Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Anybody tempted by a 330e?

07-05-2019, 05:34 AM   #23
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by snusnu View Post
No delivery date yet - still waiting for the final confirmation, but I presume September/October latest - my Mondeo lease expires 14/10 so would be perfect timing

My spec:

BMW 3 SERIES SALOON (2019) 330e M Sport 4dr Auto

Accessories
M Sport plus pack - 3 Series Saloon 330e
Aluminium Tetragon interior trim
Metallic - Mineral grey
Vernasca leather - Black with grey stitching
Driving assistant professional pack - 3 Series
Extended storage pack with USB - 3 Series Saloon
Harman/Kardon loud speaker system
Ha, pretty much exactly the same spec I'm thinking of, apart from colour differences and I'm likely to go for the driver/passenger lumber support. Although if the M Sport ride is ok on standard 18" I might ditch the Sport Plus pack and go for comfort and tech packs. M Sport Plus does look so much better though... :-)
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 06:47 AM   #24
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e (g20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Ha, pretty much exactly the same spec I'm thinking of, apart from colour differences and I'm likely to go for the driver/passenger lumber support. Although if the M Sport ride is ok on standard 18" I might ditch the Sport Plus pack and go for comfort and tech packs. M Sport Plus does look so much better though... :-)
yeah, I think you still get lumbar support, just nor that adjustable as in that comfort pack :/

still, sport seats should be fine
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 10:14 AM   #25
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
yeah, I think you still get lumbar support, just nor that adjustable as in that comfort pack :/

still, sport seats should be fine
Ah do you, I will check at the dealer tomorrow as I'd rather have the USB pack if there is some lumbar adjustment, even if manual. Can't believe they don't fit nets on the back of the front seats as standard, almost like the days of my first BMW, a 1994 318i SE where I had to buy the stereo... :-)
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 03:05 AM   #26
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ah do you, I will check at the dealer tomorrow as I'd rather have the USB pack if there is some lumbar adjustment, even if manual. Can't believe they don't fit nets on the back of the front seats as standard, almost like the days of my first BMW, a 1994 318i SE where I had to buy the stereo... :-)
that storage pack with 3 USB is very cheap option to go with - 180 gbp if not mistaken.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 05:14 AM   #27
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
that storage pack with 3 USB is very cheap option to go with - 180 gbp if not mistaken.
There is no lumbar adjustment at all unless you go for the option. Having said that I found the seats really comfortable (albeit just on for a 30 minute drive) so I think I'll just copy your spec completely ;-) Might go for one of the wood interior trim options, wasn't that taken by the standard M Sport Tetragon trim, looked a bit naff IMO.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 03:25 AM   #28
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep

well, I will survive without the lumbar adjustment as these are sport seats.
I think for lumbar adjustment you have to go with regular, non-sport seats.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 04:22 AM   #29
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Have to say, I'm tempted.

Waiting on confirmation from BMW but the website indicates non-RFT versions will do 41 (via WLTP) which puts it into 8% BIK for 2020/21, basically around £120/month tax for a 40% tax payer (vs. £400-500 for a 330i). So all up from my fleet company I can get a circa £45k car for under £500/month "all in" whether standard M Sport or M Sport Plus. No way you can get that with a private purchase.

Range on the new version is meant to be 15-20 miles more than the old one, new version of the 2.0i turbo engine will be more fuel efficient, car weighs less.

Most of the time I just potter around these days, even on the motorway sitting in the inside lane. If I want to boot it then 290 BHP is more effective than a Prius :-)

Let's face it, we're at the start of the electric car revolution and V2 is going to be far from perfect but pending a drive in a 320d to check out suspension/wheel options/comfort I think I'm going to give it a try.

Will just have to order a roof box... ;-)
Just ordered a 330e, due for delivery mid September according to BMW Genius.

Paying 41% tax plus lower bandings in Scotland makes you focus on the battery range. Certainly it is very reasonable compared to my current Mercedes C300h.

The M Sport I have opted for has 18' non run flats so should qualify for the 41 mile 8% next year. Although I get differing answers from BMW as to whether it does.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 05:04 AM   #30
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackers View Post
Just ordered a 330e, due for delivery mid September according to BMW Genius.

Paying 41% tax plus lower bandings in Scotland makes you focus on the battery range. Certainly it is very reasonable compared to my current Mercedes C300h.

The M Sport I have opted for has 18' non run flats so should qualify for the 41 mile 8% next year. Although I get differing answers from BMW as to whether it does.
So BMW clarified the BIK to me last week, only the 330e SE (on 17" wheels) has the 8% BIK, all other models are 12%. Their website is completely misleading, I also interpreted that a standard M Sport on 18" non-RFT would be 8% but apparently not... Did you manage to get a test drive on an M Sport with 18" non-RFT? I found it pretty bumpy.

How have you found your c300h? I had a 300h AMG estate a few years ago, I think BIK was 13% at the start (2015) but rapidly ramped up :-( A nice car and I used to average mid 50's MPG but it was terribly unreliable, I only ran it for 20k miles but it went through two hybrid batteries and lots of other stuff broke. Hoping the BMW will be more reliable but they don't seem to be doing so well here either these days...
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2019, 09:50 AM   #31
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the confirmation regarding the 41 miles. I had originally opted for the SE with 17 inch in silver but the M Sport with the option of blue was too tempting . So will just pay the higher tax but worth it I think.

My current C300h is about £330 tax, the M Sport £220 and the SE £110, so regardless once the 330e arrives the tax reduces plus it is a better car.

My C300h is an estate too, just reached the end of its 4 year lease. No real problems, the brakes failed once, which was unnerving, luckily going up a car park ramp. The only other problem was the sunroof coming off its rails. Took three weeks to get parts so ended up in a BMW 335d courtesy of Mercedes Uk which was a fun experience and helped influence my choice of the 330e. The biggest disappointment with the C300h wAs the ride and handling. It is a heavy car, about 150kg than the 330e, that along with comfort suspension that let it wallow around made it little fun to drive. Very poor that you had to have so much done to your Mercedes, two new batteries must have cost Mercedes a lot to replace plus the hassle for you

I have only tested a 330i with 19 inch wheels and adaptive so the 330e with 18 inch without adaptive may be a touch hard. My only other experience is our other car which is a 420d with 19 inch which is definitely too hard, particularly on the cobbles that we have in Edinburgh.

Have you gone for the adaptive?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #32
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation regarding the 41 miles. I had originally opted for the SE with 17 inch in silver but the M Sport with the option of blue was too tempting . So will just pay the higher tax but worth it I think.

My current C300h is about £330 tax, the M Sport £220 and the SE £110, so regardless once the 330e arrives the tax reduces plus it is a better car.

My C300h is an estate too, just reached the end of its 4 year lease. No real problems, the brakes failed once, which was unnerving, luckily going up a car park ramp. The only other problem was the sunroof coming off its rails. Took three weeks to get parts so ended up in a BMW 335d courtesy of Mercedes Uk which was a fun experience and helped influence my choice of the 330e. The biggest disappointment with the C300h wAs the ride and handling. It is a heavy car, about 150kg than the 330e, that along with comfort suspension that let it wallow around made it little fun to drive. Very poor that you had to have so much done to your Mercedes, two new batteries must have cost Mercedes a lot to replace plus the hassle for you

I have only tested a 330i with 19 inch wheels and adaptive so the 330e with 18 inch without adaptive may be a touch hard. My only other experience is our other car which is a 420d with 19 inch which is definitely too hard, particularly on the cobbles that we have in Edinburgh.

Have you gone for the adaptive?
Ha, sunroof coming off its rails!? I had that too, I think. It got stuck partially closed on one side and open on the other. I had to get it recovered for fear of the glass shattering, we were 150 miles away from home in Derbyshire at the time!? It also took 3-4 weeks to get fixed, I had to made do with a manual Passat, with no cruise that I had to pick up from Manchester airport, you did well!? :-)

Also had the electric boot fail, the central locking play up, water in the rear lights, the Command system used to reboot every week or so (they never fixed that) and yep the original battery only lasted 10k miles and the replacement similar, it basically stopped going into electric drive at all, despite the diagnostic “computer” saying it was all fine. I quite liked the AMG suspension set up but yes, it wasn’t a car you could hassle too much. Interesting that they’ve stopped making it. For some reason the current C-class is way expensive on our car list, mine had the Premium Plus pack but now all I could get would be a C220d spec’d to the same. Can only assume depreciation/discounting is hitting the residuals. Anyway, I wouldn’t get another one given my reliability issues!? I also ran a 2004 c270CDI that was even more unreliable but my 2008 CLS 320CDi (with Brabus :-) ) was great. Go figure...

Yeah I’ve reluctantly gone for the M Sport Plus pack to get adaptive. I’d rather have spent the money on a sunroof and keyless entry but to be fair they do look good and all indications are that it sorts out the ride, I’ve not actually tried one. Have managed to squeeze in the HK audio, storage pack, some wood trim and Driver Pro assistance before hitting my company’s uplift limit!? I’ve also gone for the blue, with the tan interior to try and lighten things up. Was contemplating the orange but I think it might grate after a while. I’m gonna get complaints from the kids when it arrives, they’ve been used to a panoramic roof on our last 3 cars and the charcoal headlining will make it feel dark. They’ll have to suck it up and revel in the eco-ness...

I was only paying £200/month BIK tax when I first got the 300h, they’ve really hoiked up the %. At least M Sport BIK should drop a bit in 2020/21 :-) I’m still not 100% convinced on what BMW have told me...
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2019, 01:29 AM   #33
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Sounds like the sunroof was a common problem for Mercedes, mine came off one side too. The garage stated the car was no longer weather proof! But I do like the panoramic glass roof so have opted for the sunroof for the 330e, plus have memory seats in the Merc so glad that came in the Premium pack too. I hope your family doesn't miss the roof too much, having the extra glass in the back of the Merc was a bonus. They do get their own climate controls at least.

You are right about the ride and I almost went for the Plus to get adaptive but it took the car outside my company car banding so hope the 18' and non RF will still give a good compromise. In contrast I could get a C300 4 matic Premium Plus with air suspension in my banding but the tax was nearly £600 per month. The C300de has yet to appear on the fleet company app.

I always opt for silver, if only for ease of maintenance/cleaning, but oddly the M Sport doesn't have it as an option so it was a choice between the blue and orange and went for the blue, although I think there will be a lot about, it being the G20 'colour' . Should be interesting to see it parked next to our 420 which is rocksnapper blue, a striking colour, particularly in the sunshine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 04:51 AM   #34
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep

hah. that's why, for the maintenance purposes, I opted for the Mineral Grey
Currently I have Mondeo Hybrid in very similar, dark grey colour.. so what can I say - Car wash? No, never heard
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 05:35 AM   #35
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep

coming back to the dates:

Order date: 03.07.2019 via Corporate website.
Call from the BMW dealership (Sytner Nottingham) on 09.07.2019 confirming all trims and options and
stating delivery date 14.10.2019

My current lease of Mondeo expires 14.10.2019.

Perfect timing
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 09:05 AM   #36
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
hah. that's why, for the maintenance purposes, I opted for the Mineral Grey
Currently I have Mondeo Hybrid in very similar, dark grey colour.. so what can I say - Car wash? No, never heard
😊sensible colour choice, always looks good.
October not long to go and syncs nicely with your current car.

My lease finished on 1st July but as I only have run up 40k miles on a 60k, 4 year lease I have managed to keep the C300h until the BMW arrives.

BMW Genius has confirmed that my order is:-
'Assembly is expected in late August and arrival at your BMW Centre in mid September.' Although it then needs to go to Ogilvie Fleet for final checks before I can collect it from Stirling . So looking at last week of September hopefully.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 01:20 PM   #37
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

My lease finished on 1st July but as I only have run up 40k miles on a 60k, 4 year lease I have managed to keep the C300h until the BMW arrives.

'Assembly is expected in late August and arrival at your BMW Centre in mid September.' Although it then needs to go to Ogilvie Fleet for final checks before I can collect it from Stirling . So looking at last week of September hopefully.
Is Genius an app/website or a person? I noticed they now have BMW Genius people at the dealership. Presumably to know all the things about the cars that the sales folks don't... :-)

I placed my order with the leasing company on Wednesday, now waiting for an order date :-)
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 12:15 AM   #38
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Is Genius an app/website or a person? I noticed they now have BMW Genius people at the dealership. Presumably to know all the things about the cars that the sales folks don't... :-)

I placed my order with the leasing company on Wednesday, now waiting for an order date :-)

I t is a service BMW provide via the UK website. If you start building a new BMW a box will pop up asking if you want to chat to or contact a BMW Genius. If you have your order number they can give you a status update on your BMW as well answer any other questions you may have.

I ended chatting to a helpful chap called Adam who after giving me the status of my order then gave advice about running the 330e which he emailed a copy of after the chat finished
Appreciate 1
tricky6239.50
      07-13-2019, 12:36 AM   #39
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

BMW Genius 330e running advice

I have an order number 4783318, are you able to tell me the status of the order please
Adam
09:02: Hi James. You're through to Adam at the BMW Genius Team. Thanks for your question.
Can you confirm the model for me please?
James
09:04: Sure Adam, it is a G20 330e M Sport
Adam
09:04: Great! This is the first new 330e order I've seen. Your order has been scheduled by the plant but is yet to go into build.
Assembly is expected in late August and arrival at your BMW Centre in mid September.

Adam
09:12: would you like some tips for maximising the benefit of the hybrid drive train?

Adam
09:19: Okay, there are 3 main things to do to give you the best efficiency.

Adam
09:19: Firstly, charge the car wherever possible as often as possible.

09:21: Secondly, pre-condition the vehicle before every journey, this heats the battery cells up to optimum temperature ensuring a greater range. It also warms the cabin up for you in the winter which is great. This can be done from the BMW Connected app on your phone and you can set up to 2 recurring times.

09:22: Thirdly, always use navigation, even if you take the same journey from home to work everyday. The computer will examine the navigation and traffic data to determine when is best to use electric power and when to save it.

09:30: Thanks for contacting the BMW Genius team today. If you require any further information, then please do chat with us again. Have a wonderful day!
Appreciate 1
tricky6239.50
      07-13-2019, 01:45 AM   #40
Timbo8000
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e w/M Sport Plus

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
09:22: Thirdly, always use navigation, even if you take the same journey from home to work everyday. The computer will examine the navigation and traffic data to determine when is best to use electric power and when to save it.
I was told this the other day, the advice I got was; if making a round trip to somewhere you know you won’t be able to charge, add the full trip to the navigation so the car knows to keep some battery for the return journey. That sounded like a good idea but a bit of a pain to do every day, maybe. Then it occurred to me to use BMW Routes to make a route of my journey to work and back and save it to the car, then I just have to call it up and I’m all set.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 02:35 PM   #41
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep

i wonder if arval page will give me the right order number. all i have:
Acquisition ID = 7 digit number, starts with 1
Order ferefence = empty
Quote reference = quote number
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 01:20 AM   #42
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
i wonder if arval page will give me the right order number. all i have:
Acquisition ID = 7 digit number, starts with 1
Order ferefence = empty
Quote reference = quote number
The order number should only be seven digits so that may be correct, ask the BMW Genius service. I have an email and phone number for them if that helps
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 04:40 AM   #43
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The order number should only be seven digits so that may be correct, ask the BMW Genius service. I have an email and phone number for them if that helps
could you share email, please?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 09:32 AM   #44
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
could you share email, please?
Sure 👍

Email : bmwgeniussupport@bmw.co.uk
Appreciate 0