Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Notification - Driver assistance has changed in this region

03-27-2024, 04:10 AM   #1
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 325ti Compact Sport, G21 M340i

Notification - Driver assistance has changed in this region

So I was on an A road this morning when I though I'd press the DAP button on the steering wheel (for the first time), just to see what would appear in the instrument cluster, but I also got a notification in the ID7 that read

"Driver Assistance has changed in this region"

Further info stated that traffic light detection was not available, some thing like that anyway. And I was unable to completely dismiss this notification.

I'll find out later if it has disappeared when I restart the car.

I Googled "Driver assistance has changed in this region" And got zero hits, which I thought was odd.

Anybody else seen this?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 05:33 AM   #2
zlatko
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: G21 LCI 330d Xdrive

Yes, I have seen this message multiple times, but only after crossing country borders. DAP acts differently in different countries in regards of recognizing road signs and traffic lights. In my home country it doesn't show warnings for e.g. "overtaking forbidden"(and then it's end) or stops signs, etc. In other territories I get the message "Driver assistance has changed in this region" and I have far more info and assistance provided by the car.
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2024, 06:22 AM   #3
Benmac
Private
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tok'Ra View Post
So I was on an A road this morning when I though I'd press the DAP button on the steering wheel (for the first time), just to see what would appear in the instrument cluster, but I also got a notification in the ID7 that read

Further info stated that traffic light detection was not available, some thing like that anyway. And I was unable to completely dismiss this notification.

I Googled "Driver assistance has changed in this region" And got zero hits, which I thought was odd.

Anybody else seen this?
Yeah, mine was doing that. There's two things you need to switch off to make it go away. First is the obvious one telling it to not look of traffic lights but there was another that now escapes me buried somewhere else in the menus. Sorry, not hugely helpful but it is possible to do.
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2024, 06:23 AM   #4
NLJ
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Garage List
With the latest 11/23 update, there’s a subscription service available now for Canada for traffic light detection!
We never had it before!
Appreciate 2
zlatko117.50
      03-27-2024, 10:54 AM   #5
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tok'Ra View Post

Anybody else seen this?
Had you switched on traffic light detection while playing in the menus at some point? It’s in two places, and both need to be switched off. It’s stupid that they give you the option if it’s not allowed. Giving with one hand and taking away with the other!

Although, if it copes as well with British traffic lights as it does with British speed signs then perhaps it’s not a bad thing that it remains unavailable.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 11:14 AM   #6
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Anyone know what’s preventing bmw U.K. enabling traffic light recognition for the U.K.?
Is it regulations? And if so what is required to allow it
Believe it works if you are in Germany
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 04:17 PM   #7
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 325ti Compact Sport, G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
Had you switched on traffic light detection while playing in the menus at some point? It’s in two places, and both need to be switched off. It’s stupid that they give you the option if it’s not allowed. Giving with one hand and taking away with the other!

Although, if it copes as well with British traffic lights as it does with British speed signs then perhaps it’s not a bad thing that it remains unavailable.
TBH I'm not sure, I may have enabled both options when I was messing around with ID7 after the last update. One is traffic light detection, the other is for when you are coming up to traffic lights, do you want the car to slow down automatically.

I've now unticked both of those options and I now no longer get the pop up message I reported when I press the DAP switch on the steering wheel.

I would guess that even although we can't use it here, and that's down to UK regs I'd assume, the notification is there for the eventuallity that you have driven from a region that is supported, and it's an advisory that this function will not work in the region you are now in, which makes sense I guess, and why I assume that since the car knows these functions will not work in the UK, it does not just disable the request via the checkboxes by default.
Appreciate 0