Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos My newest pet peave -- drivers who use their fog lights when there is no fog

02-08-2019, 05:53 AM   #67
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by helothere View Post
there are much more things to complain about than cars driven with fog lights

such as
driving at night with no lights on except for auto-on LED DRLS
(they think their headlights are ON, I've found this happen mostly with Nissan Rogue drivers as 7 out of 10 cars that run without lights at night were these cars)

driving with high beams on just because it illuminates world in front of you better

driving on left most lane on hwy doing 55 while everyone else is passing you on right lane and you give them finger because they pass you (mostly Prius drivers)

I think chance of getting blinded by fog lights are lot less than finding guys mentioned above
Lets add this to the list. Reverse lights ? illuminated while driving forward?!?!?!? WTF? Guy gave me a heart attach this morning. I'm on the interstate coming over a slight rise to see freakin white lights pointed at me. I thought there was a wrong way driver. What possesses someone to do something so stupid? I'm not sure if they were reverse lights because they were pretty bright and large. It was an older SUV, a pathfinder or something.

Rant over. Happy Friday.
Appreciate 1
arashir164.00
      08-16-2020, 09:33 PM   #68
SiEgs90
Private
Rep
Drives: 08. 328xi. 97k. N52.

If it’s not entirely dark out might as well just run the angel eyes and the fog lights. People who use headlights when it’s in the mid evening seem to create more of a glare on the road with their headlights when they’re not really needed. Plus who really wants to kill the xenon bulbs off quicker. Fogs and angel eyes are much cheaper to replace.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 11:45 AM   #69
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
Properly adjusted factory fog lights are rarely an issue. it's when people modify their lights or add driving lights which are made for off-road use. (It even says so on the box!)Also, trucks and SUVs suspension are set up so front of the vehicle is slightly angled downward so the front lights dip down just a bit as well. However, when the back of the vehicle is heavily loaded or when pulling a trailer, this can elevate the lights towards oncoming drivers. Additionally, there are kits that you can buy which levels the front of trucks so that it's pointing straight forward to oncoming traffic. This is supposed to make it better if you read 4x4 magazines.

Of course a responsible truck/SUV driver could readjust their lights if they modify the vehicle or add a weight distribution kit to remedy this issue. But what fun is that?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 12:06 PM   #70
arashir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Lets add this to the list. Reverse lights ? illuminated while driving forward?!?!?!? WTF? Guy gave me a heart attach this morning. I'm on the interstate coming over a slight rise to see freakin white lights pointed at me. I thought there was a wrong way driver. What possesses someone to do something so stupid? I'm not sure if they were reverse lights because they were pretty bright and large. It was an older SUV, a pathfinder or something.

Rant over. Happy Friday.
This is the new thing to hate. Don't remember ever seeing this in my life, then faced two examples in Arizona in the last month. It's like permanently on rear fog lights. People who were not loved enough as children
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 12:09 PM   #71
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Parking Lights with Fogs is how I've rolled for over 20 years.
It looks sweet IMO especially around Dusk...
Attached Images

08-17-2020, 06:53 PM   #72
Kitzhabersucks
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi 2017 X3 35i

Many modern vehicles now come standard with a feature that illuminates the headlights when the vehicle is running as an added safety (visibility) feature.
Motorcycles are REQUIRED to have daytime lights for safety (visibility).
It would stand to reason, especially reading this thread that running with the "fog" lights on catches the attention of oncoming traffic.
If your eyes are overly sensitive to them it's likely:
fatigue, or tired eyes
From smoking the chronic
Your a pussy
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 06:54 PM   #73
Kitzhabersucks
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi 2017 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Parking Lights with Fogs is how I've rolled for over 20 years.
It looks sweet IMO especially around Dusk...
the darker window tint looks damn nice
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 10:10 PM   #74
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitzhabersucks View Post
the darker window tint looks damn nice
Thank you.