correctly on the contact.
- Making me jump through hoops I have never had to jump through to qualify for Corporate Servicing, which wastes my time.

At least the car is good/what I wanted.

I can't wait for survey time
Attached Images

Last edited by erawamai; 12-02-2021 at 12:30 AM..
Appreciate 2
baturbo47.50
texter14.50
      12-20-2021, 01:07 AM   #10
Jay328i
Rep
Drives: my15 328

Hey Erawamai,

Congratulations on your purchase! We are after very similar build (e.g. tanzanite blue with min deletions e.g. lumbar only, visibility pack included etc). Would be keen to learn what you ended up negotiating towards a drive away deal... (Will PM you).

On a side note, It's been an absolute pain to deal with dealerships in general.. the caliber of people involved has fallen massively.

Enjoy the ride!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 06:44 PM   #11
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay328i View Post
Hey Erawamai,

Congratulations on your purchase! We are after very similar build (e.g. tanzanite blue with min deletions e.g. lumbar only, visibility pack included etc). Would be keen to learn what you ended up negotiating towards a drive away deal... (Will PM you).

On a side note, It's been an absolute pain to deal with dealerships in general.. the caliber of people involved has fallen massively.

Enjoy the ride!
I practically got $3k off the quote price and 5 years BSI. However, they distorted the figures in the invoice to get to what I wanted on changeover.

I'd expect to pay very close to the quoted amount.

Due to lack of stock negotiations are going to be a complete pain.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 11:50 PM   #12
joe328
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Quote:
Did not build to order but hunted down one that still had adaptive cruise and all the goodies. The only thing missing is lumbar for the passenger. Luckily my passenger doesn't care about that. Bonus that it came with Harman Kardon.

The sales process was probably the worst I have ever experienced from a dealer, and in my years I have bought a fair few cars, premium and non premium.

- Incredibly low/insulting trade in offered (and yes, I'm aware its wholesale but the car sales instant offer offered me $7K more (the bloody local Subaru dealer would buy it for more via car sales!). We eventually got to an acceptable wholesale price but it was a PITA and wasted my time.

-Bad faith negotiations. Half truths to my face (I'm not an idiot) Vagueness. ("So is this offer available on this car?" "Oh I don't know. I'll check and get back to you". I know its not but I'd just prefer you say "no" rather than do the shifty 'maybe' when you know its a 'no'.

- Guilt and pressure tactics. Insinuating that's the best for my wife and that she would like me to buy it for her.
- Making me jump through hoops I have never had to jump through to qualify for Corporate Servicing, which wastes my time.

Which dealer gave you this run around. I bought from Macarther BMW and they were up there with the worst I feel it must be the same dealer
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 04:52 AM   #13
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe328 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Which dealer gave you this run around. I bought from Macarther BMW and they were up there with the worst I feel it must be the same dealer
I'd prefer not to say. But it was one of the biggest. I mean. We got there but it was more stressful than it should have been.

The best/easiest buying experience I've had was Col Crawford BMW, but I think it depends on the salesperson more than anything.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 06:00 PM   #14
DrMilan
Private
Rep
Drives: G01 30i, G20 330i, G05 40i

can i ask what rims / wheels those are? looks absolutely incredible!!
congratulations on the lovely car, those rims make it looks really classy imo.
Appreciate 1
erawamai161.50
      02-17-2022, 10:35 PM   #15
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMilan View Post
can i ask what rims / wheels those are? looks absolutely incredible!!
congratulations on the lovely car, those rims make it looks really classy imo.
Those are 19" BMW 793i Wheels.

Seems like most 330i get 19" BMW 791M Wheels or 19" BMW 793i Wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 06:24 AM   #16
texter
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: G21 330i

Quote:
Those are 19" BMW 793i Wheels.

Seems like most 330i get 19" BMW 791M Wheels or 19" BMW 793i Wheels.
The 791M is the default wheel for 330s so having the 793I definitely makes the car more distinctive!
Appreciate 1
erawamai161.50