Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) G20 Heated Seats RetroFit

01-09-2024, 01:27 PM   #1
zenoclutch
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 330XI

G20 Heated Seats RetroFit

I’m looking to swap my interior seats. Rear and front seats with heated ones cause the ones that came with my car didn’t have them. Has anyone done this and if so is it plug and play with the center console pieces with the heated buttons??
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2024, 03:49 PM   #2
scotes
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

I am curious about this as well. I have a 2020 M340i with heated front seats and would like to add the heated rears. Ii’ve got everything else in the car and don’t remember why I didn’t do it when I ordered it to begin with.

I’ve done some digging on RealOEM with respect to parts and I can not find any differentiation in either the front or rear seats with respect to being heated or not - the only differentiation is sport/not sport and color. Added to that the only other part differentiations I could find were in the rear climate control module - wither with or without the heated seats button - and the ECU Control Module (part#61357490465) which is the same if you have front heated seats and with or without rear heated seats.

So couple that with the recent seat heating subscription test they did maybe they are making all of the seats with the heating hardware there and it just needs the correct module and button assembly and to be coded. Relatively speaking the heated seats upgrade was a small expense compared to some other options so thinking this may be it. Would love to hear anyone else’s opinion/findings on this.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 04:27 PM   #3
CaleCro
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 ///M340i xDrive

Garage List
regarding wire loom for rear seats, do we need to ad something additional, pt no will be good to have
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 07:11 PM   #4
Delighted_Jester
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaleCro View Post
regarding wire loom for rear seats, do we need to ad something additional, pt no will be good to have
There is no wiring harness part #. However youll need 2 seat heating control boxes (not ECUs) which carry part # 921646802. Ista shows youll need to wire them to the rear fuse box and BDC. Not sure if the rear panel control panel harness would be pre-wired for heated seats.
Appreciate 0