Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Ordered a M440i Gran Coupe - Cancelled!

11-25-2021, 06:39 AM   #1
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)

Angry Ordered a M440i Gran Coupe - Cancelled!

My Allocation was cancelled, and deposit refunded!! 😢
Dealer says they don’t know when they will get any more allocations?!

They say they were allocated 43 cars for January, now only 1!!

Anyone else experiencing this?? So sad 😞.
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 08:30 AM   #2
TheKandyman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

When did you order? How long before you were notified?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 09:14 AM   #3
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rocc View Post
My Allocation was cancelled, and deposit refunded!! 😢
Dealer says they don’t know when they will get any more allocations?!

They say they were allocated 43 cars for January, now only 1!!

Anyone else experiencing this?? So sad 😞.
Are you sure your dealer had an allocation? Is it possible that they told you they did and hoped they would get one and when they didn't, told you it was cancelled (which, it was, by the dealership)?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 04:11 PM   #4
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Yeah placed the order about a week before, and allocations were fine, just for them to say the next week that their allocations were cut. and up to today, they still have none.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 08:07 PM   #5
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rocc View Post
Yeah placed the order about a week before, and allocations were fine, just for them to say the next week that their allocations were cut. and up to today, they still have none.
Happening in Canada across different manufacturers/dealerships. Targets are being lowered so not surprising to see someone getting their order cancelled due to a cut in allocations.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 02:52 PM   #6
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Rep
Drives: 2022 Audi S5 Sportback

is the gran coupe even available in Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Happening in Canada across different manufacturers/dealerships. Targets are being lowered so not surprising to see someone getting their order cancelled due to a cut in allocations.
I couldn't get my dealer to quote, don't see it on the BMW Canada website.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 03:00 PM   #7
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Sorry, wasn't directly referring to the G26. Was speaking in general for the entire lineup - monthly targets are being lowered because dealers are getting less cars due to allocation adjustments.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 03:04 PM   #8
TheKandyman
First Lieutenant
Rep

Lowered targets - wondering if this means more shortages that BMW can’t simply delete from the build, or is BMW changing its approach to do fewer builds but with nothing deleted.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 07:38 AM   #9
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKandyman View Post
Lowered targets - wondering if this means more shortages that BMW can’t simply delete from the build, or is BMW changing its approach to do fewer builds but with nothing deleted.
Very good question, not sure.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 10:56 AM   #10
Ajaxxn
Jax
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Gran Coupe xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKandyman View Post
Lowered targets - wondering if this means more shortages that BMW can't simply delete from the build, or is BMW changing its approach to do fewer builds but with nothing deleted.
Hopefully that is the case…I've had to cancel my last order due to a deletion. I'm on my second order now (If I'm paying top dollar for a car, I want it delivered exactly how I specked it)…So far so good (Keeping my fingers crossed).
      12-05-2021, 07:58 PM   #11
DerekS
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 M Sport

G26 arrived in Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
Within the past 10 days, my Vancouver dealer has received four GCs, all of them with the Individual Package which includes 20" Individual Style M862 bi-colour alloys with Goodyear Performance RFTs. These 20" wheels and tires would likely provide a very stiff ride over rough pavement. Furthermore, a weight gain of 201 lbs. for the GC compared to M340ix will negatively impact acceleration and braking.

No adaptive suspension ordered on these GCs and no Laser lights !!!! Rear seat head room and legroom less than M340ix. Also harder to get in and out of the rear seat compared to G20. Rearward visibility from the GC driver's seat is very limited ! IMO, the GC looks best in a dark colour, otherwise fussy styling looking details front and rear are too prominent.

My conclusion in comparing the G26-M440ix to the G20-M340ix is that the latter offers a superior package, unless the GC hatchback feature is a deciding factor.

Last edited by DerekS; 12-05-2021 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
BMR_CK35.00
      12-06-2021, 10:34 AM   #12
TheKandyman
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
Within the past 10 days, my Vancouver dealer has received four GCs, all of them with the Individual Package which includes 20" Individual Style M862 bi-colour alloys with Goodyear Performance RFTs. These 20" wheels and tires would likely provide a very stiff ride over rough pavement. Furthermore, a weight gain of 201 lbs. for the GC compared to M340ix will negatively impact acceleration and braking.

No adaptive suspension ordered on these GCs and no Laser lights !!!! Rear seat head room and legroom less than M340ix. Also harder to get in and out of the rear seat compared to G20. Rearward visibility from the GC driver's seat is very limited ! IMO, the GC looks best in a dark colour, otherwise fussy styling looking details front and rear are too prominent.

My conclusion in comparing the G26-M440ix to the G20-M340ix is that the latter offers a superior package, unless the GC hatchback feature is a deciding factor.
I don't think this is the right thread for doing a G26 GC vs G20 sedan comparison, but I'll respond briefly.
  • If you don't like what the dealer has in stock, just order yours. I've found most dealerships will order mid-level specs with eye catchy things and avoid the options people don't see - like adaptive suspension.
  • Weight difference is actually 190lbs (3979 for the M340ix vs 4169 for the M440ix GC). You won't notice this in normal driving. Does your car drive slower with your buddy in it? You'll notice 190lbs if you are racing or doing timed runs. Plus if you want to get picky about weight, also look at weight distribution. It is better on the G26. On the M340ix, it is 53.4/46.6. On the M440ix GC, it is 52.1/47.9.
  • Yes, the G26 GC has less rear headroom and it is slightly more difficult for an average sized adult (or big person) to get into the rear seats than the G20 sedan. Vehicles with a sloping headline (coupe) generally have this issue with rear ingress. You buy them for the looks, and that is exactly why I ordered the car. I like the G20 sedan but there's nothing about its exterior that draws you in. I find the G26 GC more distinctive.

Last edited by TheKandyman; 12-06-2021 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 08:36 PM   #13
ham340
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxxn View Post
Hopefully that is the case…I've had to cancel my last order due to a deletion. I'm on my second order now (If I'm paying top dollar for a car, I want it delivered exactly how I specked it)…So far so good (Keeping my fingers crossed).
Were you able to order a different dealer to get an allocation? I I believe BMW Canada will also be raising prices for new build starting in January.
Appreciate 0