Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Harman Kardon niggles

01-10-2021, 07:34 AM   #89
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidoff86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer5to3 View Post
Well after another visit to the dealer, I was told eventually that they could identify the fault. The bad news is that it requires a new amplifier, but said amplifier isn't available yet and they can't tell me when I'll get one. That on top of various other issues I've had with the car means I'm now going down the rejection route. Shame really, as the G20 is a cracking car when all is working well. It's full of bugs though, and as a very loyal BM owner I have to say this will be my last in a while.
While BMW UK look at my case, I'm considering my options (and none of them have a blue and white roundel on the front).

Will keep everyone updated as to what happens.
That's not true, they can order it. It's 1100 quid for the dealer ( non refundable) and it takes 5 days from Germany.

Ring the parts department your self and find out availability.
Part number is 65 12 5 A38 AB8
Thanks for this.

Apparently it's a new part, as in a completely new amp they're using now because of faults with the old one, and it's not available in stock yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 07:47 AM   #90
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well after another visit to the dealer, I was told eventually that they could identify the fault. The bad news is that it requires a new amplifier, but said amplifier isn't available yet and they can't tell me when I'll get one. That on top of various other issues I've had with the car means I'm now going down the rejection route. Shame really, as the G20 is a cracking car when all is working well. It's full of bugs though, and as a very loyal BM owner I have to say this will be my last in a while.
While BMW UK look at my case, I'm considering my options (and none of them have a blue and white roundel on the front).

That's not true, they can order it. It's 1100 quid for the dealer ( non refundable) and it takes 5 days from Germany.

Thanks for this.

Apparently it's a new part, as in a completely new amp they're using now because of faults with the old one, and it's not available in stock yet.
Yes, the part number I provided is the new replacement, that's been available since the start of December. People are having it installed and fixing this issues:

See this post :

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8;postcount=12
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2021, 08:00 AM   #91
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for this.

Yes, the part number I provided is the new replacement, that's been available since the start of December. People are having it installed and fixing this issues:

See this post :

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8;postcount=12
Thanks so much for this - really helpful. I'll get a note across to BMW UK tomorrow. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 08:21 AM   #92
Jackrack
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Thanks so much for this - really helpful. I'll get a note across to BMW UK tomorrow. Cheers
Have a read back of a few pages too, BMW replaced my amp and fixed all the issues above.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 12:23 PM   #93
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrack View Post
Quote:
Have a read back of a few pages too, BMW replaced my amp and fixed all the issues above.

Cheers
Yeah I saw that - thanks. They've acknowledged there's a fault and needs a replacement amp, but the dealer said it wasn't available to order and couldn't tell me when it could be fixed.

It's in the hands of BMW UK now anyway, so I'm just waiting to hear back now.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 03:37 AM   #94
Jackrack
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Yeah I saw that - thanks. They've acknowledged there's a fault and needs a replacement amp, but the dealer said it wasn't available to order and couldn't tell me when it could be fixed.

It's in the hands of BMW UK now anyway, so I'm just waiting to hear back now.
I guess some dealers have some in stock waiting, others need to order in. What a pain.

Third world problems, we all know but annoying nonetheless!

Good luck
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2021, 07:51 AM   #95
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Update as of today:

I've got my car back following the replacement of the Amp - so far so good! Will be giving it a few days to make sure all ok, but it definitely seems to sound a bit better than it did, so hopefully that's the problem solved (fingers crossed!)
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 09:45 AM   #96
johnboysafc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e MSport Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Update as of today:

I've got my car back following the replacement of the Amp - so far so good! Will be giving it a few days to make sure all ok, but it definitely seems to sound a bit better than it did, so hopefully that's the problem solved (fingers crossed!)
Yeah hope it's done the trick
      01-22-2021, 10:01 AM   #97
ramparts
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Update as of today:

Excellent, of course i'm still waiting for the same part to arrive at my dealers. It was in stock, but then out of stock when they went to order it!

next week apparently
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 12:46 PM   #98
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Update as of today:

Excellent, of course i'm still waiting for the same part to arrive at my dealers. It was in stock, but then out of stock when they went to order it!

next week apparently
Hope you manage to get it sorted soon. I think it's now becoming a more well-known fault, so I'm willing to bet there's a lot of people like us who've had to live with it for a few months until BMW Technical played catch up, and therefore a waiting list for the part!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 01:01 PM   #99
ramparts
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Update as of today:

next week apparently
Hope you manage to get it sorted soon. I think it's now becoming a more well-known fault, so I'm willing to bet there's a lot of people like us who've had to live with it for a few months until BMW Technical played catch up, and therefore a waiting list for the part!
They were meant to have ordered it before I posted the puma case stuff for you, but they didn't get ruound to it lol !
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 06:25 AM   #100
Martsatart
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i G21

So my M340i Touring has developed the HK bass drop out recently.
Looking at the various threads and it seems Im going to need the amp changed.
I read that cars affected seemed to be built from march 2020.
I bought mine at 6 months old and was first registered in June 2020
When I look at the build sticker it says Feb 2020.
Bear with me ..
Looked at the amp and ram module in the boot - both dated 5/20 so has it been changed before or did the pandemic delay the final build process ?
All a bit strange.
Anyway...its going in to the dealer in a fortnight so hopefully they will replace the amp without to much hassle .
Appreciate 1
4monks95.00
      08-19-2021, 01:36 PM   #101
jedpause
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport '21

I must be one of the lucky ones

I researched this to death before getting my G20, lots of horror stories with bass drop out, overheating and other niggles....

My HK setup has been flawless since I got the car in March 2021, I play very loud and never had bass dropouts even on very long journeys... must have ben a good batch or something... I hope I am not tempting providence
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 02:26 PM   #102
Beemer5to3
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedpause View Post
I researched this to death before getting my G20, lots of horror stories with bass drop out, overheating and other niggles....

My HK setup has been flawless since I got the car in March 2021, I play very loud and never had bass dropouts even on very long journeys... must have ben a good batch or something... I hope I am not tempting providence
Your car will have been built with the newer amp - it only affected cars built up to November 2020.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 01:51 AM   #103
PaulM340
Registered
Rep
Drives: M340i

I picked up a near new M340I last month and when I tested my sounds system out there was zero base, all I could really hear sound from the tweeters (Im no audio engineer but that what it sounded like to me). Had to hand the car back right there and they ran. A few days later a new amplifier was installed.

I picked the car for the second time, tested out the sound system and guess what, no bass once again!

Now around 3 weeks of waiting and there is a "booster part" on order to be installed next. I had no issues with my 2018 340, that one was assembled in Germany though maybe they take more care in Europe than this side of the pond.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 03:15 AM   #104
Talisman77
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '69 BMW M340i xDrive (G20)

Garage List
Interesting - I had mine cut out once. I reset iDrive with the 30 sec long-press and that resolved it, but hearing it's potentially an amp fault about to fail on me has me inclined to reach out to BMW and get it fixed on warranty asap.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 04:57 PM   #105
kohlzor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240xi

Any idea which Fuse actually powers the HK amp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cilas View Post
Firstly I used a battery to try if it was a overheating problem.
Now i will tab to the 273 fuse in the truck fuse box.

Just wating for one of these:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOegJOz

Here is the bracket i made, to hold the fan in place using the same OEM screws that hold the left plastic tray:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4652236
Appreciate 0