Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum G20 buying/negotiating advise and tire choice

11-16-2018, 03:45 PM   #1
sanch8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

G20 buying/negotiating advise and tire choice

Hello,

I have recently put down a deposit here in Canada to get a new 2019 330i xDrive. I have been dreaming of owning a BMW for 15 years now so am super excited and had a couple of questions:

1. My dealer told me not to expect any discount on the car but wanted to ask people who have bought brand new cars before if i can get the dealer to budge on this somehow? If I don't get a cash discount, any other goodies i can make them throw in to close the deal?

2. Is there an advantage for waiting for delivery until mid June (will possibly do an ED if available) or getting the car right at launch in mid-march (no ED), especially from the perspective of BMW working out production kinks, perfecting any minor production errors/issues? Is there a better chance of getting a disc with June delivery?

3. I have read the run flat and non run flat threads and understand that non run flats are generally better for ride and handling especially with larger wheels. I am planning on getting the M sport and therefore 19" wheels. My question is do people have a clear preference for staggered vs non staggered wheels? Especially considering tire rotation and other costs.

4. Would also greatly appreciate any general advise for a 1st time BMW buyer and/or links to helpful threads I should read on the topic?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 04:58 PM   #2
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanch8 View Post
Hello,

I have recently put down a deposit here in Canada to get a new 2019 330i xDrive. I have been dreaming of owning a BMW for 15 years now so am super excited and had a couple of questions:

1. My dealer told me not to expect any discount on the car but wanted to ask people who have bought brand new cars before if i can get the dealer to budge on this somehow? If I don't get a cash discount, any other goodies i can make them throw in to close the deal?

2. Is there an advantage for waiting for delivery until mid June (will possibly do an ED if available) or getting the car right at launch in mid-march (no ED), especially from the perspective of BMW working out production kinks, perfecting any minor production errors/issues? Is there a better chance of getting a disc with June delivery?

3. I have read the run flat and non run flat threads and understand that non run flats are generally better for ride and handling especially with larger wheels. I am planning on getting the M sport and therefore 19" wheels. My question is do people have a clear preference for staggered vs non staggered wheels? Especially considering tire rotation and other costs.

4. Would also greatly appreciate any general advise for a 1st time BMW buyer and/or links to helpful threads I should read on the topic?

Thanks,
Not sure a ton about Canada buying but unless you are under the gun I would wait before you order... once sales start the price will settle in to the typical discount on msrp, this is a volume model after all
Appreciate 1
trey1001125.00
      11-17-2018, 02:26 PM   #3
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
The non-staggered (aka: square) wheels are for xDrive models. RWD models have wider rear wheels.
      11-17-2018, 02:28 PM   #4
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
I'd tell your dealer to let you know when they're ready to offer a discount. Perhaps drop a hint that they should hope you haven't purchased something else by then.
      11-17-2018, 04:23 PM   #5
Eriphill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

No discounts and the interest rates will also likely suck at the beginning of the year if you're financing. I'd say get your deposit back if you can.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 07:44 AM   #6
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks,
I would wait as long as possible and try to get 340 with I6 when they offer discount
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 06:52 PM   #7
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
1&2. Wait until 2020 if you can. If you can't, it's not a big deal, but you will get a better price as well as get a car that has a few kinks worked out.

3. Staggered is better mostly for sportiness and aesthetics. Staggered is generally going to be a summer tire while square will generally be all-season tires. I'm personally the type to buy summer/staggered and put on winter tires in the winter. I don't really like all-season tires in the winter.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 09:38 AM   #8
ThatKrazyPolak
Banned
Rep
Drives: 228xi (SOLD)

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks,
Few things to strongly consider here:
1.) You don't need to put a deposit this early on this car, it won't benefit you in any way. Wait a month or two after launch and see reviews and how people are reacting to the car. Also it gives you time to see what quirks the car has, as mentioned above. Production / assembly is also bound to improve if you wait till summer.

2.) Tires will make or break your day to day ride. I bought the 2015 2 series, M Sport, as my first car, and had no idea what run flat tires were. It was the only thing I overlooked when purchasing. Had to buy tire insurance twice to cover the damage to tires and rims. Strongly assess how good the roads are up there and if you want to put up with run flats because there not that reliable.

Last edited by ThatKrazyPolak; 11-27-2018 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 08:34 PM   #9
Dog Face Pony Soldier
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
I don't really like all-season tires in the winter.
Snow tires like Blizzaks can't be beat in snow and ice, but truly suck in dry conditions. My BMW doesn't see nearly enough snow and ice to warrant this trade off. That's why Ultra High Performance All Season category tires are the best choice for my (RWD) 335i in the winter.
      12-08-2018, 01:23 AM   #10
Antec800
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i x drive

I would get a 340 you won’t Enjoy the 4 banger test drive both though and try and get your deposit back
Appreciate 0