Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics If you have a Match amp…you need to have a remote tune done by Nick Apicella

02-29-2024, 07:49 PM   #1
deathmetal666
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

If you have a Match amp…you need to have a remote tune done by Nick Apicella

For anyone who hasn’t been happy with their Match or Helix DSP tune, I have the solution for you.

So…I had upgraded my X3 with a Bimmertech Match10up, Morel IR mid and tweets and Morel under seats subs.
Bimmertech didn’t have a tune for the Morels, so I reach out to Nick Apicella with Resonix to do a remote DSP tune for me.
https://resonixsoundsolutions.com/

In the past, I had a 12K fully active system in my F30, installed and tuned by a very well respected installer. I then had the DSP tuned multiple times by a who’s who of car audio. I won’t name names….

All I will say, is Nick blows them all away. He did this is 2.5 hours by controlling my laptop and me holding a
u-mik2 once in a while to capture pink noise for measurements.

I have very particular taste in sound. When Nick completed his tune, which 95% of most people would love, I told him I like lots of mid bass bloom and warmth, and soft rolled off treble.

5 min later he tweaked the tune and had the sound I was after.
Not one DSP tuner I worked in the past with was able to do this so effortlessly.
And he did this all without hearing a note being played from my speakers. Pretty incredible.
Appreciate 2
      03-01-2024, 11:16 PM   #2
I800C0LLECT
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Nick is fairly amazing. Science wins. If you follow the data then you can have a great sounding vehicle
Appreciate 0