Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals 2019 Geneva Autoshow: BMW M340i with M Performance Parts

03-07-2019, 10:22 AM   #89
Jvciuccio
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Grand Coupe

Still looks over done to me. The red is hideous especially on the dash. The sides look like a 16 yo kid designed it.
Appreciate 1
lcs195636.00
      03-07-2019, 10:47 AM   #90
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvciuccio View Post
Still looks over done to me. The red is hideous especially on the dash. The sides look like a 16 yo kid designed it.
Have to agree on this one, this car has wayyyy too much going on with it and is very noisy. That being said, I think a lot of it is due to its spec.
Alpine White M Sport with a few less bolt ons would look excellent. And losing the red interior.
      03-07-2019, 11:35 AM   #91
Jdubya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i

Aftermarket grill manufacturers will make a fortune.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 12:14 PM   #92
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by HODLM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
The car looks great, but all that silly M badging needs to go.
The majority of the population won't notice the difference between M performance and M cars. BMW is trying to capitalize on those customers that want an M car but don't want to pay the M premium.
I understand the "why". Just saying I don't agree with it. It dilutes the M brand.

It's not much different than people who stick non matching M badges to regular BMW's. The people they are trying to impress can spot a fake instantly, and the people who can't spot the difference don't know what the M is to begin with.
It does I agree. But I think bmw weighed the pros and cons of doing this and decided the pros won.
      03-07-2019, 12:15 PM   #93
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Yes. For the record BMW is copying what Mercedes has done with their fake AMG abominations with a slew of their own abominations.
Oh yeah that's obvious. So is Audi with their BS S line.
      03-07-2019, 12:26 PM   #94
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonoxX View Post
Ouch...
BMW is really having bad times. I won't talk about mechanics (turbo engines, XDrive...) as this is just how it is today and we'll have to live with it and I must even admit that it has some advantages.

Lets start with the interior: to me, it looks empty, I really appreciate the interior of F series much more. Not talking about that red leather (I really find it ugly), but I think it's more a matter of taste. I feel like not much effort has been put into it: it's just a "purified" F series interior. Also, I prefered the F series sport steering wheel, with the round airbag. BMW always made round wheels which were just fine, and now they try to put a flat bottom... Next generation will be even worse regarding that.

Then, look at the back of the car... Who said Alfa? No... Trust me, there is a BMW badge on it. But to me it looks like the Alfa designer who worked on the back of the Giulia (which is rad, btw), made an internship at Audi for a while and then came to BMW with "ideas". And look at those "integrated" exhaust pipes. No, really, just no. It's supposed to be a sporty daily, not an average diesel car.

Front of the car... Should I even talk about this? That kidney grille looks like a Chinese copy of the nice one Mercedes does. That front end really looks too high and too short. I'm not really sure I'm able to explain it, but it just looks silly. Come on, designers, go back to work.

Side / profile: well. There's not much to say, but to me it looks much more like a Mercedes or even an Alfa than an BMW. Also, that's not a proper 3 series: it looks much more like a 4 Gran Coupé than a proper sedan. Also, who decided that this wheel size / tyre profile combination was OK with that ride height?

I admit that I wasn't really in love with F series, but they were beautiful and desirable cars. This one looks unfinished to me, and definitely not the refined and sporty looking car I expect a BMW to be.
Can't say I agree with everything here, but your sentiments are generally valid. I don't think BMW's ever been the brand that made the "lookers." However, the styling always aged really, really well. I think that's the biggest issue with this one. I don't think it will age well.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 12:43 PM   #95
Tsilly
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubya View Post
Aftermarket grill manufacturers will make a fortune.
👍🏿
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 02:08 PM   #96
HODLM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2/AW/6MT; '16 X5 Hybrid

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The car looks great, but all that silly M badging needs to go.
The majority of the population won't notice the difference between M performance and M cars. BMW is trying to capitalize on those customers that want an M car but don't want to pay the M premium.
I understand the "why". Just saying I don't agree with it. It dilutes the M brand.

It's not much different than people who stick non matching M badges to regular BMW's. The people they are trying to impress can spot a fake instantly, and the people who can't spot the difference don't know what the M is to begin with.
It does I agree. But I think bmw weighed the pros and cons of doing this and decided the pros won.
Here's to the "Pros"!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50
      03-07-2019, 07:23 PM   #97
bobloblaw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
It is me, or the simplicity of the whole dash design resulted in an ugly old looking central console?
The red inserts should not interfere with the central console block, which also should flow as per previous BMW specific cockpit design like in the 8 Series.
That radio unit looks like an afterthought and is terrible.
I don not like it.
That giant blank rectangle just above the shifter messes up the flow too IMO. I'm sure there's a lot of storage in there, but it's just a gigantic square shaped thing staring you in the face lol

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 11:14 PM   #98
BimmerFix
Major
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw View Post
That giant blank rectangle just above the shifter messes up the flow too IMO. I'm sure there's a lot of storage in there, but it's just a gigantic square shaped thing staring you in the face lol

Yeah but who really drives with that compartment closed anyways. Your always using that area for personell items, phone, wallet, coffee,glasses water, etcc . It goes on forever. My E class has the same type of look, a bunch of cars really. I’m sure it looks perfecty normal when open and/or utulized.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 12:44 PM   #99
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Definitely a lot going on for a non-M car (probably even if it were an M car). Wheel design is nice, but 20s will be harsh. Spacers are a must. As nice as the fit and finishes are, the M Performance Package screams poser.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 12:33 AM   #100
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
That is one ugly car!
Go ahead.. nit pic it death you guys. (Not singling you out Cadilac). The grill, yea I'm not sure about that yet either . But that is one bad ass four-door sedan. Thank you BMW for building cars like that. I just wish they would quit stealing parts from my $100,000 M3 CS. 😫
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 03:44 PM   #101
Desborough
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Dinan

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuibmw View Post
I do not know why some of the pics here remind me of my Sparkling Graphite E90
Had a Sparkling Graphite E93. What an awesome color with that purple hue to it in certain light
      03-30-2019, 09:09 AM   #102
bforbrian
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 x40i

These images are flooding the internet and social media, but I can't seem to grasp what color they actually are... does anyone know?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2019, 05:38 PM   #103
Dutt1113
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i xdrive

This is suppose to be the Full Merino Leather Interior. Is the highlighted area above also leather covered?